So how much is a beer in Oz

Guest Andy

Guest Sir Les Patterson

Ahh, there's nothing like it when I finish 18 holes at Paradise Palms or when I'm out on the boat on the Barrier Reef like a warmish English Ale......NOT !!!!

When I am participating in these pastimes I normally imbibe of a Cascade Premium or a Boag's Premium LAGER. They are cold and REFRESHING.

In England we call real ale beer and ozzie type beer we call lager...
Mate, in Australia we call these sorts of beers....beers......... sorry if you don't agree......get over it.

On one of my first overnights in Manchester I tried several "English Ales" (if I remember one of them was Boddingtons ) I didn't like any of them.......but that was probably because they were not what I was used to to and my tastes as an Australian were different.It doesn't mean they were crap,just different. If you can't accept that you now live in a different country with different tastes, (it is not England with sunshine) why are you here ???????

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hatton
They do all use alcohol which is an excellent preservative. May be that is what is giving RichB the hangover?

Anyways, I love(d) a pint of real ale. I suspect it is a slowly dying art in the UK though, and folk in Australia often prefer something cold and refreshing, than something warm and tasty. If you know what I mean. Each to their own. I am going to slug some homebrew tonight - just can't work out whether the hit the Porter, the 80/-, the Bitter, or the Extra Special Bitter. Roll on home time!

No, real ale has made a massive insurgent into UK pubs in the last decade, all these micro breweries making superb ales is wonderful, I have never known a time when you go into a pub and they have 10 different ales from 10 different breweries.:biggrin:

Guest RichB

Ive just had a look at the ironhouse brewey website and it looks lovely...I love tasmania..I wish they would make stronger beer in Oz..Everywhere you go you will find really weak beer as in alcohol content, and will be lucky to find anything over 5 %.

I love beers that are at least 6% plus and even the Belgian stuff 10% plus..It seems in Oz you have to drink so much of the stuff to get any effect off it, which is expensive..the best ale I tried in Oz would have to have been from the Otway brewery in Victoria..the saisson was fantastic and sold in big bottles..700ml I think,but cost an arm and a leg..Got to splash out once in a while hey.to get my fix.

Guest Hatton
Ahh, there's nothing like it when I finish 18 holes at Paradise Palms or when I'm out on the boat on the Barrier Reef like a warmish English Ale......NOT !!!!

When I am participating in these pastimes I normally imbibe of a Cascade Premium or a Boag's Premium LAGER. They are cold and REFRESHING.

Mate, in Australia we call these sorts of beers....beers......... sorry if you don't agree......get over it.

On one of my first overnights in Manchester I tried several "English Ales" (if I remember one of them was Boddingtons ) I didn't like any of them.......but that was probably because they were not what I was used to to and my tastes as an Australian were different.It doesn't mean they were crap,just different. If you can't accept that you now live in a different country with different tastes, (it is not England with sunshine) why are you here ???????

Ohhhh dear Les, don't get your knickers in a twist love :wink: it is only a lighthearted thread and nothing to get to wound up about.:hug:

Guest siamsusie

Quote:

Originally Posted by siamsusie

Tasmania make some excellent beers RichB

They should export them to Oz siamsusie.

Ermmmm Tasmania is in Australia:mad:

Guest siamsusie
Ive just had a look at the ironhouse brewey website and it looks lovely...I love tasmania..I wish they would make stronger beer in Oz..Everywhere you go you will find really weak beer as in alcohol content, and will be lucky to find anything over 5 %.

I love beers that are at least 6% plus and even the Belgian stuff 10% plus..It seems in Oz you have to drink so much of the stuff to get any effect off it, which is expensive..the best ale I tried in Oz would have to have been from the Otway brewery in Victoria..the saisson was fantastic and sold in big bottles..700ml I think,but cost an arm and a leg..Got to splash out once in a while hey.to get my fix.

Good to see you RichB, well when you have retired I am sure we will be seeing more of you in Tasmania eh. Have a nice weekend :wubclub:

Guest Hatton
Quote:

Originally Posted by siamsusie

Tasmania make some excellent beers RichB

Ermmmm Tasmania is in Australia:mad:

:cute: I should have said export them to the main-land...my silly.