New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Guest ivyc10
I have just emailed aspc.processing@immi.gov.au and the attachment at the top of the returned email pretty much says exactly the same as the Diac email almost word for word, which means this may not be a special email unfortunately - but hey you never know :smile:

Hi~SarahDale.

I have received this e-mail on yesterday.

My surname is Park.

I think that this e-mail has some specail meaning.

If this e-mail intends simply to inform some changes to all applicants(cat5),they didnot need to write each person`s name.

cheers.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its getting confusing to update the first page and thanks for clarifying everything that i post. just had a quick update coz someone is waiting for me to get in the car already! ill add those new timelines when i get back

goodluck to all of us! and those who didn't receive, wait for it til someone is allocated to a CO to at least we can figure out who are those 10K apps to be processed. i feel they will send off emails those who lodged before us. DIAC can't be unfair again this time. it's too much already.

catch ya all later

I have just emailed aspc.processing@immi.gov.au and the attachment at the top of the returned email pretty much says exactly the same as the Diac email almost word for word, which means this may not be a special email unfortunately - but hey you never know :smile:

hi sarahDale,

since you've already received an email from diac before you sent another query, then definitely they will just resend the earlier email for reiteration as they maybe thinking that you did not receive their earlier email.

Hi,

I am new to this forum and i am in cat5. 885 skilled independant.

I just received the email form immigration regarding the information about my application.

I guess the content is pretty much same as all other applicants received.

I have lodged application Mar 2010. and nevered sent an blank email to get the update.

As i was reading through, i got really upset that they stated that one of our option is cease the visa application and depart austraila.....(just like it's nothing. what about the years of time i have wasted here, fooled by their manipulated advertisement of giving a pr.) I do believe that they have encouraged all these schools and organizations to attract the internationsl students.

Even still now, they don't even hide that they are offering a sponsorship for 5-60,0000$.

How crazy is that,...

Anyway,

I get great info and updates here and shame that i have just joined.

Thanks guys,

:biggrin:

I recieved mine as well 886 family sponsored ( Feb2009), my agent said it is just a general update to all applicants in group 5 and he expects we may start looked at from the end of this financial year, good luck to all.

U meant the end of 2011-2012 financial year ? that would be about may or june 2012 (LOL i guess that too long)...hopefully earlier than that hehehe...

i got mine aswell after i made an inquiry through immi website..

I applied 886 in May 2009..

Keep posting guys ^^

hi sarahDale,

since you've already received an email from diac before you sent another query, then definitely they will just resend the earlier email for reiteration as they maybe thinking that you did not receive their earlier email.

We have applied through an agent, so all correspondence regarding our visa goes through our agent, but I do like to keep myself up to date so I sent a blank email to get the update and was surprised to see it was practically word for word.

I am hoping as much as the rest of you that the email does mean something and that our visa will be processed in the next financial year, but wanted some more information about who the email went to.

Sarah :smile:

Hi~SarahDale.

I have received this e-mail on yesterday.

My surname is Park.

I think that this e-mail has some specail meaning.

If this e-mail intends simply to inform some changes to all applicants(cat5),they didnot need to write each person`s name.

cheers.

Thanks for the info. This is good news and reassuring - I was hoping this would be the case.

Sarah :biggrin:

Guest coffeebucks

I received the email this morning finally.

Yes to my surprise ,there's my name. (although its still believed to be a system email)

However i saw many other G5ers on other discussion forums said that this is just a trick for the DIAC to calm our emotions so that we will stop making noise and will wait quietly with hopes.

I can understand this but I just think this is a bit too negative thinking..

What do you guys think?

Guest coffeebucks
Iam yet to receive mail from DIAC I checked with my agent today . They have not received it still.Dunno on what order they are sending emails

My Timeline

Thilagam

India

GSM 175

Computer Professionals nec

Sep 2008

I'm not sure the order, but my Surname starts with "C", (supposed to be early to receive)

but i received it this early morning,

which was later than some other people who received yesterday

Really have no idea what it implies.

But let's stay positive.

Guest ChittyChargo

Not recieved or heard anything off our agent.

Are they any people who are receiving the letters Ex Students.We are 886 Family Sponsor lodged Jan 2009 Onshore.

Not recieved or heard anything off our agent.

Are they any people who are receiving the letters Ex Students.We are 886 Family Sponsor lodged Jan 2009 Onshore.

I am, 886 family sponsored, lodged May 2009. Got the letter yesterday via our agent

We have been receiving emails since yesterday! :S

I hope they process all Priority 5 applications by next year. Some applicants have been waiting since 2008.

Next year?,

Well who could trust DIAC then?, when it is closer to next year we might end up in a new category, say Category 6?

Guest ChittyChargo
I am, 886 family sponsored, lodged May 2009. Got the letter yesterday via our agent

You are an Ex International Student aswell, thanks

my expectation that they will clear at least 12000 applicants from cat 5 this year in date of order which means at least most 2007, 2008 and i hope half 2009 applicants by the end of this financial year2011-2012 and probably they will start processing them from January, the rest around 30000 applicants will be cleared 2012-2013 financial year as no many new applicants will be able to apply for PR under the new harsh requirements imposed by DIAC, international students won’t be able anymore to make the 60 points to apply as they won’t have the experience required or the high level of English 8 in IELTS even though I was one of them and still feel for them, but at least they know what they are getting for their courses, myself I never wanted to stay here but when I been encouraged by the system to stay I gave it a shot and then I stuck and my choices became very limited I been left only with one choice is to wait and wait. Finger crossed guys the happy days are coming to all of us and we will have more choices in life. Thank you... light the candles.... because I have a good feeling this time. I just want to be happy tonight that is all, tomorrow things may get worse again.

:jiggy::arghh:

Name: dazla80 (darren and charlotte)

Date of Visa application: 09/06/11

Trade/profession: welder, first class

Visa type: 176 Family

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Post- 1st July Category:

Medicals submitted: No

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned: Not Yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Hi all, i have just recieved an email this morning saying i am a new cat 5, kind of in for a long wait now! how does cat 5 processing work? and how long have people been waiting? i read people from 2007 are still waiting, id love a rough idea of how long my life will be on hold (i guess everyone does)

thanks! charlotte

Guest leoj76
We have been receiving emails since yesterday! :S

I hope they process all Priority 5 applications by next year. Some applicants have been waiting since 2008.

Thanks to Jag Khairra...

if there any info regarding category % please keep us inform!!

Guest auzzycrazzy

Did any paper applicants get the email?

we are June 2009 family sponsored off shore applicants

we haven't received the email yet

getting worried now

Name: dazla80 (darren and charlotte)

Date of Visa application: 09/06/11

Trade/profession: welder, first class

Visa type: 176 Family

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Post- 1st July Category:

Medicals submitted: No

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned: Not Yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Hi all, i have just recieved an email this morning saying i am a new cat 5, kind of in for a long wait now! how does cat 5 processing work? and how long have people been waiting? i read people from 2007 are still waiting, id love a rough idea of how long my life will be on hold (i guess everyone does)

thanks! charlotte

Hi, sorry to here that:hug:, it is everyones nightmare, have you looked into state sponsorship? if not it might be worth going down that route or it will be forever waiting...........:twitcy:

Hi we're waiting for an email from DIAC before we decide what to do next. My husband is a first class welder and on the shedule 1 on the SOL list and our application was lodged by paper before july the 1st but have only just taken their payment, so we are not quite sure if we are in the right group. cat 4 is for occupations on that list. I think (and hope) they have made a mistake somewhere.

thanks!