The removal men: Pickfords today Channel 5, 20:00

hevchick

The removal men: Pickfords is on Channel 5 today (6th July 2011) at 20:00

Not sure if anyone else has posted about this but I thought this might be of interest to anyone else who like us is trying to work out which removal company to entrust with shipping all our treasured possessions over the other side of the world! Not too sure what kind of a light it's going to portray Pickfords but as we've never used a removal company (always a Luton and our own muscle power) it'll be of interest to us. :wink:

Guest guest37336
The removal men: Pickfords is on Channel 5 today (6th July 2011) at 20:00

Not sure if anyone else has posted about this but I thought this might be of interest to anyone else who like me is trying to work out which removal company to entrust with shipping all our treasured possessions over the other side of the world! Not too sure what kind of a light it's going to portray Pickfords but as we've never used a removal company (always a Luton van and our own muscle power) it'll be of interest to us. :wink:

Hi Hevchick.

Should be worth a look, BUT.

Be careful not to try and take too much notice of some of the things that 'may' be shown. I was a removal 'operative' :biglaugh: for several years and by god if a camera crew had been following us about the programme would have been on 'Calamity' TV, with a warning that it 'may' contain, 'Nuts'.

We did have some mishaps, (very rarely) and the vast majority of the time we took great pride in our work and had many satisfied customers.

As you say, not sure about the 'light' they will be shown in, ad I hope that whilst a few mishaps may be shown I hope in equal measure that they show the hard work, dedication and pride that are integral in this business.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Hi Tony,

Don't worry, I know how directors & producers like to edit things to suit them. I hope that it shows their dedication and hardwork as well, but as it's on five I'm doubtful so I'll take the programme with a pinch of salt :wink: . The man that came round from Pickfords the other day was very nice and professional so they are already in my good books.

Hev

Guest Chris n Lou

Aaah thanks for the post.

Coincidentally, we were supposed to have Pickfords pop around to ours today to give us a quote. The fella phoned and ended up running through a few things on the phone with my wife, and she felt a couple of those things contradicted what we have been told elsewhere, so hopefully this programme will give a heads up as to how tidy they are.

Cheers,

Chris

Guest welshspark

I hope the program shows they are good because we have booked with them and they took our things last week to put in to storage before it is shipped lol:laugh:

I hope the program shows they are good because we have booked with them and they took our things last week to put in to storage before it is shipped lol:laugh:

Hi Welshspark,

I'm sure your possesions will be fine. I'm going to bear in mind when watching it that it is a TV programme and we all know how sometimes these programmes like to portray people in a bad light just from through the editing and voice over. I should think Pickfords are just as good as any of the other removal companies - chap came to give me a quote the other day and I thought he was very nice and professional :biggrin: so I'll watch but taking it all with a pinch of salt.