Sign in to follow this  
jgt

work and cost of living issues

Hi all, i need some help, i am going to perth on a 176 visa which of course means a 2 year obligated stay.However i am shocked by the cost of living and am considering going to another state, am i under strict obligation or is it just that i would be considered a bad sport,morally etc,

help appreciated jules

Voted worst newcomer. 2010, cheers x. Visa Application 3/2 /12. Granted 20/5/2012. Builder Now in Perth

Moral obligation mate,its up to you i suppose,good luck anyway

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Hi all, i need some help, i am going to perth on a 176 visa which of course means a 2 year obligated stay.However i am shocked by the cost of living and am considering going to another state, am i under strict obligation or is it just that i would be considered a bad sport,morally etc,

help appreciated jules

Cost of living? As opposed to where? Life is tough wherever my friend. Opportunity - cost, basic economics. Some things cheaper, somethings more, all balances out in the end. We are using freecycle and gumtree and second hand shops once we get there and we are going on under $70 wages.....beg and borrow, it can be made to work. one place we have friends is Sydney and it looks uber expensivio to me.....so going QLD.....

good luck

:chatterbox:

Arrived 10th August....loving it

Sometimes you make the right decision, sometimes you make the decision right ~Dr Phil

help appreciated jules

Didn't you have to look into this as part of your state sponsorship application....?

Anyway the cost of living is not significantly higher in WA than the other states. In fact NSW (within commuting of Sydney) would be far more expensive and Victoria (within Melbourne commuting distance) would be not far behind.

i'm so disgusted with people like you.

you should have done your research first and then apply and commit to the state.

Visa 885 applied on 29th Dec 2009, 2231-79 nec, CAT 4, Reassessed as 261312 (Developer Programmer) on Mar 2011, CO allocated on 6 Apr 2011. GRANTED on 8 Apr 2011!!