tonyman

Basil has died ....

whats the life span of Basil ......ive enjoyed having it in the herb garden as the smell is so lovely ,as is the corriander but its only stayed around for a matter of weeks ,is this normal , does it come back...? as there is no seed unlike corriander......

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

god when i fist saw the title of this thread , " basil dies " i thought you meant basil brush , nearly had a heart attack , all good now though its just that you havnt got green fingers , pheww !!!

Guest guest48800

I'm not remotely green fingered and am notorious for killing plants off (gardening is the OH's department! :biggrin:), but I know basil is a tricky herb to keep. I've had 3 plants at various intervals over the last 5 years kept up on my kitchen windowsill and they've all died an early death! I think it's something to do with the amount of water they get, i.e. they don't like being really wet. The one I tried outdoors went the same way too. Now sage, that's easy...I've not managed to kill that yet!

We grow it, when it dies off we take it out and wait till spring and replant new seedlings. Depends where you live, if its warm you could grow it all year round.

Its tricky from seeds though.

One of my cats loves the basil patch, and goes and lies amongst it.

Must add we grow it in the garden bed, not in a pot, pot never seems as successful.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink: