New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

I think there will not be more bad news for the people like me and Rahul. What could be more bad than waiting for 5 year for a Provisional visa. I think category 5 offshore .will be started processing from May June 2012. And as stated ny DIAC they will process 495 and 496 first starting from 2006. Yes there could be some more waiting for the people who applied in 2010 onwards and they are in category 5. 2012-2013 will be the year for processing of backlog.Until the new sytem EOI gets in place..

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading about people like you who have been patient enough to wait for 5 years, ppl like me who have only waited 2.7 years, feel a little more calm and get more courage. yes, i guess 475, 495, 496 will go in first then 176 and 175 will get their chance.

I think there will not be more bad news for the people like me and Rahul. What could be more bad than waiting for 5 year for a Provisional visa. I think category 5 offshore .will be started processing from May June 2012. And as stated ny DIAC they will process 495 and 496 first starting from 2006. Yes there could be some more waiting for the people who applied in 2010 onwards and they are in category 5. 2012-2013 will be the year for processing of backlog.Until the new sytem EOI gets in place..

Hi everyone, another morning another update, many analysis.... yet the confusions remain.

I am Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176,Offshore, Category 5, and i am a bit confused cos i the update says Sept 9, 2011 for Cat 4, and Cat 4 will be filing and the dates will keep moving to 2012. when will they start Cat 5 in that Visa class? after they get o which date in the Cat 4 of that class will they move to Cat five of 176? i have started following the dates since the last six months and still can't figure out how they go about doing things. thanks,

waiting is the only way other than applying for a new visa within current migration rules.

Keep patient more as you are not alone in this situation. I was applied just 20 days before you but nothing do.....

Sorry to reiterate but anybody having idea if CO takes interview or otherwise related to the occupation applied?

Never heard CO takes interview! They may did enquiry through AHC about job which called job verfication.

Its not clear to me what you have asking or wanted to know Really.

Someone else can help you out

I am just trying to know if CO really takes any telephonic interview/Personal interview (by email or another means) related to your occupation applied in sub classes 175, 176 and 475 like in other sub classes they generally take.

No case officer taken any interview in any subclass in Australia. It happens in other countries not in Australia. They have AHC in all the countries who has the responsibility to take job verification. AHC can use private agencies in respective countries to verify your experience or any other related information for applicants.

Correct me if I am wrong...

Need to update my progress. Cat 5, 886, applied 1 May 2008. Was allocated CO early Feb (Brisbane GSM even though applied to Adelaide GSM). We were asked to redo our medicals and police checks and resubmitt all the paperwork again. This was all done by early March but we haven't heard from CO after that. He did seem eager in the email he sent saying he'll process them as quickly as he can. Does anyone know how long after being allocated a CO and when the visa is granted? I thought of emailing him again but didn't want to be too pushy. Come the end of the month and it will be 4 years of waiting.

With new subclasses coming after 30th June 2012 there wouldn't be difference between Onshore-Offshore thing after that. The processing will all be same for everyone. But I wonder what effect would it have on remaining 15,000 applicants in Group 5. What are the chances that Immigration Minister might exercise the Cap & Cease power on those applicants like it was done on pre 07 applicants. Group 5 occupations are anyways not in demand in Australia so I think no one knows whats gona happen after 1st July 2012.

I would not technically say that Cat 5 occupations are not in demand in Oz - they may not be on the Main list however my occupation is wanted by a number of states - had I not gone down the family route I would have had my visa by now. It is annoying thinking this - but I for one am staying with this cat so not to loose the £2k plus other fees I have paid.

I for one to wish to have a conclusion to this soon - whether it be my money back or my visa processed as I am sick of my life being on hold.:biggrin:

Guest vick3
It's very quiet, haven't seen any CO allocated here for the last couple of days, come on DIAC.....some good news pls

@sam2009 buddy it's your turn to give good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Stuck
Need to update my progress. Cat 5, 886, applied 1 May 2008. Was allocated CO early Feb (Brisbane GSM even though applied to Adelaide GSM). We were asked to redo our medicals and police checks and resubmitt all the paperwork again. This was all done by early March but we haven't heard from CO after that. He did seem eager in the email he sent saying he'll process them as quickly as he can. Does anyone know how long after being allocated a CO and when the visa is granted? I thought of emailing him again but didn't want to be too pushy. Come the end of the month and it will be 4 years of waiting.

Same case with me Applied for 885 onshore in May 2008. Got the case officer in Jan 2012...All documents submitted by begining of March. Havent received the grant yet. We called the case officer a few times...but he says he is too busy and back logged he hasnt come to our application yet....they are lazy even at this last stage...which other job can you say u havent checked your emails from 6 weeks ago???

u can call to find out if there has been any progress....but no way to push for a verdict!!!

Guest xslayer

Hi All,

I rarely post here, but've been following the post a bit.

Just letting you know that I've just been recently allocated CO from Team 32.

I applied early March 2009 (subclass 885)

Cheers

Guest jackd
Hi All,

Cheers

Hi, Xslayer,

It's been long I am posting here on poms, Please tell me which cat u belongs?

I dont thnik there will be any chances of cat 5 processing before june 2012, May be end of this month New Sol List come up & then after clear the picture how many cat 5 applicants left in this cat.

Regard's

jackd.

Guest lilen
Hi, Xslayer,

It's been long I am posting here on poms, Please tell me which cat u belongs?

I dont thnik there will be any chances of cat 5 processing before june 2012, May be end of this month New Sol List come up & then after clear the picture how many cat 5 applicants left in this cat.

Regard's

jackd.[/quote

Do u have any valid sources claiming that?

Hi All,

Cheers

Hi can you tell us which date of march u been lodged?

Hi All,

Cheers

although im 886, but this randomness of processing dates is getting confusing and giving false hope (for me at least) that I would be seeing my case got a CO in the near future

I just hope there would be no early election called, that would literally throwing a wrench to my head, since both parties would make exorbitant promises which will impact immigration quota

Guest xslayer

I applied 02 Mar 2009, under physical science nec occupation (no longer in SOL). been a category 5 all these times.

I had the email from CO on the 17th April, they're requesting me to redo health check, afp, and penal clearance from my home country.

Guest sam123

I'm just wondering why do you have to do penal clearance from your home country. 1) Did your previous penal clearance expired? 2) Did you go back to your country during the time?

I applied 02 Mar 2009, under physical science nec occupation (no longer in SOL). been a category 5 all these times.I had the email from CO on the 17th April, they're requesting me to redo health check, afp, and penal clearance from my home country.
Edited by sam123

We got asked to re-send skills assessment, college info, UK police checks, meds and AFP checks

We have redone the AFP but just sent through the original UK police check from 3 years ago. Our CO hasn't said to re-do then just to send again

All docs sent on 4/4 not heard anything back yet

Same case with me Applied for 885 onshore in May 2008. Got the case officer in Jan 2012...All documents submitted by begining of March. Havent received the grant yet. We called the case officer a few times...but he says he is too busy and back logged he hasnt come to our application yet....they are lazy even at this last stage...which other job can you say u havent checked your emails from 6 weeks ago???

u can call to find out if there has been any progress....but no way to push for a verdict!!!

Thanks for the reply. It sure helps to know someone else is in the same boat. As for saying they're lazy in the final stage... well, I couldn't have said it better myself. We even had to resend the initial emails with all the documents 3 times cause his mailbox was full and they bounced back. We were allocated to Bribane Team 31. What about you? All the best and will keep everyone posted.