176 SS Does all documents need to be certified? Proof of funds needed?

paris hipon

Hi guys may I just ask since im planning to apply for ss in wa, does all my documents need to be certified? And do I need proof of funds just like other states usually they require $20,000 aud but in the wa website i cant find any stating how much is the proof of funds.

Also, im applying for architectural draftsperson occupation since the ielts requirement is lower like only 6 band in all parts, though im an interior designer, i do have 3 year relevant work experience as an archi draftsman so i hope there will be no problem for that.

Guest dinaincontact

Hi,

I have 60 points

age 32 yrs - 30 Points

study (Bachelor) - 15 Points (Graduate)

Experience, 8 Years - 15 Points

IELTS 7 (L-8,R-7.5,W-6,S-6)-0 Points

Everyone knows that pass mark is 65 points. As of now am I eligible to apply for State sponsorship to Western Australia? If i got sponsored means my points goes from 60 to 65. So can I apply in Subclass 176? Am I right.

I have positive skills assessment outcome for mechanical engineer.

Please guide me.

Dinesh

thats correct. but i think most of the states now have a requirement of an ielts grade of overall 7 even though you have 65 points in all they still need you to take the ielts and achieve the ielts state reqt. you can check each state what is their ielts requirement but from what i read before i think its 7.

Hi,

I have 60 points

age 32 yrs - 30 Points

study (Bachelor) - 15 Points (Graduate)

Experience, 8 Years - 15 Points

IELTS 7 (L-8,R-7.5,W-6,S-6)-0 Points

Everyone knows that pass mark is 65 points. As of now am I eligible to apply for State sponsorship to Western Australia? If i got sponsored means my points goes from 60 to 65. So can I apply in Subclass 176? Am I right.

I have positive skills assessment outcome for mechanical engineer.

Please guide me.

Dinesh

Guest dinaincontact

Thank you,

I have checked the website, They say that the minimum requirement is competent english, It means Band 6 right?

As from July 1, 2011 for Skilled migration you must score minimum 7 in all bands of IELTS and if you don't there is no chance no matter how much points you score without it.

All your documents need to be certified for skill assessment, I just sent all my documents for assessment on 10th including original "IELTS" report and that's a requirement now.

I don't think you need to show proof of funds.

Really no need proof of funds??? But other people say you need so now im confused if i really need proof of funds .. hmm hope anyone who applied for west aus state sponsorship can share their experience if you did showed any proof of funds cuz this week im planning to go to the bank and loan money and put it in my account so i caan show i have the $20,000 aud show money .. hope someone can reply thanks again! :unsure:

paris

As from July 1, 2011 for Skilled migration you must score minimum 7 in all bands of IELTS and if you don't there is no chance no matter how much points you score without it.

All your documents need to be certified for skill assessment, I just sent all my documents for assessment on 10th including original "IELTS" report and that's a requirement now.

I don't think you need to show proof of funds.

Guest papasmurf

Hi we got state sponsorship for WA, they ask on the form how much you will be bringing we gave a rough estimation depending on house sale but we have never had to show any documents to prove it hope this helps.

thanks so much for sharing papasmurf i guess ill just say the same thing hehe since i do have a house maybe ill just tell them ill sell it also before i go to australia thanks again! helped a lot hehe ;)

Hi we got state sponsorship for WA, they ask on the form how much you will be bringing we gave a rough estimation depending on house sale but we have never had to show any documents to prove it hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
Guest Oliveero

Hi msbds and papasmurf (or anyone in WA on a SS visa!),

There is a line in my State Sponsorship Agreement from WA (that came with my SS approval) saying that I have to transfer X amount into WA as part of my committment to the state.

My application detailed my savings, and also mentioned the equity I have in my house. The amount to transfer into WA is the total amount including equity. I am now concerned as this figure was an estimate (as house prices always are) but now I appear to be committed to selling my house before I move and putting the estimated figure into WA.

How stringent is this? I'm wondering if there is need to prove the transfer of money into WA. Will immigration need a bank statement upon arrival??

Guest Oliveero

Well I've just got the answer to my own question by calling the number on my WA State Sponsorship Approval letter.

I was told that the letter saying 'you must transfer X amount' into WA is simply there to demonstrate that WA have notified you that you will need funds once you get there. It's designed to cover WA in the eventuality that you have money trouble etc. The figure that they include in that line of the agreement is whatever you put on the application form. It seems that lower figures get questioned so that they can ensure you understand that you can't "just turn up with 10 bucks in your pocket" (quote from WA rep). Higher figures don't seem to get questioned - as mine wasn't.

The guy I spoke to this morning said that if the figure is higher than I'm comfortable with, not to worry, as no checks are made and I WILL NOT need to show a bank statement detailing the amount mentioned. He also said that they have had plenty of feedback similar to mine and that they are planning on removing that line from the agreement.

I hope this info helps someone else in the future.

Hi Oliveero, sorry didn't get beck to you yesterday, but I couldn't find the thread! Glad you got sorted with your question, and once again my apologies - I know how frustrating and confusing all the different stages can be. Good luck, Sharon

Guest The Newlands
Really no need proof of funds??? But other people say you need so now im confused if i really need proof of funds .. hmm hope anyone who applied for west aus state sponsorship can share their experience if you did showed any proof of funds cuz this week im planning to go to the bank and loan money and put it in my account so i caan show i have the $20,000 aud show money .. hope someone can reply thanks again! :unsure:

paris

There is no where that asks proof! the forms asks "how much will you be bringing" don't worry no proof is needed so don't go and borrow off the bank to pay back.

Hope this helps