New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Guest leoj76

Everytime diac stay quiet for so long, and minimize the process of applications.... its always meaning of coming changes.....

they stay quiet and make their horrible machiavelic plans just to tricks us somehow........

like ENG32 say.... may luck be with us this time........ but im almost sure they will:Randy-git: us once more..... its always painfull........

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zer0mike

We're Cat5, (475 Family Sponsored) My Visa Agent just told me 'I cant see how applications in your category are ever going to be processed.'

Bad Times.

What a completly ridiculous statement to make!!! Why would DIAC even , if bother to send out emails to Cat 5 then, if this were the case? Luckily I do not have such a complete waste of time agent!

But dear agents are saying this on the bases of past experiences with DIAC. Category 5 is always treated badly. So, an agent is saying what he or she feels from past experiences with DIAC. On the time when it looks good for category 5 they changed everything for us. So how can we believe them that they are processing us in near future.It has been written clearly in these mails that this just an information, nothing more than that.

Fair enough, but I still think that an agent should be more supportive! A statement like that has no more of a grounding than saying you'll get your visa tomorrow. Come on! There are loads of us still in the queue and waiting to be processed and if DIAC think they can simply brush us under the carpet, it would be too big a mount to get away with it and they know it. So please everyone KEEP THE FAITH. We shall all get our turn, albeit a little late, eventually.

Guest bowow2011
We're Cat5, (475 Family Sponsored) My Visa Agent just told me 'I cant see how applications in your category are ever going to be processed.'

Bad Times.

I'd change you agent! He's being paid to get you a visa if he can't do that I'd be asking for a refund.

Guest jilkfree1978

We have all been robbed by Diac, they have stolen our money and wil never give us a visa, they are waiting for us to cancel the visa, or if they wait long enought many will not be eligible anymore!! Or not want to go because of children being too old to go on our visas and many other reasons.

There is no hope!!!

Diac are thiefs!!!

As for us we just want our money back, we dont want to live in Australia now, basically they legally stole money from people.

Diac sent out the email, to make it look like they are going to do something with cat 5, to keep us quiet, then next year they will change again and send another email.

We have all been robbed by Diac, they have stolen our money and wil never give us a visa, they are waiting for us to cancel the visa, or if they wait long enought many will not be eligible anymore!! Or not want to go because of children being too old to go on our visas and many other reasons.

There is no hope!!!

Diac are thiefs!!!

As for us we just want our money back, we dont want to live in Australia now, basically they legally stole money from people.

Diac sent out the email, to make it look like they are going to do something with cat 5, to keep us quiet, then next year they will change again and send another email.

I can understand your sorrow and pain. This is what we are going through since last 4 years. 48 months of waiting for a provisional visa application. That shows how bad the things are for us. But friends what else can we do? Nothing more than a waiting.. This is the test of out patience. I have learned from this experience that everything is not red cherry in this world. Anyways hope for best ...

Guest zer0mike

Although Negative, I'm grateful for my Agent to say those words, I'd rather do something positive about it now than sit in a queue, waiting for a refund.

I've enquired about other routes to getting a Visa, seems that allot has changed since we applied for our Visa (18 Months Ago).

My disappointment is that those changes haven't been relayed to us.

I feel that I have been sold a dead Visa, I'm hoping my Agent will be supportive and look for new ways of progressing but I don't hold much hope.

It's frustrating as my whole family will soon live in Australia (My Mom has her Visa and is joining my Sister in QLD), but because I have a partner I can not go on the last remaining relative Visa as she has family in the UK.

Keep smiling though.... however hard.

Mike

Guest jackd

Hi,

Any updates?

there were many speculations, cat 5 will start in July11 or Aug 11, but I didn't see single one who get processed???????????????????????

:arghh:

Fair enough, but I still think that an agent should be more supportive! A statement like that has no more of a grounding than saying you'll get your visa tomorrow. Come on! There are loads of us still in the queue and waiting to be processed and if DIAC think they can simply brush us under the carpet, it would be too big a mount to get away with it and they know it. So please everyone KEEP THE FAITH. We shall all get our turn, albeit a little late, eventually.

i have always read ur stuff and it has been always pleasant to read something cheering and insightful yet not so naive and has very good point. i'd agree with u 100%. im think diac knows well that it is way too big for them to just simply cancel or cap all application. my prediction is that they will play time game with us and as it is crystal clear that they are trying to reduce the numbers, they mightdo something with state sponsorship prior to2008. i was also in the queue for ss but they just stopped and cancelled and i had to change to 1year experience(cooking). to be honest it was bit stupid just giving out ss if they are working. then they might also set another conditions on cat5 visas. only my theory. anyway my point is that yeah i dont think they are that much stupid saying that 'oh we changed our mind we wont give u pr. go back.' think how stupid and unreasona le it sounds.

