New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I've been a silent regular follower of this thread for a few years and am happy to say my family has recently been allocated a case officer.

Our details are as follows:

Subclass: Onshore 886 Family Sponsored

Type: Online

Migration Agent: None (Self Application)

Sponsor: Aunt (Mother's sister) who is an Australian citizen since 2007

Application date: 22 DEC 2009

Case officer: 09 JUN 2015

IELTS: 7.0 (15 points)

Education: Australian Bachelors Degree (5 points)

Total Points: 100 Points

Residence: Living in Perth WA since 2006 (including university)

Dependents: Spouse included in original 886 visa application and 2 Australian born children added later whilst on bridging visas.

Documents Requested: Form 1277, Form 80, Overseas & AFP Police checks, Medical Checks and Children's Australian Birth Certificates.

I've already got most of the requested documents ready to go and will be submitted it fairly soon, just waiting on the AFP checks.

Hoping to submit it all this financial year (FY) before they change their minds and when things may stagnate again!

Does anyone know if I will fall into next year's quota if I submit the documents after 1 JULY 2015 or have we already been allocated to this FY's quota as we contacted by the case officer this FY?

Hi all,

I've been a silent regular follower of this thread for a few years and am happy to say my family has recently been allocated a case officer.

Subclass: Onshore 886 Family Sponsored

Type: Online

Migration Agent: None (Self Application)

Sponsor: Aunt (Mother's sister) who is an Australian citizen since 2007

Application date: 22 DEC 2009

Case officer: 09 JUN 2015

IELTS: 7.0 (15 points)

Education: Australian Bachelors Degree (5 points)

Total Points: 100 Points

Residence: Living in Perth WA since 2006 (including university)

Dependents: Spouse included in original 886 visa application and 2 Australian born children added later whilst on bridging visas.

Documents Requested: Form 1277, Form 80, Overseas & AFP Police checks, Medical Checks and Children's Australian Birth Certificates.

I've already got most of the requested documents ready to go and will be submitted it fairly soon, just waiting on the AFP checks.

Hoping to submit it all this financial year (FY) before they change their minds and when things may stagnate again!

Does anyone know if I will fall into next year's quota if I submit the documents after 1 JULY 2015 or have we already been allocated to this FY's quota as we contacted by the case officer this FY?

Hey there mate ,

First of all i'd like to Congratulate you.You must be really excited.

As i've read in the forums it usually takes about 26 days for your visa to be granted from the day you aren allocated and regardless of which quota you fall into,it will only be a matter of a week atmost.and AFP checks come in about 5 days which i hope you've already done,so your visa will come fairly soon.

Hi all,

Thanks for coming here and informing us, you don't know how helpful it is in keeping our hopes high.

Anyone else who has had any progess in their application, PLEASE share with us otherwise we will keep sitting in the dark as nothing new appears on the website.

Edited by Arshad

Hope so Ronald Botham. Hoping for the best this year. Just hang on mate. Our turn will also come. Don't mind If 176 begins after 886. As long as we are assured that it will begin.
We've been waiting for years now, and yes with a lot of patience... this one has tested us quite a bit. But we still continue to enjoy this roller coaster... we have seen many come and go, in this forum... now we also want to move on as soon as possible.

Hi guys I just checked my Mimi account and the status has changed to information requested and the last update is 18th of June. Any idea what dies it mean I applied 886 online back in October 2009

thanks

You got a CO....congrats!

That CO might have sent you an email for details that are requested.