StokieDoug

Definition of Closely Related Occupation

Hi all,

I have had my skills assessed by Engineers Australia under the Washington Accord as Electronic Engineer as that was what my degree was in.

My work experience however fits into the category of Telecommunications Engineer. Is this classed as a "closely related occupation" to Electronics Engineer as I need to claim some work experience points...

Anyone had any similar experience?

Thanks!

Guest siamsusie

Hi Stokiedoug,

Bumping your post for you.

Good luck

Susie x

Hi

Did you get any further with this? My oh has just received a positive skills assessment from EA and has been classified as an electronics engineer however the past 6 years of his work experience has been as an electrical engineer. It would be good if you could pass on any help you received.

Cheers.

Skills assess (CDR) 14/10/11, +ve 02/12/11, WA SS submitted 05/12/11, SS granted 06/12/11, 176 applied 08/12/11, WA confirmed to DIAC 09/12/11, CO 19/12/11, PCC uploaded 20/12/11, Meds finalised 22/12/11, Visa granted 22/12/11!!!!!!!!!, Flights booked 8th May 2012:biglaugh:

Hi all,

I have a doubt...

I have more than 8 years of "Total Experience". This include 6 years ( recent) of Industrial experience which come under "Electronics Engineer" plus two years of Teaching experience ( Teaching same Electronics Subjects in an Engineering College).

Now I am planning for skill assessment under "Electronics Engineer".

Can the "Teaching Electronics Subjects" skill is closely related to "Electronics Engineer".

Can some body here clarify me... how many years of my experience are considered for assigning me points.

(5 years = 10 points........8 years experience = 15 points)

Kindly clear my doubt.

Thanks in advance

savithru.

||CDR-Application@EA :: 13 March 12 || Positive :: 25 May 2012 || IELTS-2: April 21 : Overall 7 ( R7W6L7S7.5)|| IELTS-3 :: May19 || IELTS-4: May 26

Hi all,

I have a doubt...

I have more than 8 years of "Total Experience". This include 6 years ( recent) of Industrial experience which come under "Electronics Engineer" plus two years of Teaching experience ( Teaching same Electronics Subjects in an Engineering College).

Now I am planning for skill assessment under "Electronics Engineer".

Can the "Teaching Electronics Subjects" skill is closely related to "Electronics Engineer".

Can some body here clarify me... how many years of my experience are considered for assigning me points.

(5 years = 10 points........8 years experience = 15 points)

Kindly clear my doubt.

Thanks in advance

savithru.

Hi Savithru,

We seem to have similar situations about our experiences, i am a practicing electrical engineer, but i also have a teaching job.

May i ask if you submitted to Engineers Australia both your engineering and teaching skills experiences for assessment, or was it only your engineering skills?

Did you get a good assessment result?

I heard from some, that those with engineering and teaching jobs got poor assessment from Engineers Australia. And even they get favorable assessment from Engineers Australia, they eventually failed in Australia's Department of Immigration and Citizenship. Have you heard the same things also?

I hope we can exchange ideas. Ill also be happy if those in the forum could join us in this conversation. Thank you very much.

Welcome to the forum jepgomez.

Savithru hasn't been on the site for seven months, and this is a pretty old thread so I am going to lock it. If you would like to start a thread of your own hopefully there will be someone who has been through this more recently.

Has two beautiful Aussie little girls :-)