register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest ksearle0681

moving interstate?!

Guest ksearle0681

hi im new to this site and thought i would introduce myself and get some advice and opinions!

we are afamily with 4 children and a dog! arrived in oz up in cairns in aug 08. instantly fell in love. we purchased a motor home travelled for 5 months and when we got to adelade decied to buy a house husband got a job etc.

husband had nearly finished all his tafe training to be able to work for himself(plumber) which is great.

when wanting to move to oz we had a dream and that was for a tropical lifestyle. beleve me im very open mined not easily offended and dont see things through rose tinted glasses!!! we as a family loved many parts of northen queensland but it was timeng that made us settle in sa(4th baby due)!! we are now considering the time maybe right to make the move up there ideal loation is the northen beaches of mackay(blacks beach, emieo, buchaisa, dolphin heads).

lots of people have said oh your all so settled including the kids and made so many friends but i figure i can make friend again where ever i go!

is it wrong to move us all up there? anyone experienced moving interstate can give idea on costs? i just figure it was a dream to move to tropical australia and why i have no desire to go to the uk just keep thinking if we never go up and try we will never know!:wubclub:

I think you have to do what you want to do and live where you want to live. You know what its like there and you liked it so why not go.

If we had wanted to move interstate we would have done so. In fact we were going to move to Northern New South Wales but then my oh got a job in Melbourne and here we are. Not sad we did not move as we both like Melbourne very much. However we could have liked Northern New South Wales as well as we both knew what it was like and we are the type of people to settle anywhere as long as we are a family.

Good luck.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

Guest siamsusie
hi im new to this site and thought i would introduce myself and get some advice and opinions!

we are afamily with 4 children and a dog! arrived in oz up in cairns in aug 08. instantly fell in love. we purchased a motor home travelled for 5 months and when we got to adelade decied to buy a house husband got a job etc.

husband had nearly finished all his tafe training to be able to work for himself(plumber) which is great.

when wanting to move to oz we had a dream and that was for a tropical lifestyle. beleve me im very open mined not easily offended and dont see things through rose tinted glasses!!! we as a family loved many parts of northen queensland but it was timeng that made us settle in sa(4th baby due)!! we are now considering the time maybe right to make the move up there ideal loation is the northen beaches of mackay(blacks beach, emieo, buchaisa, dolphin heads).

lots of people have said oh your all so settled including the kids and made so many friends but i figure i can make friend again where ever i go!

is it wrong to move us all up there? anyone experienced moving interstate can give idea on costs? i just figure it was a dream to move to tropical australia and why i have no desire to go to the uk just keep thinking if we never go up and try we will never know!:wubclub:

Welcome to Poms In Oz,

I quite understand what you are saying, and my feeling is "go for it". Kate & Rob (Admin) have moved from Melbourne to Cairns and are loving it. I am sure Kate will be along later to give you the low down.

I have recently moved states approx 6,000K from northern WA to Tasmania with absolutely no regrets but I wouldnt discount northern Queensland either at some stage in our lives.

You only live once:wink: and enjoy!

Susie x