So how much is a beer in Oz

Guest Andy

Guest Andy

Morning folk's,

A friend of mine who works a lot in Australia has just returned and i was chatting to him this week, he was saying thst the price of everything has really rocketed over there and was in a bar on his last day and was charged $14 for a pint :shocked:, so here is my question for those that know as i like the odd beer so it would interest me, how much is a pint where you drink in oz? :unsure:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning folk's,

A friend of mine who works a lot in Australia has just returned and i was chatting to him this week, he was saying thst the price of everything has really rocketed over there and was in a bar on his last day and was charged $14 for a pint :shocked:, so here is my question for those that know as i like the odd beer so it would interest me, how much is a pint where you drink in oz? :unsure:

Yes lots, if you have to ask you can't afford it as they say, :wacko:

Guest Andy
Yes lots, if you have to ask you can't afford it as they say, :wacko:

You could say that about anything though, so the question imo is a valid one.

Guest Andy
Sorry was trying to be funny,in bris it is very very expensive to drink out and about,

Thats ok, i was just trying to get a kind of realistic idea from the different area's, so how much do you reckon for a pint in bris?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We found the beer dear when we were there, especially because we were spending our pounds, but wine was really cheap $15 for 5 litres and it was gorgeous, so i think i would be drin king more wine when we emigrate .............. its a case of ............. having to rough it. lol

Ello Andy,

A Pint here in Adelaide is smaller than anywhere else 425 ML!But almost all Pubs have $5 specials on offer,so it aint too bad.Most of them are so so,but not all!I just had a sesh on James Boags Draught,and another this week on Coopers Pale Ale.Went to the Belgian Bar in Brissy recently and paid $16 for a pint of Nectar!It was served in a giant wine glass,and was most definitely the best beer i have ever tasted(and blew me brains out)All in all,you can get by here,having a beer without remortgaging!:wink::yes:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Ello Andy,

$16 for a pint of Nectar!It was served in a giant wine glass,and was most definitely the best beer i have ever tasted(and blew me brains out)All in all,you can get by here,having a beer without remortgaging!:wink::yes:

P!ssed on one beer, you won't be any good drinking with me, pablo, pepin and tonyman we are real hardened drinkers.:laugh:

We found the beer dear when we were there, especially because we were spending our pounds, but wine was really cheap $15 for 5 litres and it was gorgeous, so i think i would be drin king more wine when we emigrate .............. its a case of ............. having to rough it. lol
Jimbo!Gotcha!!!!This is you,you Scoundrel innit!!!!:wink::biggrin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzeR1pJIZBA

P!ssed on one beer, you won't be any good drinking with me, pablo, pepin and tonyman we are real hardened drinkers.:laugh:
Oh Yeah James,forgot to tell yer it was the Top Hat on the night,already had about 6 good ones before that,Twas one of those Beer sampling benders us silly boys sometimes go on!:wacko::yes:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Jimbo!Gotcha!!!!This is you,you Scoundrel innit!!!!:wink::biggrin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzeR1pJIZBA

Cheers for that mate, i loved Dean Martin, i felt a touch of sadness listening to that, life is flashing by and before you know it it is gone and lifes for living ............ sorry about being meloncholy ............... back to the fun.

Guest Andy
Ello Andy,

A Pint here in Adelaide is smaller than anywhere else 425 ML!But almost all Pubs have $5 specials on offer,so it aint too bad.Most of them are so so,but not all!I just had a sesh on James Boags Draught,and another this week on Coopers Pale Ale.Went to the Belgian Bar in Brissy recently and paid $16 for a pint of Nectar!It was served in a giant wine glass,and was most definitely the best beer i have ever tasted(and blew me brains out)All in all,you can get by here,having a beer without remortgaging!:wink::yes:

Thanks mate,

$5 specials sound good, whats that about £3.50 which aint to far off here in blighty.

