New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Karin says: The allocation of Skilled- Designated Area Sponsored – subclass 496 applications has ceased for the remainder of this program year. This is because of the limited number of visa places available for this visa category. While it is likely that processing will recommence in the next program year, the number of visas processed in this category will depend on the size and composition of the migration program, as well as the number of applications received in higher priority groups

Now it 's absolutely clear that they will not process us.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

I know that there is a lot of tension and uncertainty in the air. The new Australian Federal Budget will be revealed at 7.30pmAEST on 8th May. The new budget will reveal the migration program for 2012/2013. So in order words we will get a bigger picture of what will happen next week. I have always said that if DIMIA had no intention of clearing the Cat 5 backlog they would not have started allocating COs to Cat 5 at all. Since the beginning of this year they have processed pretty much all of Cat 5 onshore 2008 applicants. Given that there were only 4100 Australian sponsored places they have flown through a lot of months. There were many Australian sponsored visa applicants in Cat 4. From July onwards there won't be any Australian Sponsored applicants unless they want to undertake the regional pathway. So if they allocate 4100 places for next financial year, many Cat 5 applicants will be given COs :biggrin:

Hope they will start processing 175 and 496 after

May probably or in July.

They will most probably start processing in July but subject to their being an adequate quota given by the minister in next years program. If the space is less and applicants in higher categories more we might not be processed.

Guest guest38808

bajwaji try to understand basic english what DIAC announced.dont panic

and discourage others please.if u have negative concerns please limit it urself.

how come u are absolutely clear that they are not going to process.

do u have copy of budget or something from gsm boss.

please share.

thanx.:notworthy::arghh:

I can't understand how clear can DIAC make this thing that this program year has approached quota and they will re-commence processing next year. VB - Have you even read the quote yourself before posting it out there ??

There is nothing to be panic. DIAC is very clear in their numbers. Only less than 2000 applicants in category 4 to be processed. Around 15000 cat 5 to be processed. Everyyear DIAC processes not less than 130000 applicants. So they will definetely run ot of applicants in the forthcoming year 2012-2013. They do not have choices they will definetely process the remaining Cat 5. 2012-2013 year is ours Do not loose hopes.

Very True. Keep faith and dont loose hope

There is nothing to be panic. DIAC is very clear in their numbers. Only less than 2000 applicants in category 4 to be processed. Around 15000 cat 5 to be processed. Everyyear DIAC processes not less than 130000 applicants. So they will definetely run ot of applicants in the forthcoming year 2012-2013. They do not have choices they will definetely process the remaining Cat 5. 2012-2013 year is ours Do not loose hopes.

Guest leoj76
Once more a bad news for us..

by one of DIAC's representative on http://migrationblog.immi.gov.au/201...s/#comment-515

I can understand ur frustration Mr bhajwa...... but i think we should keep some faith still, there was no place for u this year because they was not taking cat 5 applicant..... but next finacial year "they say" The allocation of Priority Group 5 applications lodged outside Australia is expected to continue in general date of lodgement order throughout the 2012-13 Migration Program year in line with available Migration Program places in the specific GSM visa categories.

If they do what they say..... we can get it next financial year...

sorry if it hurt somehow other people here... but even diac say that!!!! we canot trust it... its have been 4 years since i heard such things.. later later later..... even now Im very spetical about diac publication, and about diac doing,

the thing make me happy is to know that diac have not been abble to fill his quota in category 1 &3 this is the proof that having ur job on the new sol list and have a state sponsorship to apply for australia migration is not working.... they got it wrong!!!!! it will be very desapointing for diac on the next financial year... i want to know what will the stragedy do fill the quota...

its not a good thing to so choosy!!!! australia is looking only for "la crême de la crême" of migrant now, those who have apply as "none famous" jobs....im not sure about a futur in the kangorous land for us!!!

