Sydney: Int to Dom transfers

Guest VickyMel

Guest VickyMel

Hi Guys

The removal men have been - we are now jobless and homeless - traveling a little before we go!

Question relates to Sydney Airport Terminals. I was looking at the tickets and we have to switch between the International and Domestic Terminals at Sydney to get our connecting flight.

When I was checking the web site it looked as if I might have to book with Qantas to get on their transfer bus between the two terminals? Alternatively I see there are a number of other options to get between the terminals.

Any suggestions on the best way to do this - or n email address to book the transfer with Qantas??

Thanks all - won't be on as much for a while as we are operating through a bad mobile connection now.

Vicky

If you are connecting to a Qantas flight then you check your luggage in at the transfer desk in the international terminal (when you get out of the customs hall into the arrivals hall turn right and keep on going almost to the end of the terminal and you will see the transfer desk). Then you go through security onto the bus which will take you to the domestic terminal. If you are going with some other airline internally then I have no idea but I would assume that Virgin have a transfer desk as well, in fact their website says

Arriving off V Australia into Sydney with a domestic connection onto Virgin Australia:

Guests are required to collect their bags off the carousel and then clear Customs and Quarantine. Guests should then head to the Seamless Transfer Lounge, which is a left turn, immediately after clearing Quarantine and before entering the arrivals hall. If booked on a formal Codeshare Flight (one ticket for the entire journey) then guests can head to the check-in counters, where they can check in for their domestic flight. Guests will also receive a bus pass to get over to the domestic terminal. If not travelling on a single ticket journey, this transfer service option is available by paying $15 at the check-in counter.

If you are flying Tiger airlines then you are in for a shock because they have closed down for a few weeks.

If none of the above then you have a choice of taxi, T bus or the train - all of which will cost you but are very accessible

Guest VickyMel

Thanks Quoll that is great to know the directions - we will be using Qantas so hopefully all will work smoothly following your directions however tired we are at that point.

Much appreciated

Vicky

Have used the bus that stops outside the Virgi Blue checkin area afew times. Didn't actually have a through ticket, but just paid on the bus to the driver. (Flying on a staff standby ticket so couldn't check in there)