register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Cadas

taking car interstate

hi,

I´ve been searching the NSW websites and I´m still non the wiser.

What´s involved in buying a car in Adelaide (SA) and reregistering it in Sydney?

I´m in Adelaide now and moving to NSW next week, I´ve got loads of stuff to take with me and I´ve been offered a really nice car here and..... etc....

thanks

ACT SS Application 30/7/10, ACT SS Approved 31/8/10, application lodged 29/11/10, CO appointed 27/1/11, Med & PCC Req 11/2/11, Meds finalised 6/3/11, PCC´s submitted 7/3/11, Wifes Meds finalized 29/3/11...VISA GRANTED 7/4/11

Guest siamsusie

Hi Cadas,

Good luck with moving states.

I cant answer your SA to NSW question so therefore bumping it up.

I know when we took our cars from WA to Tasmania, it involved going over the pits for worthiness and re rego.

Good luck

Susie x

Hi

We bought a car in Adelaide and drove it back to QLD. We then returned the number plates to the Dept of Transport and the rego sticker back to the last owner (sending the sticker was part of the purchase deal).

To re register here ,like Susie, we had to take the car to an 'MOT ' type station and have it inspected over the pits. It was all pretty straight forward to do .

Cal x

p.s,, don't forget to add the transfer duty costs onto the purchase price to make sure it is as good a deal as it sounds.

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...