New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

wow:notworthy:. thank you

latest cat 4 (prev cat 3) visa grant on PIO

Date of visa application: september 2, 2010

so we need to wait til its up to August 2011? I think there will be less and less CAT 4 applicants when they start to process January 2011 apps due to changes. So most likely within this year, we will hear first CO allocation from CAT 5

fingers crossed

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you check the thread saying one cat 5 applicant recieved a CO? cant be true. she is cook with no SS or ES just 885 independant

[

QUOTE=mlsdq;1132120]if you can see the timeliness in category 3's, there are lesser applicants in 2011. hurrah!

did you check the thread saying one cat 5 applicant recieved a CO? cant be true. she is cook with no SS or ES just 885 independant

[

QUOTE=mlsdq;1132120]if you can see the timeliness in category 3's, there are lesser applicants in 2011. hurrah!

are you cat 04?. ya that cannot be true.... he should be cat 03......:idea:

I m cat 5, too good to be true. I wish every body in cat 5 get CO. but what i m saying it is still early for us to get processed we expecting processing in at least another 5 months....

I m cat 5, too good to be true. I wish every body in cat 5 get CO. but what i m saying it is still early for us to get processed we expecting processing in at least another 5 months....

Good Luck for all of you..... I am cat 04.... hope something will happen before end of this year..

:smile:

latest cat 4 (prev cat 3) visa grant on PIO

Date of visa application: september 2, 2010

so we need to wait til its up to August 2011? I think there will be less and less CAT 4 applicants when they start to process January 2011 apps due to changes. So most likely within this year, we will hear first CO allocation from CAT 5

fingers crossed

I posted that my friend in cat 5 received the mail says that CO will be allocated.

Wierd thing is that she's in cat 5 but letter says she's in cat3.

She's 885 independent and cat 5, cookery application lodged on july 2008.

yeah,..

i couldn't believe it either at first. but what can i say? she did receive the email.

I don't know if that's error made by immigration as it contains info that i cannot fully understand,

That's why i posted it to see what other think and read the email.

But it is the fact that she is in cat 5

I am not saying that it will be processed soon. i am also one of the cat5 been waiting things for 2 years. and just want to hear your thoughts.

Guest guest38808

yes it is possible,but may be its luck or random pick,my friend got pr from melbourne in commercial cookery without any sponsors,astonished and also many 885 GSM applicants are looked upon by DIAC. 886 family sponsored applicant 2/2009

Does it mean that diac have processed old cat4 (now cat5) as in the case of sc80 below?

2 years and 4 months wait is finally over ... we got our visa!

Hi all,

I would like to share the good news with all in pomsinoz; my 2 year 4 months of wait is over. I have been on and off here, frustrated with the changes and all.Then one day, my mailbox shows I have the grant letter .... finally! :)

My special thanks to Gollywobbler (who sadly no longer around the forums), Reza (for his information on adding de-facto/spouse), VickyMel , siamsusie pumpkin, GeorgeD, _shel and everyone else that I may have unintentionally left out for the support, encouragement and sharing their experiences here.

My timeline:

Date applied: 03 March 2009 s175 (MODL/SOL) Low Risk (LR) country

Medical checked: 03 April 2009, police clearance done

Priority changed Sept 2009, s175 given lowest priority

Applied for NSW SS and granted: 10 Sept 2009, changed to s176 (cat2)

Priority changed again, s176 and s175 priority goes further down (cat5) unless you are in CSL/ENS

AU election ... everything on hold again ...

---looong wait ----

NSW election ... SMP on hold the longest of all states

SMP out in 03 Mar 2011 - My occupation no longer listed ... :( (cat4 for having SS but not SMP)

CO first contact: 03 April 2011

Asked for S80, F47A, de-facto evidence, spouse IELTS, etc

Health check re-done, police clearance re-done

Visa granted: 12 Jul 2011, must enter AU for validation by Dec 06, 2011

I guess I am the last few dinasours to be out ... :)

Best of luck everyone!

Last edited by sc80; Today at 04:07 AM.

