Is there work for Healthcare assistants??

Guest safety sam

Guest safety sam

All I seem to see is work for nurses whic are in high demand...

Do you get healthcare assistants over there aswell??

Basically my girlfriend is a healthcare assistant and a very good one at that, many people who have worked with her have said she is wasted at what she does and should be a nurse which is exactly what she wants to do but unfortunately we would like to come out to Oz on a working year in about 12 months not 3 years times once the course is finished.

She has been doing it for 2 years and it will be just shy of 3 years by the time we come.... Will it be hard for her getting work In this sort of work without the qualifications and just the experience and references?? The only certs I know she has is from training days for lifting etc etc

Please PM me for my email address

Guest midanib

There is work but not always in health there are support work roles in the community in not for profit organisations I have found. I have seen some gov health jobs advertised under the name ' nurses aide' and support worker. I have been looking in Perth area so not sure about others. I am sure she would find work but you are right they don't seem to have as much unregistered nurses in oz as uk.

They do have health workers in the aged care sector but as for everything in Australia you need to have certificates and have taken a course.

You need a certificate for every job here and there are courses for everything.

Working in a bar, restaurant you name it you need to have done the course.

Have a look into health care worker and you may get more information on what qualifications are required.

Guest safety sam
They do have health workers in the aged care sector but as for everything in Australia you need to have certificates and have taken a course.

You need a certificate for every job here and there are courses for everything.

Working in a bar, restaurant you name it you need to have done the course.

Have a look into health care worker and you may get more information on what qualifications are required.

But being out on a working visa would we be able to do courses??? I mean i know you cant do a nurse course in the click of a finger but something like a bar resturant course surely isnt like a year at college, its not that hard to pour a pint a nd count money?!? :confused:

The courses are not long but they do cost money and I guess it depends which State you are going to how much.

Here in Victoria TAFE colleges conduct these courses. There are different levels for care providers, also different levels in hospitality.

If you have a look at the TAFE in the State you are heading for then you can get a better idea of what your oh would like to do, how much it will cost and how long the course is.

Good luck.