n111kkx

Ettalong beach, nsw - what's it like

My sister is currently in manly, nsw and looking at a possible moveto EFTA ing beach -.property seems cheap - anyone know what it is like for families/schools

SS Vic recieved after appeal 8/10/2009, 176 Visa application 9/10/09, OH Electrician, Nov 2010 moved to Cat 2, 9th Nov Case Officer, extra information requested, medicals 18th Jan, medicals finalised now just the police checks!!! We got our visa !!! Yey soooo happy

My sister is currently in manly, nsw and looking at a possible moveto EFTA ing beach -.property seems cheap - anyone know what it is like for families/schools

Personal tastes vary but in my opinion Ettalong is not somewhere I would want to live she would be better moving slightly further up say terrigal/ avoca way... Ettalong is where we head to when catching a ferry to Palm Beach but other than that nope not a place I would settle... but as I said everyone has different tastes.. Hope everything goes well whatever she decides...

All the best,

Nikci

176 (family) visa lodged - 7/3/08 CO assigned - 18 Nov 08 VISA GRANTED - 29 Jan 09... arrived 7 June 09

I agree with Previous Post. But, I have a friend who lives there and loves it. The beach is pretty. I find it a bit scruffy

Thank u - should I presume that umina beach is the same?

SS Vic recieved after appeal 8/10/2009, 176 Visa application 9/10/09, OH Electrician, Nov 2010 moved to Cat 2, 9th Nov Case Officer, extra information requested, medicals 18th Jan, medicals finalised now just the police checks!!! We got our visa !!! Yey soooo happy

Thank u - should I presume that umina beach is the same?

Lol... in my opinion yes but again each to their own I say.. for me it is a wee bit far from the beautiful beaches of Terrigal and Erina and there is no train station at Umina... hope this helps..

All the best

Nik

PS: Feel free to PM anytime

176 (family) visa lodged - 7/3/08 CO assigned - 18 Nov 08 VISA GRANTED - 29 Jan 09... arrived 7 June 09

Lol... in my opinion yes but again each to their own I say.. for me it is a wee bit far from the beautiful beaches of Terrigal and Erina and there is no train station at Umina... hope this helps..

All the best

Nik

PS: Feel free to PM anytime

I'm sorry I had to respond to this post. Opinion is opinion, that's fine but do you actually even live on the Central Coast, you couldn't possibly with that post.

If you think Umina/Ettalong looks scrubby then that's fine (though I don't agree, there are certain streets I would avoid but definitely not the whole suburbs). Aside from that anyway, both Umina and Ettalong beaches themselves are absolutely beautiful even if you do think the suburbs behind them are ordinary. Why do you think people on the Peninsula or other areas not near Terrigal on the Central Coast would travel to Terrigal for the beach? Maybe nightlife, but the beach?

Terrigal is in my opinion far from being the nicest beach on the Central Coast. Killcare/Avoca/McMasters are far nicer. I also think Ettalong/Umina beaches are far better for kids with the smaller waves and no rip due to being in a protected area. The area is also very close to Pearl Beach which is the most expensive and exclusive suburb on the Central Coast if status is important.

Secondly, there is no beach at Erina, it is a busy area centred on industry and a large shopping centre, so I don't know where you got that Erina has glorious beaches from.

Thirdly, there is no train station at Ettalong, Umina, Terrigal or Erina, so I don't know why you would bring that up about Umina to show as an advantage for Terrigal/Erina. Woy Woy is also, the closest main station on the Central Coast to Sydney and Umina is a stones throw away from Woy Woy. Without a doubt if you commute to Sydney the Woy Woy Peninsula and suburbs close by like Koolewong, Tascott and Point Clare are by far the most convenient.

I should say I am not even from Umina/Ettalong but just cant stand when incorrect information is given to people on the lookout for help.

I'm sorry I had to respond to this post. Opinion is opinion, that's fine but do you actually even live on the Central Coast, you couldn't possibly with that post.

If you think Umina/Ettalong looks scrubby then that's fine (though I don't agree, there are certain streets I would avoid but definitely not the whole suburbs). Aside from that anyway, both Umina and Ettalong beaches themselves are absolutely beautiful even if you do think the suburbs behind them are ordinary. Why do you think people on the Peninsula or other areas not near Terrigal on the Central Coast would travel to Terrigal for the beach? Maybe nightlife, but the beach?

Terrigal is in my opinion far from being the nicest beach on the Central Coast. Killcare/Avoca/McMasters are far nicer. I also think Ettalong/Umina beaches are far better for kids with the smaller waves and no rip due to being in a protected area. The area is also very close to Pearl Beach which is the most expensive and exclusive suburb on the Central Coast if status is important.

Secondly, there is no beach at Erina, it is a busy area centred on industry and a large shopping centre, so I don't know where you got that Erina has glorious beaches from.

Thirdly, there is no train station at Ettalong, Umina, Terrigal or Erina, so I don't know why you would bring that up about Umina to show as an advantage for Terrigal/Erina. Woy Woy is also, the closest main station on the Central Coast to Sydney and Umina is a stones throw away from Woy Woy. Without a doubt if you commute to Sydney the Woy Woy Peninsula and suburbs close by like Koolewong, Tascott and Point Clare are by far the most convenient.

I should say I am not even from Umina/Ettalong but just cant stand when incorrect information is given to people on the lookout for help.

Sorry if you were offended by my post and like you said we all have our own opinion. I do live on the Central Coast but as I said if you are unhappy with what I have said that was not my intention I am always happy to help people albeit you feel I have some how misled the original poster. Maybe you could have taken a kinder tone when responding but maybe I am being a little sensitive... sorry...

I wish you all the best

Nicola

Sorry if you were offended by my post and like you said we all have our own opinion. I do live on the Central Coast but as I said if you are unhappy with what I have said that was not my intention I am always happy to help people albeit you feel I have some how misled the original poster. Maybe you could have taken a kinder tone when responding but maybe I am being a little sensitive... sorry...

I wish you all the best

Nicola

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I do apologise if it came across that way. At the end of the day opinion about a suburb is opinion. One mans trash is another ones treasure etc.

The only thing I really was meaning to reply with was in regards to the Peninsula beaches themselves and the public transport in the area. There are definitely as I said streets I would not live on in Ettalong and Umina, however there are also streets with beautiful modern houses in the area as well with very rich people in them (Particularly near the waterfronts). The Peninsula area also has quite good public transport from what I've seen with frequent buses and Woy Woy station.

The area definitely has a rougher feel to it than Terrigal/Avoca etc. That's what happens when the suburb has some cheap rentals available, and housing commission in Woy Woy. Many people do say the area is getting better slowly with the Rejuvenation of Umina town centre and many people moving to Ettalong/Umina from Sydney due to the commuting distance, however there is no denying it that Terrigal and Avoca etc are flashier, I'm just saying the beaches themselves in Umina and Ettalong are really quite pretty. I think many locals on the Peninsula would be happy to use those beaches and wouldn't need to travel to Terrigal etc.

I really do apologise though if any offence came across. I just meant to say that even though there are negatives there are definitely some positives in Umina/Ettalong too.