Wrong IELTs Result - Has anyone gotten in this situation?

Ezy Going

Hi All,

I got sponsorship from SA in Nov 2010 and my case is currently with DIAC under security checking. I received a strange email from immigration SA today regarding a discrepancy in my IELTs test results. Below is the text from email:

I refer to the Sponsorship approval on 11/2/2010 from South Australia provided to you during this Program Year (1 July 2010 to 30 June 2011).

Certain discrepancies about your IELTS test result, in support of your application registered on 10/28/2010, have since come to our attention. The results indicated in the hard copy test result you submitted as part of your Sponsorship Application are different from the results in the IELTS On-Line Verification System to which Immigration SA has access. We have confirmation from IELTS that the data in the On-Line Verification System is up to date and 100% accurate.

Please provide the following information by 5pm* Friday 15 July 2011 (Adelaide local time*) to permit us to recheck that you provided the correct IELTS test details. Email to gsm.sa@sa.gov.au

Required information

Provide information here:

1. The Test Report Form (TRF) number

2. The Candidate number

3. Centre Number

4. Date of Test

Do not provide the test scores as the information above will enable Immigration SA to verify your results.

If we do not receive this information before 5pm* Friday 15 July; or if the test result you provide does not meet the IELTS score for your Nominated occupation, Immigration SA will advise the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) to revoke your South Australian Sponsorship. You will be notified of this decision in writing via email.

DIAC will advise you of the implications of your sponsorship revocation.

Test results older than two years at the time of the Sponsorship application are not accepted.

Please note DIAC may apply the fraud PIC to your applications lodged with DIAC.

We look forward to receiving this advice from you by 5pm* Friday 15 July 2011.

Now this is very strange for me because I provided them a sealed TRF from British Council Pakistan (British Council Conducts IELTs test in Pakistan). It seems that there is a either a real discrepancy in the TRF that was sent to me & to SA & the online system or someone in SA punched in wrong credentials while checking my IELTs test via their online system.

What should I do in this situation? Luckily I had given 2 IELTs tests, one GT & another Academic. I used the the results of Academic since it was newer however both were valid at the time of application to SA & both are valid to date. I have got the minimum 6 score in both the IELTs (that was the minimum criteria for obtaining SA sponsorship for my profession at that time). But I am still confused, that what should be my response to SA?

Guest midanib
Hi All,

I got sponsorship from SA in Nov 2010 and my case is currently with DIAC under security checking. I received a strange email from immigration SA today regarding a discrepancy in my IELTs test results. Below is the text from email:

Now this is very strange for me because I provided them a sealed TRF from British Council Pakistan (British Council Conducts IELTs test in Pakistan). It seems that there is a either a real discrepancy in the TRF that was sent to me & to SA & the online system or someone in SA punched in wrong credentials while checking my IELTs test via their online system.

What should I do in this situation? Luckily I had given 2 IELTs tests, one GT & another Academic. I used the the results of Academic since it was newer however both were valid at the time of application to SA & both are valid to date. I have got the minimum 6 score in both the IELTs (that was the minimum criteria for obtaining SA sponsorship for my profession at that time). But I am still confused, that what should be my response to SA?

I wouls seek advice from your testing centre highlighting the issue that SA have stated. Put the onus on the testing centre to rectify the mistake. My OH happened to notice that my D.O.B is incorrect on my form despite them being given my passpoet etc so I am not surprised somewhere the testing vcentre may have made a mistake. As an aside, the nursing boday AHPA, skills assessment anmac and state sponsership WA have not noticed! Guarenteed they will now. Good luck in sorting it

I wouls seek advice from your testing centre highlighting the issue that SA have stated. Put the onus on the testing centre to rectify the mistake. My OH happened to notice that my D.O.B is incorrect on my form despite them being given my passpoet etc so I am not surprised somewhere the testing vcentre may have made a mistake. As an aside, the nursing boday AHPA, skills assessment anmac and state sponsership WA have not noticed! Guarenteed they will now. Good luck in sorting it

Thanks for the wish midanib. I have already contacted my testing centre and I will contact SA also next week. This is the email I am going to send immigration SA:

Respected Sir,

In response to the below email regarding my Immigration SA Sponsorship Reference Number: XXXXX, please find below my response.

I appeared in two IELTs tests one General Training (GT) and another Academic. Both tests were valid at the time of my application to SA (both are still valid to date). I have more than required score in both the IELTs tests. However I only used the latest IELTs for my Immigration SA Sponsorship. I am adding the details of both the tests below just for your information & clarification of any doubts. However a discrepancy in the online result & the TRF result is a surprise for me also, so I have also contacted British Council Pakistan (which conducts the IELTs test in Pakistan) and am waiting for their response on this matter.

Required information

IELTs Academic

Required information

XXXXXXXXXXXX

2. The Candidate number

XXXX

3. Centre Number

XXXX

4. Date of Test

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

IELTs GT

Required information

XXXXXXXXXXXX

2. The Candidate number

XXXX

3. Centre Number

XXXX

4. Date of Test

XXXXXXXXXX

I understand that Immigration SA has access to the IELTs-online test verification system but I am also attaching the scanned copies of both the IELTs TRFs just for your reference.

Kindly please do keep me updated once you have verified the IELTs scores (either one of the IELTs score provided above). I will be anxiously waiting for your reply and am worried since I am already a victim of delayed immigration process (being nominated by SA in Nov 2010 I am still waiting for my Via grant).

I will send this email to Immigration SA next week and will wait for British Council (IELTs testing center) for their response 1st.

But I am worried :confused:

Guest midanib

You can't argue with your letter. It clearly and correctly gives them all the facts and I am sure it will be rectified and no need to worry. Easy for me to say keep the thread up to date with how you get on! Good luck

You can't argue with your letter. It clearly and correctly gives them all the facts and I am sure it will be rectified and no need to worry. Easy for me to say keep the thread up to date with how you get on! Good luck

Well I contacted British Council & their reply is that if Immigration SA has any issue with the results in the TRF then they should contact IELTS.verification@britishcouncil.org for its verification.

So now I will tell SA about my complete situation stating that I appeared in 2 IELTs Tests & also with the reply I got from British Council. Lets see what happens :goofy: