Drink Driving Conviction

whitewash

Hi Guys ,

A couple of years ago I was stupid enough to get into my car after having a few pints , got caught and I lost my drivers licence .

It was the most stupid thing I've ever done , the implications are massive and always seem to come back to haunt me . It's a BIG MISTAKE ...don't ever even think about it , it's so not worth it !

I'm getting my licence back in the coming months . I've VIC SS sorted and am in the process of getting the main application in , meds , police , Ielts , etc ..

I will need to swap my new licence within 6 months of arriving for a VIC licence.

Does anybody have any experience or have heard of anyone who has had any experience when it comes to swapping their licence to an Oz licence when they have a disqualification for drink driving under their belt ?

Will they refuse me a licence outright ?

Make me start as a provisional / learner - start from stratch all over again ?

I've checked on the vicroads.au site but they won't let you ask them online this particular type of question .

If anyone has any ideas / info I would be so grateful .

Thanks

Dan

Hi Guys ,

A couple of years ago I was stupid enough to get into my car after having a few pints , got caught and I lost my drivers licence .

It was the most stupid thing I've ever done , the implications are massive and always seem to come back to haunt me . It's a BIG MISTAKE ...don't ever even think about it , it's so not worth it !

I'm getting my licence back in the coming months . I've VIC SS sorted and am in the process of getting the main application in , meds , police , Ielts , etc ..

I will need to swap my new licence within 6 months of arriving for a VIC licence.

Does anybody have any experience or have heard of anyone who has had any experience when it comes to swapping their licence to an Oz licence when they have a disqualification for drink driving under their belt ?

Will they refuse me a licence outright ?

Make me start as a provisional / learner - start from stratch all over again ?

I've checked on the vicroads.au site but they won't let you ask them online this particular type of question .

If anyone has any ideas / info I would be so grateful .

Thanks

Dan

Hi there Dan,

I came here just 18mths ago and had a DD conviction years ago in uk. It doesnt show on your licence and nobody asks you. You should however own up to it on police check. No dramas, just shows your honest about it.

I still remember worrying about every little detail. I got my Victoria licence straight away and now make sure I never have a drink if driving. A hard lesson in UK and even easier to get caught out here as they have what they call Booze bus stops when everybody is stopped and breatho'd. No reason other than to check if you have been dringing. Definately not worth the heartache............