All feedback greatly appreciated!

Guest 19scott90

Guest 19scott90

Good afternoon everyone

I understand, according to the Skilled Occupation List, that Veterinarians are in need down under. My girlfriend is a Veterinarian Nurse and I was therefore wondering whether her occupation is needed down under? The Skilled Occupation List strictly says 'Veterinarian' but a 'Veterinarian Nurse' nearly does, and most can do the exact same job as a Veterinarian.

If anyone could point me in the right direction or clear this up for me I would be a very happy chappy.

Thanks

Scott

Guest guest30038

Sorry Scott, but I would think that any qualified vet reading your post would be rather disgruntled at your statement.

A vet needs 5 yrs to qualify, whereas a vet' nurse needs only one. In fact, a while ago I read that it was being mooted (in Oz) that veterinary qualification may be "lifted" to post graduate level of 8yrs to qualify.

Based on training/qualifying I doubt very much that a vet nurse would be given the same consideration as a vet. I would recommend that you look into sponsorship.

good luck

Guest 19scott90
Sorry Scott, but I would think that any qualified vet reading your post would be rather disgruntled at your statement.

A vet needs 5 yrs to qualify, whereas a vet' nurse needs only one. In fact, a while ago I read that it was being mooted (in Oz) that veterinary qualification may be "lifted" to post graduate level of 8yrs to qualify.

Based on training/qualifying I doubt very much that a vet nurse would be given the same consideration as a vet. I would recommend that you look into sponsorship.

good luck

I understand that it takes longer to qualify and the training is obviously more in depth etc, maybe my statemement was a tad underminding. I apologise if I have disgruntled anyone.

Ah right, do you have a link so I can read? :)

Thanks very much, ill look into it.

Regards

Scott