Sign in to follow this  
Guest soopheh

Australian Passport Application-travelling after passport

Guest soopheh

Hi guys, just a quick one (sorry if this is in the wrong place!),

My partner is applying for his First Australian Passport this week. Just looking at the form and it asks whether he is intending to travel over the next 2 months, and the dates. Just wondering why they ask this? We ARE planning on going to the UK at some point after he's got his passport.... not sure on the dates, probably will be within the next 2 months though. Does he just tick 'no' because we don't know for sure, and def. don't know the dates yet? Will we have any issues travelling once he's said he isn't going to? Or do we tick 'yes' and just make up the dates/leave the dates blank?

Does it make a difference? Can't be to speed up their processing, as the options are standard (10 working days processing) or priority (2 working days). Any suggestions?

Thanks! Sophie.

Guest siamsusie
Hi guys, just a quick one (sorry if this is in the wrong place!),

My partner is applying for his First Australian Passport this week. Just looking at the form and it asks whether he is intending to travel over the next 2 months, and the dates. Just wondering why they ask this? We ARE planning on going to the UK at some point after he's got his passport.... not sure on the dates, probably will be within the next 2 months though. Does he just tick 'no' because we don't know for sure, and def. don't know the dates yet? Will we have any issues travelling once he's said he isn't going to? Or do we tick 'yes' and just make up the dates/leave the dates blank?

Does it make a difference? Can't be to speed up their processing, as the options are standard (10 working days processing) or priority (2 working days). Any suggestions?

Thanks! Sophie.

Hi Sophie,

One of our sons had his first Australian passport the other day in Perth.

He was made to attend an interview with his application form. Maybe they are just allowing for adequate time prior to your date of pending travel.

All in all the processing time was a month. If you say "yes" it could well be processed quicker.

Susie x

Guest soopheh

Hi Susie, thanks for your quick reply.

I was thinking something along those lines.. However the Aus passport site says they are 'committed to mailing out passports within 10 working days of receiving all information we require'. We are filling out his form today, and we already have his interview booked for Wednesday at the post office. (Am I right in thinking that's all he needs to do? Go to the interview with his application etc, and they send it off for him?)

So the 10 working days thing means he should have his passport within a couple weeks, surely?

Anyway, ifhe is putting 'yes', do you suggest he leaves the dates blank or just estimate roughly when we'll be heading t the UK? :) Thansks again!

Guest siamsusie
Hi Susie, thanks for your quick reply.

I was thinking something along those lines.. However the Aus passport site says they are 'committed to mailing out passports within 10 working days of receiving all information we require'. We are filling out his form today, and we already have his interview booked for Wednesday at the post office. (Am I right in thinking that's all he needs to do? Go to the interview with his application etc, and they send it off for him?)

So the 10 working days thing means he should have his passport within a couple weeks, surely?

Anyway, ifhe is putting 'yes', do you suggest he leaves the dates blank or just estimate roughly when we'll be heading t the UK? :) Thansks again!

Yes Sophie, it took our lad a month from the moment he made the appt until receiving the passport. So yes 10-14 days he received his passport after appt.

They then send it off for your OH yes.

Enjoy your holiday.

Susie x

NB Roughly estimate your departure dates Sophie x