New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Silent reader here for years. Thanks all for keeping everyone up to date on things.

Visa type: 886 Family sponsored

Studies: BBA

Apply date: 24th Dec, 2009.

Co date: 10th June, 2015.

Docs submitted: 23rd June, 2015. (Med, AFP, Abroad police check where visited during this period, Form 80.., Brothers birth cert)

PR approved: 1st July, 2015.

Its been a long wait and it is finally over. Hoping the same for each and everyone on this forum and for CAT 5 overall.

Hi all,

Silent reader here for years. Thanks all for keeping everyone up to date on things.

Visa type: 886 Family sponsored

Studies: BBA

Apply date: 24th Dec, 2009.

Co date: 10th June, 2015.

Docs submitted: 23rd June, 2015. (Med, AFP, Abroad police check where visited during this period, Form 80.., Brothers birth cert)

PR approved: 1st July, 2015.

Its been a long wait and it is finally over. Hoping the same for each and everyone on this forum and for CAT 5 overall.

Thats a relief

Hi guys,

I have been a silent reader for some time now after waiting too long for SC 176 to start. It's good to see some of our friends in 886 and 487 getting case officers. God knows when 176 will resume but meanwhile I have got a job offer from Abu Dhabi UAE and I am moving there next month. Wish me luck. I would stay tuned to this forum and to the Facebook group, as one day things may start rolling for 176 as well.

Edited by RR2014

Hi guys,

I have been a silent reader for some time now after waiting too long for SC 176 to start. It's good to see some of our friends in 886 and 487 getting case officers. God knows when 176 will resume but meanwhile I have got a job offer from Abu Dhabi UAE and I am moving there next month. Wish me luck. I would stay tuned to this forum and to the Facebook group, as one day things may start rolling for 176 as well.

That's the best thing to do - move on with life! good luck!

things do look hopeful now because we now know that they are going to process FS too but the waiting time is still unpredictable. Trying not to be very enthusiastic, I don't see 176 moving anywhere this year, maybe some of you 2007-8 guys may get COs but i feel we 2009 onwards people will have to wait until next financial year. But I know one thing - whenever our time comes, it will be the right time because God willed it so and it is up to us to make the best of it.

Good luck and people keep posting any updates you have.

Hi everyone,

I am a long time thread follower here. First post.

I have recently got the CO allocated on 26/06/2015. 886 Onshore lodged on 30/12/2009.

I have a question to people who also 886 Onshore and already got CO. Is anyone required to re-take the IELTS test? Or should we provide the same IELTS Result which lodged in 2009?

Here is the IELTS requirement from DIBP Document Checklist:

- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test result in which you obtained a test score of at least 6 in each of the four test components. The test must have been conducted in the three (3) years immediately before the day on which you were invited to apply for the visa.

- If you are claiming points for proficient or superior English, please provide a copy of your IELTS or OET test result that shows you have the relevant level of proficiency.

Everybody's journey is different. A year after finally getting PR we now have our citizenship. Yes there we some ups and downs, but with a bit of luck, lots of hard work and connecting and networking life is good. Hope the rest of the category 5's get processed soon so they too can gain control of their Australian journey.

Hi everyone,

I am a long time thread follower here. First post.

I have recently got the CO allocated on 26/06/2015. 886 Onshore lodged on 30/12/2009.

I have a question to people who also 886 Onshore and already got CO. Is anyone required to re-take the IELTS test? Or should we provide the same IELTS Result which lodged in 2009?

Here is the IELTS requirement from DIBP Document Checklist:

- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test result in which you obtained a test score of at least 6 in each of the four test components. The test must have been conducted in the three (3) years immediately before the day on which you were invited to apply for the visa.

- If you are claiming points for proficient or superior English, please provide a copy of your IELTS or OET test result that shows you have the relevant level of proficiency.

As far as I know and can guess, you should resubmit your initial IELTS result, what you showed to claim your points in terms of employement, education, etc at the time of your application is what is required. only Police certificate and medicals are current.

Edited by CaptainC
Removed link

I think most of the members left here waiting are offshore. Onshore applicants who are being allocated right now are more active in fb group.

yes most of us here are offshores, even if there is no movement in our cases, let us keep this thread alive as we have been doing for so long, even someone's random post is better than no post and makes one want to come back to check for updates with hope. Let's stick together as we are almost there now. Cheers!

yes most of us here are offshores, even if there is no movement in our cases, let us keep this thread alive as we have been doing for so long, even someone's random post is better than no post and makes one want to come back to check for updates with hope. Let's stick together as we are almost there now. Cheers!
Yes, I'm really hoping for our turn real soon!

Did check back occasionally couple weeks once. Offshore applicant here as well. So far nothing changed or good news for us 176. The only thing can cheer about is at least 886 applicants have started. Just hope they can be cleared within this financial year so we might still have chance to get processed next year.