New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Guest Suit007

Yea, I just don't know what to say, Dhawan. I hope we will soon be seeing people who applied in March/April 2009 getting a CO.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sanmok

I think DIAC is playing it safe, they don’t want too may queries from people asking who is my CO ? /when is going to contact me? / What docs are required ? Because answering thse queries slows the whole process down. DIAC will continue to allocate CO to people in 2009 but at a slow pace, so we are back to long waiting game now... I applied in 08/2009 COOK ONSHORE 885 and I can see good 8 months wait in front of me.

Edited by Sanmok

Hey guys , I just got to know from a Chinese forum that one applicant from July 2009 got co yesterday . I am just wondering what DIAC doing ? They are saying they processing According to date of lodgment but we can see they picking applicants randomly. Anyways it's a good progress of they really reached near to July 2000.

Hi! Indaussie

whatever you heard on the chinese forum about allocating category 5 (onshore) applications that they are allocating July 2009 applications is not true, coz according to DIAC update on 30th March 2012, they are only allocated upto 28th November 2008.

unquote

Hi! Indaussie

whatever you heard on the chinese forum about allocating category 5 (onshore) applications that they are allocating July 2009 applications is not true, coz according to DIAC update on 30th March 2012, they are only allocated upto 28th November 2008.

unquote

Hi, VANDDIR1

It is correct information in chinese forum. The people who applied in March, May, July, August, Nov 09 have been allocated to CO are the group of Gov sponsorship 886. They were on list of QLD Gov Sponsorship on 2009, and somehow DIAC cancelled the Gov sponsorship for this group, and then they automatically became Group 5 like us.

Now this group of people are getting priority than other G5er.

Here is the updates from " Australian Group 5 Applicants" Facebook, Someone who applied on 10 Nov 09, visa granted 29th March 12

Edited by kkcc123

My opinion for the slow movement is that maybe DIMIA wanted to finalize visas for onshore applicants up until a certain date, process offshore Cat 4s to a certain date and then start Cat 5 offshore before SkillSelect comes in. Then when SkillSelect comes in "reserve" a certain number of allocations to the old group (Cat 1-5)and the rest for SkillSelect applicants or vice versa.

The update may not music to onshore ears, but certainly promising to offshore. 2 months moved, with this speed hopefully another 2 months will be our turns for real!

good luck guys and finger crossed!

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk

Hi, VANDDIR1

It is correct information in chinese forum. The people who applied in March, May, July, August, Nov 09 have been allocated to CO are the group of Gov sponsorship 886. They were on list of QLD Gov Sponsorship on 2009, and somehow DIAC cancelled the Gov sponsorship for this group, and then they automatically became Group 5 like us.

Now this group of people are getting priority than other G5er.

Here is the updates from " Australian Group 5 Applicants" Facebook, Someone who applied on 10 Nov 09, visa granted 29th March 12

Not sure if i am allowed to post this link, but Australian Group 5 Applicants Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/12119...group_activity

Hi!

i guess then DIAC doesnt want to show that there is significant progress in offshore category 5 applications, coz the update only shows 1 week movement for category 5( 28november 2008). I am Just so confused

Guest Suit007

By the way, I check my spam box daily just in case that heart warming, highly anticipated email from DIAC goes there. That's how my mate found out about his CO - luckily he checked his spam messages.

Comrades, what are your thoughts regarding bridging visa B if you have already been contacted by a CO? I am planning to travel overseas in May but not sure if I will be allowed if, say, I get a CO at the end of April :biglaugh:

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

@ vb if this is the case then next update will be 15 dec for sure,....i think diac is clearing up the cat 4 lot fast so i dont think they will allocate any co these two weeks...

my theory will be proved if some one gets case office in between the next up date.....i am talking abt 885

only updates keeps coming every fortnight not good news for offshore cat 5. We are expecting good news from you VB so that we can take into account that offshore allocation is started

do not worry. If we can wait for 5 years. Then there is nothing to loose in waiting for 2 more months....

So be patient . Our turn will come....

only updates keeps coming every fortnight not good news for offshore cat 5. We are expecting good news from you VB so that we can take into account that offshore allocation is started

Well, to me it is still a good news.

3 months after the announcement of the processing of C5 onshore, DIAC has managed to almost clear the 2008's C5 applicants.

Stay positive.....they are processing it.

Guys,

please understand the update as the oldest day for assigning a CO. The update means that ALL applicants before the date were contacted by a CO. It does not mean that this limits COs to go ahead of this date. The date in update is the clearing line at the end.

There has been a move in offshore cat 4, my estimate is they want to clear offshore backlog until the end of the financial year. There will be some experiment from 1/7/2012, will see how that affects the queue. But from then, you will have a clear time frame as they have to assign certain number for Cat 5 for each month to ged rid of the backlog. And yes, they are doing whatever they can to have the least amount of Cat 5 applications, don't give up.

Those who are very fresh Cat 5, consider other options but never stop hoping. Cheers

Hi Dhawan,

I am new to this forum...Can you pl tell me any tentative idea by what time our offshore processing Priority 5 will start? I am hoping my CO gets appointed by this year end.

GSM 176 Applied: April 2010 Computer Professional NEC

Edited by GAGAN4321

Guest indaussie

Hi everyone , I want to share something with you. It's my opinion

i think they are slow in processing cat 5 onshore application cz they want to finish all cat 4er by the end of June because after July 12 there they goin to replace 885, 175 and 886, 176 subclasses with 189and 190. S there would only some 885 and 886 application from students who are under transition arrangements.here is the link

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

So don't know what they gonna do with remaining offshore cat 5 applications. I think something fishy ideas goin in DIAC mind . I think after July they can set a cap on 175 and 176 application and reject all the remaining application like they did in 2010 with pre sept 2oo7 application.

I will be more than happy if I am proven wrong but anything can happen with DIAC so fingers xxxxxx for all cat 5er .

Edited by indaussie

Guest leoj76

i share the same point of view as indaussie

it will be very easy for them to cap and cease all application left in 175/176 after 1st july 2012....

it not possible for diac to cancel it now beacause of category4 is applying on the same subclases as us... and they cant cancel application bassed only on their job title... they can only cancel an all subclass...

if they cancel application in 175/176 now they will have to cancel also all application in category 3 and category 4..... but when there will be no more category 3 and 4..... only offshore 175/176 remain which they dont want in australia.....

guys I know its a bit pessimist from me.... but we should be prepare for the worst case!!!

we have been unwanted since 4, 5 years...... not sure they gonna cover us with roses after july 2012

Hi Dhawan,

I am new to this forum...Can you pl tell me any tentative idea by what time our offshore processing Priority 5 will start? I am hoping my CO gets appointed by this year end.

GSM 176 Applied: April 2010 Computer Professional NEC

If you are 2010 applicant. I think it will take at least one year to process your file. But u never know. Now a days they are very fast in processing. But in category 4 offshore there are many applicants ahead of your. Like me , I had applied in Aug 2007. So wait for our turn. It will come. Once category 5 is started you will listen something from DIAC in one year time....Good Luck...

i so think this skill select changes will affect those applications after JULY 2012. not prior to that. so existing ones arent affected and must be processed to clear the backlog already and pursue or continue the new visa subclasses