I think we have to show some respect to VB, he has waited far too long. He has had a CO, then the rules changed,and many years later he is still waiting. I have never seen DIAC process so quickly as they have been recently, I think this is due to not hitting tagets and therefore the boss has told them to process CAT5 until the quota's are met. What happens in July when the rules change again, who knows? All members who have got CO's but no grant by then, may suffer a similar fate to VB, then how long are you prepared to have patience! I have been waiting since 2008, and I have seen DIAC change the game many times. I understand his frustrations, having faith is hard when the rules change so often, and the wait is indefinate.

I really hope they continue to process all us CAT5, and I like to think having faith will pay off! Good luck everyone!

I think we have to show some respect to VB, he has waited far too long. He has had a CO, then the rules changed,and many years later he is still waiting. I have never seen DIAC process so quickly as they have been recently, I think this is due to not hitting tagets and therefore the boss has told them to process CAT5 until the quota's are met. What happens in July when the rules change again, who knows? All members who have got CO's but no grant by then, may suffer a similar fate to VB, then how long are you prepared to have patience! I have been waiting since 2008, and I have seen DIAC change the game many times. I understand his frustrations, having faith is hard when the rules change so often, and the wait is indefinate.

I really hope they continue to process all us CAT5, and I like to think having faith will pay off! Good luck everyone!

i'm in line with this sentiment...do remember all of us previously in cat 4, before DIAC "decide" that we should be bumped down to make way to the "new" cat4

this is getting frustrating

back then they told us that cat 5 would be processed accordingly to the date of submission, but last week "suddenly" DIAC decides to split cat5 into SS and family sponsored

although it's good news for some, but i view it as a sucker punch from DIAC just to fill their quota of granting SS people, if i knew back then DIAC would change the game soooo many times and like this, i would've submit an onshore SS 3 years ago

Guest VickyMel

As Jason d says all is not fair in the processing of visas.

Priorities and policy change repeatedly and it is not sensible to rely on anything.

Keep all options open and if there is a hoop you can jump through and you can switch then take it if you can.

We started in priority 2, then 5 then 7 then 4 - we would have been in 5 with you guys except luckily we were on the SMPs and got bumped up again.

Guest Cazanne

I've Been Following this forum for a long time now, can't even remember if I have added my details.

But I got good news over the weekend! I have been allocated a case officer - they have requested further health and character details.

My Details:

Visa 176 - NSW State Sponsored

Date applied 07/05/2010 (on the deadly cut off date)

Role: Financial Advisor

CO assigned 28/04/2012

Visa Grant; awaiting

Some interesting Stat 2011-12

As at 20 April 2012 there were approximately 900 unfinalised Priority Group 5 state and territory sponsored cases lodged outside of Australia. There are approximately 2100 applicants in these cases. There are 24,000 state and territory sponsored places in the 2011-12 migration program. At the end of March processed over 18 000 applications.

Edited by theworm

Guest Me Gusta

Hey guys!!

Thought I'd post an update - PR granted 30th April 2012!!

There is light at the end of the tunnel after all! (And no, it wasn't an oncoming train:))

Best of luck guys!! There's been a lot of movement this week so expect more CO's to be allocated!

Hey guys!!

Thought I'd post an update - PR granted 30th April 2012!!

There is light at the end of the tunnel after all! (And no, it wasn't an oncoming train:))

Best of luck guys!! There's been a lot of movement this week so expect more CO's to be allocated!

Some more details please? I submitted all my documents to the CO on the 18th of April. I'm still waiting for approval. How long did it take for your CO to approve your application?

I've Been Following this forum for a long time now, can't even remember if I have added my details.

But I got good news over the weekend! I have been allocated a case officer - they have requested further health and character details.

My Details:

Visa 176 - NSW State Sponsored

Date applied 07/05/2010 (on the deadly cut off date)

Role: Financial Advisor

CO assigned 28/04/2012

Visa Grant; awaiting

wow! they also allocate 2010 SS apps too?