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, it is truly a struggle to even get a look in. I do get disheartened at times too, but I am generally a positive person and believe that we will all get processed in time. There are less and less applications compared to a few years ago, and as we have seen DIAC are quite capable of processing two large categories along-side each other at a reasonable pace. Eventually they will be 'twiddling their thumbs' :o) and then it will be our turn. This is just a guess, but I think DIAC must be up to Sept/Oct 2010 with Cat 4's by now. I also believe DIAC will not pull any more stunts on us, as they will not need to. They seem to have got a system which works. ( I actually agree with their new policy entirely - A country should be able to dictate who they want to come into their country! - What I DO NOT agree with is APPLYING ANY NEW CHANGES RETROSPECTIVELY!! In my opinion this goes against all I was ever taught. It is like changing the law and recalling all the recently released prisoners, only to hang them. Sorry, but these are my true feelings. A diabolical treatment of people and NO EXCUSE. Anyway, now emails have come out to some, hopefully all us Cat 5's lets look forward to a speedy recovery of this dreadful saga, which I am sure even DIAC themselves are sick to the back teeth with. Roll On!

I think DIAC just want to distract as many applicants as possible by not processing or rushing into processing of Cat 5. I agree that Australia is not behaving fairly, destructing many people's lives and quietly getting very bad name regarding immigration.

I personally would recommend to wait for applicants who are waiting for 3years+ and forget it for the others, who applied after they knew this is a mess. This is I believe realistic look at this situation.

Was wondering who might take initiative in some negative publicity about this issue but this is very hard as those who are waiting may face refusal of their visa and those who already have it don't want to bring dirt on their new home. Thanks to this DIAC can keep destroying lives. My question is: where are those liberals who would fight for animal rights, boat people, bears in India and completely forgetting about HUMANS!??

Last processing update is on the following link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Professionals and Other Skilled Migrants

Overview Visa options

Allocation Dates for General Skilled Migration Applications

On this page

Priority processing

Priority exempt applications

Subsequent entrant applications

Processing time service standards

Contact us

Due to the strong demand for places in the General Skilled Migration (GSM) program the department is unable to immediately allocate all GSM applications to a case officer for consideration. When an application is allocated to a case officer depends on a number of factors, including the Priority Group of the application and the visa subclass applied for.

If your application has been allocated to a case officer you should have received communication from your case officer.

Priority processing

Applicants who lodged a GSM application before the following dates have been contacted by a case officer.

Visa Subclass Priority Group 1 Priority Group 2 Priority Group 3 Priority Group 4 Priority Group 5

Skilled – Regional subclass 887

online 20 July 2011 N/A N/A N/A N/A

Skilled – Regional subclass 887

paper 20 July 2011 N/A N/A N/A N/A

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

online N/A N/A N/A 16 August 2010 N/A

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

paper N/A N/A N/A 16 August 2010 N/A

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

online N/A N/A 20 July 2011 16 August 2010 N/A

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

paper N/A N/A 20 July 2011 10 August 2010 N/A

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

online N/A N/A 20 July 2011 16 August 2010 N/A

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

paper N/A N/A 20 July 2011 16 August 2010 N/A

Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) subclass 495 N/A N/A N/A All applications allocated N/A

Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored subclass 496 N/A N/A N/A All applications allocated N/A

Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

online N/A N/A N/A 5 May 2011 N/A

Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

paper N/A N/A N/A 25 April 2011 N/A

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886

online N/A N/A 20 July 2011 5 May 2011 N/A

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886

paper N/A N/A 20 July 2011 25 April 2011 N/A

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

online N/A N/A 20 July 2011 5 May 2011 N/A

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

paper N/A N/A 20 July 2011 25 April 2011 N/A

Priority exempt applications

Visa subclasses 485 and 476 are exempt from the current priority processing direction. Applications for these subclasses will be processed in the order in which they were received by the department.

Applicants who lodged a paper or online subclass 485 application before 22 December 2009 have been contacted by a case officer.

Applicants who lodged a paper or online subclass 476 application before 28 February 2011 have been contacted by a case officer.

Visa Subclass Lodgement Method Application Date

Skilled – Graduate subclass 485 online 15 January 2010

paper 28 December 2009

Skilled – Recognised Graduate subclass 476 online 23 March 2011

paper 23 March 2011

Subsequent entrant applications

All subsequent entrant applications that were lodged before 15 June 2011 have been contacted by a case officer.

Processing time service standards

Processing time service standards for different types of visa applications are linked to the Portfolio Budget Statements. Refer to the processing times for visas for migrating to Australia as a skilled person.

See: Processing Time Service Standards

Contact us

The General Skilled Processing Centres do not operate a client enquiry counter. The preferred method of communication is by email.

See: Professionals and Other Skilled Migrants Visas

Hey Everybody, Look! Cat 5 is actually listed, albeit last. Still, I like the layout. At least we are not just 'everyone else' anymore. Good Going DIAC. Keep up the good work! :spinny:

Guest majorie c
is this trueeee???

Pls read the comment....http://g4.net.au/wiki/group-5-news/gsm-%E2%80%93-more-priority-processing-changes/#comment-875