leemina

Bought bicycle to ship, what will it cost me?

Hi

We've just bought our teenager a new bike to ship with us, as his old one is way too small. It cost us £139, we've filled in the form for the shippers that state what are under 12 months old items. Just wanted to know what we might get charged for this bicycle, anyone been charged for items that are under 12 months old??

Thanks

Guest michaelgela

bought a bicycle that i want to ship and Quickfords quoted me £400 which i think is ridiculous. Looking for someone with space in their container so i can put my bike at a much lower cost!

we've already been quoted for our goods which included bicycles, i was more wondering about possible charges from customs.

Thanks

Guest siamsusie
Hi

We've just bought our teenager a new bike to ship with us, as his old one is way too small. It cost us £139, we've filled in the form for the shippers that state what are under 12 months old items. Just wanted to know what we might get charged for this bicycle, anyone been charged for items that are under 12 months old??

Thanks

Hi Leemina,

You wont get charged for this small amount. I purchased all sorts of audio equipment, it was under a 1000 bucks and it was fine.

Keep a copy of the receipt in your personal belongings, and give a copy to your shippers, but you shouldnt have any problems whatsoever.

Good luck

Susie

Guest siamsusie
bought a bicycle that i want to ship and Quickfords quoted me £400 which i think is ridiculous. Looking for someone with space in their container so i can put my bike at a much lower cost!

Hi Michaelgela,

You might like to try Seven Seas http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/homepage/default.aspx. I know they used to ship bikes...

It might mean dismantling the pedals, but they normally come in at a very good price.

Good luck

Susie