New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Hi Guys,

Just to say we have received our email from DIAC (via our agent) today, so looks like they are still in process of sending it out to Cat 5 applicants

It does say they plan to process some cat 5 this financial year but i will be holding my breath until we see the first CO allocated to a Cat 5er!

lets keep our fingers crossed

Claire and Liam

I liked the part with Cat5ers! Do you know how to change nick? :)

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? That makes no sense. I thought with ss you'd be in front of us without it?

Ah well, DIAC logic!

Same here, we obtained SS from WA in 09 however on email we got it showed up as a 175 app, submitted a PLE to ask why it is showing as 175, not 176.

Initailly we were Cat 2 as WA sponsored us then Hairdressers were removed from the WA List. we fell into Cat 4.

SS is worthless now unless it is on SMP.

I am lost at trying to work out the thinkings of DIAC.

Chris

Guest Scissor Sister
Same here, we obtained SS from WA in 09 however on email we got it showed up as a 175 app, submitted a PLE to ask why it is showing as 175, not 176.

Initailly we were Cat 2 as WA sponsored us then Hairdressers were removed from the WA List. we fell into Cat 4.

SS is worthless now unless it is on SMP.

I am lost at trying to work out the thinkings of DIAC.

Chris

Cat 2 then Sep 09 changes put us to cat 5 from there to cat 4 and back again to cat 5. I too am so lost trying to work things out.

Just give us a visa or our money back.....Simple

Hairdressers removed from list and now hubbys occupation being added to SOL & some SMP lists, How frustrating is all of this.

Guest majorie c
Hi Guys,

Just to say we have received our email from DIAC (via our agent) today, so looks like they are still in process of sending it out to Cat 5 applicants

It does say they plan to process some cat 5 this financial year but i will be holding my breath until we see the first CO allocated to a Cat 5er!

lets keep our fingers crossed

Claire and Liam

Anybody receive email from DIAC these 2 days? :)

Anybody receive email from DIAC these 2 days? :)

Can you give some more details about this Association ?

who is the founder, what are the goals etc.

I still don't know much about this association but it seems like they're gathering CAT5 applicants to begin promoting their case in the media and to show the real suffering that is caused by such long processing timeline (which is actually no processing till now) and the continuous changing of the rules.

They are trying to shed some light on the unfairness of this rule changing.

When i get more details i will surely post them in this thread.

Hi VB. Look, I would not attach too much importance to receiving the letter. I know it is very worrying when it seems that everybody and his dog has received a letter, however you have not. DIAC are stating that they will process priority 58 applications in DATE ORDER, nothing else. It would actually not make sense otherwise, as we are now all in the same boat. (excuse the pun). So, I strongly believe you are one of the lucky ones, who will be processed infront of the queue!! God knows, if any DIAC agent has a look on Poms in Oz now and then, they will surely see how much it means to you to at last be processed!! Honestly Hun, keep the faith. My guess is we will start hearing something in late August, September. My agent believes it will be towards the end of this year, ie. Nov/Dec. But I am a little more optimistic, as the queues are declining all the time, especially if you take into consideration all the changes that were applied. Good Luck to you VB and all of us CAT 5's - Hang on in there :animal-spider:

But you say he is telling you, no email has importance .. . Bit of a contridiction to your statement

Yes he told me that I did not get any email. but I need explanation on that because every category 5 applicants has got the email. At least he must inform me that DIAC has send an email regarding processing category 5 applicants. On the he has started ignoring my calls. He did not pick up my calls ever since I called him to enquire on this matter.

Yes he told me that I did not get any email. but I need explanation on that because every category 5 applicants has got the email. At least he must inform me that DIAC has send an email regarding processing category 5 applicants. On the he has started ignoring my calls. He did not pick up my calls ever since I called him to enquire on this matter.

Haven't received one yet!!!!

Guest majorie c

Is he hiding anything from you? Just curious!!

Guest Varlet

I am priority 5, and my agent said several of her clients did receive that letter but i did not (i am February 2008).

Yet - the fact that this email said that the new priority (5) will not have an effect on our group "processing times" is kind of stupid (like most of DIAC's statements if you ask me) as we are not being processed since January 2009, so no effect means we will continue not being processed as it has been before ? just stupid.

DIAC - present a timeline for priority group 5 like you presented for the others, we paid like the others, we are entitled to get the same service !

Guest leoj76

hello.... is there anybody there??????

it seems nothing is happening with diac.... not even for those in cat 3 or 4... nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone have an idea of whats going on!!!!

hello.... is there anybody there??????

it seems nothing is happening with diac.... not even for those in cat 3 or 4... nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone have an idea of whats going on!!!!

It's true, nothing is really moving at the moment, cat 4's almost at a standstill also, it's more interesting watching paint dry than DIAC moving forward.

Good luck to all :chatterbox:

Guest leoj76

I think we need more than luck this time..... everytime diac stay quiet like this and every time they slow their processing to the mimimum...... its always meaning changes is coming.....

they always stay quiet and make there machiavelic silly plans.. to trick us somehow.......