Guest garynhelen
Does it mean that diac have processed old cat4 (now cat5) as in the case of sc80 below?

Hi all,

I would like to share the good news with all in pomsinoz; my 2 year 4 months of wait is over. I have been on and off here, frustrated with the changes and all.Then one day, my mailbox shows I have the grant letter .... finally! :)

My special thanks to Gollywobbler (who sadly no longer around the forums), Reza (for his information on adding de-facto/spouse), VickyMel , siamsusie pumpkin, GeorgeD, _shel and everyone else that I may have unintentionally left out for the support, encouragement and sharing their experiences here.

My timeline:

Priority changed again, s176 and s175 priority goes further down (cat5) unless you are in CSL/ENS

---looong wait ----

SMP out in 03 Mar 2011 - My occupation no longer listed ... :( (cat4 for having SS but not SMP)

Best of luck everyone!

Hi, I get from this that they are higher priority than current cat.5 as they still have state sponsorship.

Guest garynhelen
We have SS and like them are off the list but we are stuck in Cat 5 I think they have just been lucky and DIAC have let them slip through the net.

Really? That makes no sense. I thought with ss you'd be in front of us without it?

Ah well, DIAC logic!

Hi all,

My timeline:

---looong wait ----

Best of luck everyone!

This was changed to de-facto a total different visa.

This was changed to de-facto a total different visa.

I don't read this as changing to a spouse/partner visa. If the partner was an Aussie, surely they would have applied for that visa right at the start. I understand that it is a 175/176 application with a partner - with the partner being a de-facto rather than husband/wife. DIAC are requiring proof that the relationship is a long-term one and they have been together more than two years, which is the requirement.

Cheers, Kazza

I don't read this as changing to a spouse/partner visa. If the partner was an Aussie, surely they would have applied for that visa right at the start. I understand that it is a 175/176 application with a partner - with the partner being a de-facto rather than husband/wife. DIAC are requiring proof that the relationship is a long-term one and they have been together more than two years, which is the requirement.

Cheers, Kazza

Not always the case and if you read the persons information it says CO asked for info on the

here is the person exact statement he posted

Tania

Guest sharonbe

GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION

PROCESSING INFORMATION

This is an automated e-mail response which provides updated information on processing of applications for General Skilled Migration (GSM).

Updated 18 July 2011.

Please do not send enquiries or reply to this email address as this mailbox is not monitored.

Important - GSM processing priorities have changed in line with Ministerial Direction No. 50. For details please see here -

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/24apriority_skilled.htm

Processing Dates

Applicants who lodged a GSM application before the following dates have been contacted by a case officer:

Priority Group 1

Skilled – Regional subclass 887

VB 887 (e-lodged) 20 June 2011

VB 887 (paper): 20 June 2011

Priority Group 2

There are no GSM visa classes in priority group 2

Priority Group 3

*Priority 3 applications are currently being allocated within two weeks of DIAC receiving confirmation of a valid nomination from the relevant State/ Territory Government. Applicants in priority group 3 are therefore encouraged, where possible, to provide decision ready applications to enable efficient processing and finalisation of their applications.

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

VE 176 (e-lodged): 10 July 2011

VE 176 (paper): 10 July 2011

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886:

VB 886 (e-lodged) 10 July 2011

VB 886 (paper): 10 July 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

VF 475 (e-lodged): 10 July 2011

VF 475 (paper): 10 July 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

VC 487 (e-lodged) 10 July 2011

VC 487 (paper): 10 July 2011

Priority Group 4

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

VE 175 (e-lodged):10 August 2010

VE 175 (paper): 10 August 2010

VE 176 (e-lodged): 10 August 2010

VE 176 (paper): 10 August 2010

VF 475 (e-lodged): 10 August 2010

VF 475 (paper): 10 August 2010

Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) subclass 495 and

Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored subclass 496

UX 495 and UZ 496 (e-lodged and paper): All applicants who have an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 have been allocated.

Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

VB 885 (e-lodged) 1 May 2011

VB 885 (paper): 20 April 2011

VB 886 (e-lodged) 1 May 2011

VB 886 (paper): 20 April 2011

VC 487 (e-lodged) 1 May 2011

VC 487 (paper): 20 April 2011

Priority Group 5

(See attached file: Important information for applicants in priority group 5.pdf)

Processing of priority group 5 applications can only commence once all applications from higher priority groups have been allocated for assessment.

Priority Exempt Applications

Visa Subclasses 476, 485 and 887 are exempt from the current priority processing direction. Applications under these subclasses will be processed in the order in which they were received by the department.

Skilled - Graduate subclass 485

VC 485 (e-lodged) - 22 December 2009

VC 485 (paper) - 22 December 2009

Skilled – Recognised Graduate subclass 476

VF 476 (e-lodged): 28 February 2011

VF 476 (paper): 28 February 2011

Subsequent Entrant Applications

All subsequent entrant applications for subclasses 485, 487 and 475: 2 April 2011

Guest jackd
GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION

PROCESSING INFORMATION

This is an automated e-mail response which provides updated information on processing of applications for General Skilled Migration (GSM).

Updated 18 July 2011.

Please do not send enquiries or reply to this email address as this mailbox is not monitored.

Important - GSM processing priorities have changed in line with Ministerial Direction No. 50. For details please see here -

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/24apriority_skilled.htm

Processing Dates

Applicants who lodged a GSM application before the following dates have been contacted by a case officer:

Priority Group 1

Skilled – Regional subclass 887

VB 887 (e-lodged) 20 June 2011

VB 887 (paper): 20 June 2011

Priority Group 2

There are no GSM visa classes in priority group 2

Priority Group 3

*Priority 3 applications are currently being allocated within two weeks of DIAC receiving confirmation of a valid nomination from the relevant State/ Territory Government. Applicants in priority group 3 are therefore encouraged, where possible, to provide decision ready applications to enable efficient processing and finalisation of their applications.

VE 176 (e-lodged): 10 July 2011

VE 176 (paper): 10 July 2011

VB 886 (e-lodged) 10 July 2011

VB 886 (paper): 10 July 2011

VF 475 (e-lodged): 10 July 2011

VF 475 (paper): 10 July 2011

VC 487 (e-lodged) 10 July 2011

VC 487 (paper): 10 July 2011

Priority Group 4

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

VE 175 (e-lodged):10 August 2010

VE 175 (paper): 10 August 2010

VE 176 (e-lodged): 10 August 2010

VE 176 (paper): 10 August 2010

VF 475 (e-lodged): 10 August 2010

VF 475 (paper): 10 August 2010

Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) subclass 495 and

Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored subclass 496

UX 495 and UZ 496 (e-lodged and paper): All applicants who have an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 have been allocated.

Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

VB 885 (e-lodged) 1 May 2011

VB 885 (paper): 20 April 2011

VB 886 (e-lodged) 1 May 2011

VB 886 (paper): 20 April 2011

VC 487 (e-lodged) 1 May 2011

VC 487 (paper): 20 April 2011

Priority Group 5

(See attached file: Important information for applicants in priority group 5.pdf)

Processing of priority group 5 applications can only commence once all applications from higher priority groups have been allocated for assessment.

Priority Exempt Applications

Visa Subclasses 476, 485 and 887 are exempt from the current priority processing direction. Applications under these subclasses will be processed in the order in which they were received by the department.

Skilled - Graduate subclass 485

VC 485 (e-lodged) - 22 December 2009

VC 485 (paper) - 22 December 2009

Skilled – Recognised Graduate subclass 476

VF 476 (e-lodged): 28 February 2011

VF 476 (paper): 28 February 2011

Subsequent Entrant Applications

All subsequent entrant applications for subclasses 485, 487 and 475: 2 April 2011

Hi,

Where is attachment for cat5 ?

jackd.:jiggy:

Hi Guys,

Just to say we have received our email from DIAC (via our agent) today, so looks like they are still in process of sending it out to Cat 5 applicants

It does say they plan to process some cat 5 this financial year but i will be holding my breath until we see the first CO allocated to a Cat 5er!

lets keep our fingers crossed

Claire and Liam