Sign in to follow this  
Guest wlsaj

family contributory visa

Guest wlsaj

Hi,

I m australian citizen, i have a brother and 2 sisters in burma which i like to sponsor them through family contributory visa. not sure if possible to sponsor them all at once. or is there any other options???

plz adivce me.

thanks in advance.

wlsaj

Unless there's some brand new type of visa that I'm not aware of that hasn't been mentioned on PIO except as a possibility for the future and which isn't listed anywhere in the DIAC website, there is no such thing as a Family contributory visa. As I understand the current range of possible visas, there isn't one that would allow you to sponsor any of your siblings.

Are you maybe thinking of the Contributory Parent Visa? This allows you to sponsor your parents to come to Australia, assuming that they meet the balance of family test, which means they need to have more children in Australia than anywhere else, which doesn't seem to be the case.

I understand also that under the new regulations from 1st July it is only possible to sponsor a family member now for a temporary regional visa. and then they would need to have an occupation on one of the lists. Maybe use the visa wizard on DIAC.