Rocks more wise on where to go than me when i visited andy,but i was paying 6 or 7 dollars i think in 09,that was for tooheys old,similar to a stout,got a can of 440 ml guiness in one pub ....$9:shocked::laugh:,if yer get a short DONT get ice,or just ask for one cube,i got a whiskey and the barmaid said "dyer want ice",i said "yes pls"(dont know why,because i dont have anything in whisky!)a small iceberg was then put in the glass:yes::laugh:,could barely taste the whisky,so that was a lesson learned,some dont like the "normal" aussie pubs,i thought they were sound enuf,we met with loads of aussies in the beer gardens(smokers),great place to meet people and have the craic imo

the pub i rarely frequent is about $7.80 for Tooheys, touch more for Heineken ect but a nice kept pint .....i only visit these establishments when we have guest as it does become rather expensive .....so i have the guest purchase the alcohol for me ..........thus become rather cheaper and more enjoyable to drink outside my humble abode................

when not entertaining at home i put the guest beer away ( XXXX Gold) or VB ( Visitors beer ) and carry on with my Budweiser and cast wine Berries 5ltr traditional red voted the best red in WA 2009 and was only $ 8.95 per 5ltr cast last week so we stocked up big style 'suffice to say' i dont really drink much these days ........im trying to cut down the beer before the wine ect .........:yes:

the pub i rarely frequent is about $7.80 for Tooheys, touch more for Heineken ect but a nice kept pint .....i only visit these establishments when we have guest as it does become rather expensive .....so i have the guest purchase the alcohol for me ..........thus become rather cheaper and more enjoyable to drink outside my humble abode................

when not entertaining at home i put the guest beer away ( XXXX Gold) or VB ( Visitors beer ) and carry on with my Budweiser and cast wine Berries 5ltr traditional red voted the best red in WA 2009 and was only $ 8.95 per 5ltr cast last week so we stocked up big style 'suffice to say' i dont really drink much these days ........im trying to cut down the beer before the wine ect .........:yes:

It IS an actual PINT in perth tho isnt it nick?in sa its not a full pint

It IS an actual PINT in perth tho isnt it nick?in sa its not a full pint

yes it is Mr Pabs .....SA are being ripped off........mind you they do set 10cent bag on each bottle ....and we dont ....i would be a millionaire by now if i could get my money back on the bottles .......:laugh:

Rocks more wise on where to go than me when i visited andy,but i was paying 6 or 7 dollars i think in 09,that was for tooheys old,similar to a stout,got a can of 440 ml guiness in one pub ....$9:shocked::laugh:,if yer get a short DONT get ice,or just ask for one cube,i got a whiskey and the barmaid said "dyer want ice",i said "yes pls"(dont know why,because i dont have anything in whisky!)a small iceberg was then put in the glass:yes::laugh:,could barely taste the whisky,so that was a lesson learned,some dont like the "normal" aussie pubs,i thought they were sound enuf,we met with loads of aussies in the beer gardens(smokers),great place to meet people and have the craic imo
Me and you's Doppelgangers Pabs!I allways finish the night with a short,and have to say to the Barmaid straight away"Two ice cubes please"otherwise they fill the glass with it and that's the end of me short!!!!Got fed up PDQ with stickin me fingers in me drink and dragging all the ice out to fill the ashtray up!:wink:

yes it is Mr Pabs .....SA are being ripped off........mind you they do set 10cent bag on each bottle ....and we dont ....i would be a millionaire by now if i could get my money back on the bottles .......:laugh:

:wink:The eating out in the pubs was reasonable i thought nick? dont know about perth but in SA they all seem to have schitzel nites(i think a fair few germans settled in sa),think it was about 10 $,but grab as much side order as yer want,the way i worked the price of a beer out is that its more or less a quarter of an hours pay,same as it is here really

:wink:The eating out in the pubs was reasonable i thought nick? dont know about perth but in SA they all seem to have schitzel nites(i think a fair few germans settled in sa),think it was about 10 $,but grab as much side order as yer want,the way i worked the price of a beer out is that its more or less a quarter of an hours pay,same as it is here really

:biglaugh:hey i was talking about that today at work , our apprentices are on $8 an hour ...so i said duck me thats a pint an hour they are on......great minds always work in pints .......:wink: