major issue

Guest UFO

According to my agent, if you have a sponsor from a state and not on the SMP, but you are on the SOL.

Your application is dead, as there is not cat for your application as of yet.

He said the sponsored on with a occ on the new sol :shocked:of the new cat 4 is family not state

Anybody if this is correct?

Guest pippa1

Sounds like you have got a quality agent!!!!

If you are on the new SOL, you are on SOL surely (Cat 4) ....but hey I'm not an agent just my opinion

According to my agent, if you have a sponsor from a state and not on the SMP, but you are on the SOL.

He said the sponsored on with a occ on the new sol :shocked:of the new cat 4 is family not state

I have a question here by explaining my own case....

I have sponsored by WA as Counsellor (nec) by last June 2010 and my occupation wasnt on WA SMP...

But it was on DIAC's SOL (Schedule 3) as Psychotherapist and even on the updated SOL this year!! does it mean i am Cat 4 as per your agent's view? I am confused..... :confused:

Somebody pls explain? :dull:

As per New processing groups i belong to Priority 4 (shifted from 3 to 4 from this 1 July 2011)

I was thinking about the old order and was writing that :wink:

As per UFO's agent view, how can the application becomes dead if your occupation hasnt on the state SMP, if you luckily got it on SOL (schedule 1) !!

Hope its not :notworthy:

He said the sponsored on with a occ on the new sol of the new cat 4 is family not state

It is difficult to answer your question as it depends which SOL you are referring to, as there are a few.

If your occupation is on the latest Schedule 1 SOL, but not SMP you are priority 4.

If your occupation is not on the latest Schedule 1 SOL and not SMP you are priority 5, irrelevant if you are independent or family sponsored.

Even if you are priority 5, your application is not “dead” but will only be assessed once all priority 1-4 applications are finalised.

Due to the expected reduction in application due to the new points test, we may even see progress in this program year for low priority applications.