emmaroo

Do things happen for a reason?

Hi Folks

Just want to throw this question out there!

After several crap months and now reflecting on it I am a strong beleiver that things happen for a reason!

Anyone else share my ethos?

:hug:

Lang may yer lum reek!

Totally agree, big believer in it myself, just takes time to adjust and realise that life goes on

You are doing very well and should be very proud of youself:-))):notworthy:

Are you coming to the Girls Night July 30th???

Love Laney xxxx:hug:

I think it's hard at the time to believe that when we're going through a tough time it's happening for a reason, but personally, i've taken something from all the tough times and it's helped me grow - I didn't like or appreciate it at the time but I can look back and think i'm better for it and I wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

Was going to ask too if you're coming out with us on the 30th - be lovely to see you xx

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Hey!

Where is the night out?

Emma

Lang may yer lum reek!

definately

Job offer April 2011, Reccie July 2011, 457 submitted 21/09/2011, my medical only 14/10/11, medical submitted 21/10/11 (IT issues), referred 21/10/11, approved 27/10/11, landed 24/4/12, PR submitted (decision ready) June 2012, PR granted August 2013

Guest luwero

Always be great full of any moment in your life because somehow it makes you a better person , the lessons you learn from builds you to who are today. Face trials of life with a smiles tomorrow it will be your reference.

Tk

absolutely:yes:

But now that I have said that I am not sure

For me I can accept that things happen to ME for a reason but when I see people I love in pain or something terrible happening I feel so sad and think that this isn't fair

I suppose I am a little bit hypocritical about it, cos generally I do think things happen for a reason but then (example) my dad died when he was very young and I think that was a mistake (something that was overlooked and not meant to happen) so I suppose I don't really think it happens for a reason at all.

Very thought provoking.?????

I don't know what is going on in your life but I hope you feel better x

No, as I don't believe in god, but glad to hear things are looking up. :wubclub:

Hi Folks

Just want to throw this question out there!

After several crap months and now reflecting on it I am a strong beleiver that things happen for a reason!

Anyone else share my ethos?

:hug:

do they happen for a reason?

possibly ;)

My Aussie pictures - https://instagram.com/paulbell5/

No, as I don't believe in god, but glad to hear things are looking up. :wubclub:

What's believing or not believing in god got to do with it? It's got nothing to do with religion or anything like that.

:eek:

Lang may yer lum reek!

Guest guest30038
What's believing or not believing in god got to do with it? It's got nothing to do with religion or anything like that.

:eek:

I think what he means is when you use the word "reason" then that could infer that any incident with a reason happened because someone/diety/being was reasoning when they "inflicted" the incident.

It's late, and I've had a few wines so it's a bit hard to explain, but IME when anyone thinks there's a reason for an event, then they are inferring that it was meant to happen. If the event was not "self-inflicted" and you believe it happened for a reason, then I would think that infers that it happened because someone/something else meant it to happpen..............if it wasn't you.............who was it?

I've just finished watching the adjustment team so this thread is rather spooky

I just read it as 'fate'

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Totally agree, big believer in it myself, just takes time to adjust and realise that life goes on

You are doing very well and should be very proud of youself:-))):notworthy:

Are you coming to the Girls Night July 30th???

Love Laney xxxx:hug:

girls night out ........:biggrin:does this mean i get to dress up .......:wink: yes i too am NOW a great believer ........after 6 months out of work , i signed myself off the sick and put out my CV , within a week 3 job offers ,i took the light weight job , as ive had a triple hernia , a type of welding job ive never considered before and it has proved to be the easiest job ive ever had , some real nice lads and lasses , cruise`y as ,as much OT as i want .....it wont last too long but im going to suck it up.........these jobs dont come around to often .......

things defo happen for a reason , its like when your times up , there has to be some sort of reason .........life can be cruel ,old age is cruel......

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

girls night out ........:biggrin:does this mean i get to dress up .......:wink: yes i too am NOW a great believer ........after 6 months out of work , i signed myself off the sick and put out my CV , within a week 3 job offers ,i took the light weight job , as ive had a triple hernia , a type of welding job ive never considered before and it has proved to be the easiest job ive ever had , some real nice lads and lasses , cruise`y as ,as much OT as i want .....it wont last too long but im going to suck it up.........these jobs dont come around to often .......

things defo happen for a reason , its like when your times up , there has to be some sort of reason .........life can be cruel ,old age is cruel......

Geez that's good. Tough time to get a job (where I live anyway) well done.

Guest luwero

Guys you r taking the issue to another level let us get back on truck:hug:

Definitely. I believe in karma (good karma, not what goes around comes around) and truly believe that even the bad things that happen do so for a reason.

An example or two. Before I fell pregnant with our eldest, I unfortunately miscarried. the very next month I fell pregnant with our eldest daughter, she was meant to be. Before I fell pregnant with our second child, we had discussed having another baby and had decided to wait. Two weeks later I found out I was pregnant with Charlotte, despite doubling up on contraception, she was meant to be. I unfortunately had another miscarriage three months ago, I am waiting to see if that was meant to be, but one of the things that helped me through it was the hope that something will happen that was meant to be.

Hope that makes sense.