Teacjing Assistant?

I'm a qualified TA(level 2) and have been looking at jobs in Perth, a lot of them seem to be for a childcare cordinator and have a diploma, where can i find the information to see the certificates match, well the equivalent. Could i go for a job like a childcare cordinator? How do i find out what list of duties they're after?

Anyone with a bit of guidence pls.

Thanks.

I'm a qualified TA(level 2) and have been looking at jobs in Perth, a lot of them seem to be for a childcare cordinator and have a diploma, where can i find the information to see the certificates match, well the equivalent. Could i go for a job like a childcare cordinator? How do i find out what list of duties they're after?

Anyone with a bit of guidence pls.

Thanks.

A child care coordinator is like a nursery manager, nothing like a TA. Do you have experience doing that?

From what I've read TAs dont really exist in Aus in the same way they do in the UK. They're more like classroom helpers, a job mums etc do. Someone will come along and give a better explanation I'm sure.

If you are seeing jobs advertised there should be links to the person specification!

http://www.aei.gov.au/AEI/QualificationsRecognition/Default.htm

Hi there,

I am in Victoria but what Shel said is very true here too. Mostly mums doing the TA work and here we are on minimum wage - absolutely dire for what is expected. At my school we are employed as Education Aides and paid as ES1 1. There is a scale but to be honest we don't move anywhere on it and to be an ES2 you work in the office, are a youth worker or speech pathologist or something along those lines. In Perth I know my friend is an ES2 and she works in a base for kids with Autism attached to a mainstream primary school. She earns a couple of hundred more than i do a month.

Funding for the kids is pretty scarce, without a diagnosis and/or extreme behaviour or low IQ. The boy I work with has ADHD, Opp. Defiance Disorder and OCD he is very violent and selective mute. We applied to keep his funding for secondary and his application is on hold as they want us to provide more information. It was 54 pages and very specific.

We have plenty of kids in our school who IN THE UK would receive funding and many more would qualify for statements but it just doesn't happen here, hence reduced TA jobs and the jobs available are for those who are *challenging*.

I previously worked for the Special Needs Service in the UK as an Outreach Worker and held HLTA status. Someone correct me if i am wrong but it means nothing here, although I am much more qualified and have more experience than the mothers working at my school which did go for me at a recent job application.

Any other questions just ask or search the forum for Education Aide.