Second Stage Partner Visa

_shel

My MIL tells me DIAC have sent the documents to her house for the second stage of my visa. I'm not there yet, still in the UK for 53 days & they've given me 60 days to get it all back to them! Oh what fun looking after a baby, organizing a move across the world & now doing the application too!

Also not too impressed I have to provide yet more police check from Aus & the UK for us both. We've both only just done police checks for our sons visa! And I've never lived in Aus yet so why an Aus check? Do they send out standard info or is is personalised?

Might we get out of the police checks because the others are still valid for about 8 months?

Guest siamsusie

Shel, if your police checks remain alive (within the 12 month time line) that should have been sufficient I would have thought.

An Australian PC is only required if you have lived in Australia for 12 months or more.

Goodness there is some money to be made in this PC business!:mad:

Susie x

Tell me about it! I've done one for a tourist visa, 1 for my spouse visa, 1 for my sons. Hubby has done 1 for his citizenship & one for sons visa and now they want more! And I wouldnt mind we both have a recent CRBs but thats not good enough grrrrr