Well it's just about hot or cold isn't it?

whichway

So I was talking to my parents in law (who I dislike intensely) about the possibilities of returning to the UK, specifically Scotland, where I am from.

Anyway I told them all about the things I miss and what I don't have here

In the UK I have friends, family, fun, laughter, culture I like, snow, beautiful seasons etc etc

In Australia I have a house, one friend (which has made a huge difference), a job and antidepressants (didn't mention the latter)

I also have a daughter and a husband but they will be with me wherever I am.

I spent a while explaining what Scotland is like and what I pine for and then he says

"well it's just whether you like the heat or the cold then isn't it?"

NO IT'S NOT! DID YOU HEAR NOTHING I WAS SAYING? THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO LIFE!!!

The man has only been In Oz and NZ has never travelled anywhere else and clearly has no idea what I am talking about. Aaaagh:arghh: so frustrating

Just getting that off my chest, there is probably no real point to my story.

Guest Guest31881

It just goes to prove the old saying.

Never put things down to malice when you can blame ignorance:wink:

You will never convince a closed mind, You have to do what is best for you and your family, :biggrin:

Guest The Pom Queen

I think you really have to ignore what other people think and do what the best is for you and YOUR family.

Guest tino

Is it possible that he was saying it in jest??

As in, you've got good/bad things for both, so it comes down to the weather?

Is it possible that he was saying it in jest??

As in, you've got good/bad things for both, so it comes down to the weather?

not possible he has no sense of humour

well I suppose eveyone has some sense of humour so his is a small one

When I re read the post I can see why you would think that though, the way it's written

he is one of those people who doesn't understand anything except his own logic and he certainly doesn't listen or care about others' opinions and certainly cannot understand why you would chose to live in a cold place where you are happy when you can be sad but who cares cos you are warm

So I was talking to my parents in law (who I dislike intensely) about the possibilities of returning to the UK, specifically Scotland, where I am from.

Anyway I told them all about the things I miss and what I don't have here

In the UK I have friends, family, fun, laughter, culture I like, snow, beautiful seasons etc etc

In Australia I have a house, one friend (which has made a huge difference), a job and antidepressants (didn't mention the latter)

I also have a daughter and a husband but they will be with me wherever I am.

I spent a while explaining what Scotland is like and what I pine for and then he says

"well it's just whether you like the heat or the cold then isn't it?"

NO IT'S NOT! DID YOU HEAR NOTHING I WAS SAYING? THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO LIFE!!!

The man has only been In Oz and NZ has never travelled anywhere else and clearly has no idea what I am talking about. Aaaagh:arghh: so frustrating

Just getting that off my chest, there is probably no real point to my story.

You've got to love an armchair philospher!! It's always the people who have never moved more than 10 miles from where they were born that say 'don't come back to the UK' :wink:

Im really sorry to hear that you arent happy, must be awful to have a parent in law like that. you have to do whatever is best for you and your family :hug:

Scotland will be happy to have you back lol :biggrin: although i like to have a old moan about scotland i worry that i would miss the beautiful seasons and snow