RobDav

ACPO - UK Police certificate length of validity?

Hi All,

I applied for an ACPO Police Certificate for a 457 visa application. The certificate expired 29th March 2010. We're now on our second 457, living in Oz, and looking to apply for PR. I seem to remember the certificates are only valid for 12 months from the date of issue but I'm not sure where I read that.

Does anyone know how long they are valid for? More importantly, is there an easy way to renew one or do you have to go through the process from scratch?

We have been living in Australia for just over 12 months now. If you have to start from scratch, how do you go about getting a new certificate/renewing one from Oz if you can't prove UK address for the last six months or do we not need one if we've been living in Oz for the last year and are now applying for PR?

Many thanks,

Rob

They are only valid for 12 months. Mores the pity as I've done 3 in the last 2yrs!

Not sure about proving a UK address, I thought you just had to prove an address! http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPolicing/ACROCriminalRecordsOffice/PoliceCertificates.aspx

05/09/09 Mailed my 309/100 app 17/09/09 CO 05/10/09 Meds 08/10/09 PCC 09/10/09 Xray, 18/12/09 Extra Medical report recieved by CO 14/01/10 Hep B test, 09/02/10 New CO aggh 18/02/10 309, Baby visa needed now for our move in Sept 2011