New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Guest leoj76
i so think this skill select changes will affect those applications after JULY 2012. not prior to that. so existing ones arent affected and must be processed to clear the backlog already and pursue or continue the new visa subclasses

i wish u are right really i wish!!!!! but in two weeks i will be celebration my 4 years of waiting........ and i saw how diac give false promises and false hope during this 4 years..... dont think they gonna stick to their words this time again.... they have too much tricks in ther bag!!!!!

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest akerai

Have patience offshore cat 5 will start soon and please stop posting negative comments. The next two months will decide our fate.

Hi Guys,

Have just joined in today. Applied for 886 on 25/12/09...Community Welfare..No CO yet.

There is a note in Iscah Newsletter from March 2012. Make no sense. He may have meant Offshore I guess but I read a comment in this forum that DIAC was close to allocating COs to Offshore Group 5 by June/July this year.

http://www.iscah.com/Iscahnewsletterlatest.pdf

DIAC advise further that it is unlikely Priority 5 application will all be allocated until at least

the end of the 2012/2013 program year (ie June 2013) unless there is an increase in program

numbers or a dramatic reduction in new lodgements under the EOI system from 1/7/2012.

(Source: DIAC)

DIAC advise further that it is unlikely Priority 5 application will all be allocated until at least

the end of the 2012/2013 program year (ie June 2013) unless there is an increase in program

numbers or a dramatic reduction in new lodgements under the EOI system from 1/7/2012.

(Source: DIAC)

My interpretation of the above is all Cat 5ers will not have CO's by then which is acceptable. This does not imply cap and cease will take place merely the fact that some "newer" Cat 5ers may not have CO's soon especially those who have not been waiting that long compared to others (one year as opposed to five years). In other words they don't expect to clear the Cat 5 backlog by end of 2012/2013.

Cheers!

Edited by xenos1987

Guest akerai

I recently talked to my agent and he said cat 5 offshore will start end of june or july and cap and cease isnt goin to happen unless there is recession. So try to keep hopes alive if Virtual bajwa can wait all these years now wait for a few more months. And good news will start when he gets a C.O

Hi Xenos,

I think you are absolutely spot on. In my understanding there could be around 7-10 thousand applications lodged in 2010 & 2011 so if they can atleast finish all G5s lodged until end of 2009 it would be a fair call. Initially it was said that DIAC will be processing 10,000 G5 applications in this financial year but I think 2008 would have 10,000 applications alone which already have been assigned. I am sure DIAC is struggling to reach the current year target and hence fast processing G5s.

We also have to realise that the month of July will be frozen in terms of NO NEW GSM APPLICATIONS and the first invitations will be sent only from 1st Aug. So it would be fair to say that July and Aug shouldn't see any new applications being added with DIAC and hence they can clear 10,000 more applications in those 2 months (as around 1200 applications gets assigned every week based on current GSM targets).

Guest Leo Nard

hi guys, i would say wait n watch because diac has their own procedure and policies, they r doing what they suppose to do. have some patience guys our turn will come sooner or later.:emoticon_doctor_sna

i m also waiting from last 3 years but we cant solve any problem by making these types of statements on this forum,

Is there any point in 176 family sponsored changing to 175 independent? Even though I had enough points for 175 I applied under 176 family as I thought that would give me some sort of priority! lol, I am sure I recall the numbers being low for family sponsored 176's.

Any thoughts cat5'ers ?

Is there any point in 176 family sponsored changing to 175 independent? Even though I had enough points for 175 I applied under 176 family as I thought that would give me some sort of priority! lol, I am sure I recall the numbers being low for family sponsored 176's.

Any thoughts cat5'ers ?

If your nominated occupation is on SOL 1 maybe yes - but if it is not no. As 176 family sponsored has review rights 175 do not.

Hopes are high but still devastated by the update.. how come the processing have reached jun 2009 application for subclass 487 and only till JAN 2009 FOR 885/886... i think this is giving priority to 487 in priority 5.. S**T Happens !!

Come On sam2009 and neelavshi give us some good news....

No news from myside, still waiting, devastated by the slow movement in April and no good news coming from g5. It looks like they put us on hold this fortnight. Next update will be worst than the last one, one week almost over and nobody received a CO...