Guest CUFCfan616

Sending off for permanent residency

Guest CUFCfan616

I forgot my old username and email I posted on here previously with. Unfortunately, misplacing things is a bit of a habit at the moment for me. I'm finalising my documents for my 801 (de facto) visa application for permanent residency but am unsure if the checklist I have is the whole checklist or if I'm missing a page or not :confused:

I'm waiting on my police check, but I've been informed by immigration to write a cover letter stating that and hand it in when it arrives (the same thing happened during my application for my 820 visa and they granted the visa when I took it in as that was the only thing they were waiting on).

The other thing I'm forgetfull about is whether I have to provide evidence that I've still been living with my partner for the past two years or not. I provided bills and bank statements for my 820 visa to prove we had been living together for at least a year, but I'm not sure if I'm missing a page off the checklist requesting further documents to prove we've still been living together. I rang up immigration, but she wasn't too sure about the matter and said that if I've moved address I would need to prove evidence of that, but we're still at the same address. My inclination is to send off a few bills and bank statements anyway as it can't hurt to provide as much evidence as possible, but I'm unsure if it's a requirement for the 801 as I can't remember if there's more to the checklist or not :unsure:

Guest siamsusie

Welcome back to Poms In Oz.

Bumping up your post for you, hopefully some answers will come in soon.

Best wishes

Susie x

Guest CUFCfan616

I thought I'd give a quick update for anyone who might be in a similar situation. As well as ringing up immigration, I emailed the permanent residency centre for advice and they said not to send anything in until I have received all the paperwork I'm waiting on, so contradicting advice from the phoneline and email there. After providing my file and client number to them, they've made a note saying my paperwork may be received a few days late and have given me a 28 day extension on my response period in order to give time for my police check to arrive. I definitely won't need 28 days and would've missed the original date by a day or two if the processing time on the AFP website is correct for police checks.

As it is though, my advice is if you have any questions, then ask immigration, and definitely ask the department that processes your visa type as they'll have the most accurate information and can make notes on your file.

As for the proof that me and my partner are still together, I've decided to just send as many bills and bank statements through as I can find. If they're not needed then they can put them through the shredder, but better for them to have the documents in case they need them :)

Hi

I got my application form from immigration a couple of weeks ago for 801 PR. The checklist I got has the following:

Statutory decs from applicant and sponsor

Original National Police Check (we don't have children so I only have to do for myself)

Original penal certificate for any country visited for cumulative period of 12 months or more since 820 grant date.

Acknowledgement card (if you want to know they received application)

Certificate copy of personal details pages of most recent passport

Certified copy of personal details of sponsors most recent passport (or drivers licence)

Form 80

Overseas travel details since 820 grant date.

Is this what you got CUFU616?

Hope this helps.

Smiler:biggrin:

Guest CUFCfan616

That's what I had on the page I could find so I'm guessing there wasn't a second page :) I finally sent mine off this week though after having to wait for a second police check because my first one got lost in the post. As long as you keep the immigration office updated with everything though, they're very helpful :)

Also, my friend who came over pretty much at the same time as me just got her permanent residency and said it took 10 days to process. I'm fairly sure she didn't go de facto though, but I'm hopeful I won't be waiting for the full 90 days :)

Guest CUFCfan616

Something interesting has happened since my application has gone in, one of the personal referees who they requested so they can contact to verify our situation we've had a bit of a falling out with. Does anyone know if it's possible to request that person to be changed on my application if I contact immigration or would that look bad? I'm sure they wouldn't say anything bad, but I don't want anything to jeapordise my application at this stage

Guest jwcttl

Hi,

Does anyone know what is the AFP Police check that requires for second stage process?

Thank you!

Guest CUFCfan616

It should be the same as the first stage as in just a normal one

Guest jwcttl

Thank you!

I am expecting the second stage letter from immigration. Finger crossed

Just trying to gather the informations before hand.

Regards

Guest jwcttl

hi CUFCfan616,

Another quick question, do we need to certify all the bills and bank statements?

Or just send them the original copy?

Thanks.

Guest CUFCfan616

It's not really advised to send through original bills anyway as you won't get them back, but yeah, can't hurt to get them certified :D you need to get passport photocopies of you and your partner certified anyway so might as well do them all at once.

I can't say what they need for sure though as I'm still waiting to hear back. But the earlier you complete it all and send off for your police check the better :)

Guest jwcttl

Thanks again. =)

Is a long waiting game...phew

Hopefully you will hear from them soon~!

Hi

I received my second stage documents from immigration back in June and sent them off at the beginning of July. I received the acknowledgement card within a week but I have still not been assigned a case worker. I know someone else who sent their documents in May and she too has not yet been assigned a case worker either. I just thought you should know it's a loooong wait.

Since reading a few posts today I am now concerned that I have not certified my passport copies properly - my partners sister-in-law did them for us (she's a lawyer). I'm worried that it's not acceptable to have family members certify. Do you know?

Guest CUFCfan616

Not sure if that's allowed or not. Best to email immigration on the email address provided in the pack just to make sure. Keep them up to date and also if there's anything wrong and they don't accept family members as a JP then the quicker you can correct it. It also gives you an opportunity to ask if it's been assigned a case officer or not :)

As for being assigned a case officer, I wasn't notified of anything until I had a 'package waiting' slip from the postman to be picked up at the post office and it was my approval letter :)

Imo silence means one of two things, they haven't got round to your application yet, or there's nothing wrong with it. If the initial time period that they state your application should be processed in passes (90 days was quoted in my pack) then drop them a line to see what's going on.

Guest jwcttl

Hi Midge, you might want to call and check with them regarding your application.

I spoke to the lady 2 weeks ago, I am currently waiting for my 2 years letter. She also mentioned that, they will process the application within 30 days if the supporting documents required are complete.

Congratulations CUFCfan616~!!

I never got my 2 year letter and had to ring them up every day for 2 weeks to get them to send me the paperwork. I don't think I had to send in bills/evidence of still being in a relationship but did do the forms andf stat decs and that seemed to be enough. They didnt even contact my referees. It took about 3 months to get the final approval. When you do get it, it may be best to get a new visa label as they are needed for travel to and from the UK (even IMMI said its best to get one put in).

Guest jwcttl

=S

Should I start ringing them?

They told me that they will dispatch it very very soon...2 weeks ago

I've actually prepared all the supporting documents, am just waiting on the 2 years letter now.

I called the processing centre, the current processing time is 8-12 months!

Guest jwcttl

Hi CUFCfan616,

I am expecting my 2 years letter and my housemate called and said he received a package in A4 with white envelope in both my name and my partner's name.

I am working away, cant wait to see what is in there.

I was wondering if the DIAC package stated both " my name and my patner's name"

of just the applicant's name?

Regards,

My second stage application pack just had my name on it so not sure if this was the same with CUFCfan616.

I am still awaiting news but I put my application in early as they sent my documents about 3 months before the 2 year mark. My 2 year mark will be in about 2 weeks time and they said they will not look at my application until the 2 year mark onwards.

Smiler:biggrin: