New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Cook (886 family sponsored), lodged 05/10/2009 - CO 08/04/2015. Visa Granted 02/06/2015.........:wink:

Hi silentreader2009 can I ask when did you have all the required doc ready & submitted? And how long was it take for the CO to process your VISA after you submitted all extra doc? What doc did your CO required (health exam, AFP and your country's police check? etc.?)

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope this can be helpful to all my fellow member in group 5.http://www.iscah.com/wp_files/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/newsletter204.pdf

All 17000 176 applicants are primary applicants, or with family members?

Anyway , they are processing 886 applicants at this final moment means they are really going to clear the backlog. Because they reduced the invitations in last 2 months. I think this is a policy decision. Hope they continue to process 176 applicants at the same rate.:smile:

All 17000 176 applicants are primary applicants, or with family members?

Anyway , they are processing 886 applicants at this final moment means they are really going to clear the backlog. Because they reduced the invitations in last 2 months. I think this is a policy decision. Hope they continue to process 176 applicants at the same rate.:smile:

Hope so that the backlog of 176 is also cleared this fast.

Hey bro good news ? When did you apply,the exact date and the occupation if you dont mind telling us all

6/1/2010 applied on line..occupation translator 886 family sponsor..was quite shock to have received email from CO today..asking for AFP, Medical Examination and Passport Front Page..I have arranged Health Check tmr..But AFP would take 15 working days, I don't know if it's good news or bad news, because when I have AFP ready, it will be in July already, Don't know if they will stop processing when the new financial year comes. Do I wait until all documents ready to email to CO or shall I email him the Passport Page first? Or anyone knows I shall upload the document or email directly to CO?

cHEERS

6/1/2010 applied on line..occupation translator 886 family sponsor..was quite shock to have received email from CO today..asking for AFP, Medical Examination and Passport Front Page..I have arranged Health Check tmr..But AFP would take 15 working days, I don't know if it's good news or bad news, because when I have AFP ready, it will be in July already, Don't know if they will stop processing when the new financial year comes. Do I wait until all documents ready to email to CO or shall I email him the Passport Page first? Or anyone knows I shall upload the document or email directly to CO?

cHEERS

No they won't hold it.they want to clear the back log. The police certificate would take about a weeknot 15 days. And yes if you have the documents uploaf it now.

Hope so that the backlog of 176 is also cleared this fast.

They should eventually start processing 176 too, as they have processed all other visa classes in Cat 5 except us, it is just that it can take any amount of time. I think it will be something like the case of 175, though much slower, first they will clear 886 and then some 176. My guess is, either this Nov/Dec or Nov/Dec 2016 we can expect allocation of 176 to start a bit. But i do pray that I am wrong and they start much earlier and faster. Good luck everyone and keep coming here to update about any news.

And congrats to all 886 who are getting COs and Grants!

They should eventually start processing 176 too, as they have processed all other visa classes in Cat 5 except us, it is just that it can take any amount of time. I think it will be something like the case of 175, though much slower, first they will clear 886 and then some 176. My guess is, either this Nov/Dec or Nov/Dec 2016 we can expect allocation of 176 to start a bit. But i do pray that I am wrong and they start much earlier and faster. Good luck everyone and keep coming here to update about any news.

And congrats to all 886 who are getting COs and Grants!

I have a strong feeling that they continue to process all group 5 applicants.

They haven't processed all other visa classes in Cat 5 yet, Arshad. 475's are still waiting too. Our family member applied October 2008 :(

sorry for missing out, but basically what i mean is that now only those visa types who are Family Sponsored are left, so logically it is our turn. And some HR 175 too are waiting for grants but they do have COs and are undergoing security checks, if i am not mistaken.

Suraweeraneil: I believe so too but the pace is very hard to predict because prediction is difficult about what the immi is going to do.

cHEERS

No AFP only takes about 3-5 working days to receive. Do the online one it will save you lots of time. Last time I applied Mon & received Thur

Hi guys,

i am silent reader of this forum.

i want to share a gud news for my brother

who applied on 31 dec 2009 as cook

got co.

he is in overseas rt nw. Can he do medicals in overseas?

requested documents: pcc, medical and indian pcc.

thx.

Hi dec2009, i got a CO last week, and i am overseas, i am doing medicals, AFP, PCC... overseas, but for medicals there are only certain clinics approved by the australian immigration

Whats ur subclass? N what doc co requested you?

So means we can do medical in india itself ..

thanks..

Whats ur subclass? N what doc co requested you?

So means we can do medical in india itself ..

thanks..

Of course you can do medicals in India. You do not have to fly to Australia just to do that. Check out the approved list of medical facilities on the Immi website.

Hi all! Stay positive.

I applied 10 Feb 2010, online, subclass 886, marketing.

Got CO yesterday! Now just waiting on medicals and clearance.

Btw is anyone else doing it themselves without agent? Are you supposed to upload the additional documents online or reply to the Case Officer

Thanks! Good luck all.

friends people in another forum (886) are getting CO's now which is a good sign. i think it was never this fast for priority group 5. hope all the rest moves this fast. especially 176's. nothing heard about 176 so far. But a positive sign since it has began at least. so just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping or the best.