Visiting before deciding where to move to...

Guest fionaj

Guest fionaj

Hi,

We have just received our 5 year business visa (big change from just thinking of going for a year), and hopefully moving next summer. We are going over for 4 weeks in September to have a look at where to move to. We originally thought of moving to Melbourne where I have family but we also have friends/family in Perth and Brisbane so are now undecided. Need some advice on good places for a young couple (late 20's, no kids) to live, how to fit in 3+cities in four weeks and what to do, where to go while we are over. Are there others cities we are missing? Basically get the most out of our time. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Scotinaus

I am biased but as a couple in your late 20's with no kids I would definitely recommend Melbourne. It has great food, wine, shopping, culture, music, etc and Victoria is a beautiful state. I love visiting friends in the Perth area but would never live there. Too small, too isolated and not enough of the things I enjoy.

Brisbane is a nice city and QLD is a gorgeous state as well. It's streets apart from Melbourne. If you are after more if the sun, sea and sand culture than Brisbane or Perth would be better. Depends on your interests and lifestyle.

Best of luck. It's really easy to fly between the three cities to check them all out. If you visit Perth make sure you see Margaret River and if you go to Brisbane there are loads of places to see around there too. I recommend Stradbroke Island. The sunshine coast is lovely too, the hinterland as well as the beaches.