Medicals disaster!

Mizzmp

Well after our long awaited meds our car broke down on the motorway! We have now had to pay £275 cancellation fee otherwise they wouldn't rebook us another appt. We now have to try again on 25th July.

I just hope our CO understands. Total waste of money and cross that we had to pay canx fee even tho we didn't officially canx.

Please just give us our visa i cant take much more!

Guest Tillyloola

Wow, where did you have your med's booked? I had to cancel five times (four of those were on the day, loooooong story) and they didn't charge me anything. Maybe I got lucky.

Don't sweat it about the CO's timescale, there usually really good about medicals and what not, if it looks like your going to go over your date, just let them know what happened and it will be fine.

Medicals were at Bridge Clinic, Maidenhead. Its a 2 hour drive from home but not a spec of understanding. They said the doctor had to be paid for her time and if we weren't there it was treated as cancelled! Funny seeing as they are "so busy" because the doctor would have obviously seen other families.

Has anybody actually had a reply to an email from their CO? We got the first email 8th June and replied with our docs but nothing since? Just emailed her to explain todays nightmare so I hope she emails back. Time diff makes phonecalls hard.

Thanks guys x

Guest lexylou
Medicals were at Bridge Clinic, Maidenhead. Its a 2 hour drive from home but not a spec of understanding. They said the doctor had to be paid for her time and if we weren't there it was treated as cancelled! Funny seeing as they are "so busy" because the doctor would have obviously seen other families.

Has anybody actually had a reply to an email from their CO? We got the first email 8th June and replied with our docs but nothing since? Just emailed her to explain todays nightmare so I hope she emails back. Time diff makes phonecalls hard.

Thanks guys x

Hi Mizzmp, what a nightmare you must be seriously pi**ed off! We had our first email from our CO on 7/6 then we emailed her a week letter regarding a ehealth and she promptly replied. However our document checklist still remains the same "required" and we have uploaded all documents including pcc and meds completed. Our meds were finalised on 4 & 6th July and still no change. I don't think we will hear anything until next week as I believe she only works on a Monday and Tuesday (just our luck). Is your CO Team 4 by any chance?

Hi Lexy,

We do have team 4 Catherine Braithwaite! Cannot believe they only work 2 days a week, no wonder things take so flippin long.

She has now replied and given us an extention until Aug to get our meds in. She also confirmed these are the only outstanding item. Our doc checklist is up to date lucky for us. I have to say this is worse than heart surgery, child birth, divorce and a close second to world famine! Stress.com

Guest berkworths
Well after our long awaited meds our car broke down on the motorway! We have now had to pay £275 cancellation fee otherwise they wouldn't rebook us another appt. We now have to try again on 25th July.

I just hope our CO understands. Total waste of money and cross that we had to pay canx fee even tho we didn't officially canx.

HI there, oh what a mare i really feel for you all, as we had our meds yesterday at the bridge clinic too, cant beleive they were so funny with you as all seemed so nice and the doctor who saw us was such a lovely funny man!! dr wheeler highly reccomend if you are going there made us feel at ease we had a late app last one i think on the fri but was still really busy when got there was there about 2 hrs and all went ok just waiting on blood results now, , hopefully when you do get there will be plane sailing , i had to cancel our last app , but wasnt charged as within 48 hrs, but thats a bit naughty they charged you all that money why dont you mention it to the doc when you do get yours meds done you never know you may be able to get a refund worth a try!!! good luck to you all , once you are there it is a lovely place and all staff really nice x kellie :chatterbox:

Guest Fate will decide

:( Sorry to hear that, but consider yourself lucky as Spire health in Cardiff charge the full fee if you cancel on the day which is nearly £1000 for us 5! So worried we're going to wake up with the kids having chicken pox or something!