New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

I think its good news.....

same thing happened last year for 885 and i think 175(i could be wrong) got an email in october which pretty much said similar stuff about priority 5 will be processed and prepare you documents but u dont have a CO yet. i got a CO two weeks later and grant followed 3 weeks after...

i wish you all the best.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My agents (Aussie based) have always been cautious and conservative regarding claims about processing. This is the first time since priority processing was implemented they have said they think it is likely that our application will be processed and indicated that we need to make sure we are ready to accommodate any requests for further documents from the department. Also, look how the dept processed 16 000 category 5 applications between July 2014 and now! And there are only another 10 000 to go. I have hope that we will finally be processed.

Celeste...I have not checked these boards for awhile because it became too frustrating to keep checking over the last five years but now I see your post and another one. I am Family Sponsored 176 Offshore Priority 5 applied in April 2009..is there finally light at the end of the tunnel?

On the other hand, when I checked the allocation table..stills says "not currently allocating"...

Are they ever going to get to these? It seems like trying to climb a slippery slope...we keep falling down...they never actually get to the top of the slope so that they can finally start allocating the lowest applications on the ladder.....Family Sponsored 176 Offshore Priority 5

What application did you file? I think your post implied you were 176 but Family Sponsored Offshore or State Sponsored?

Edited by westwoodwizard

Which other post have u seen except for Celeste cause I cannt find one notification about the ministers announcement except the one mentioned by Celeste.

Celeste...I have not checked these boards for awhile because it became too frustrating to keep checking over the last five years but now I see your post and another one. I am Family Sponsored 176 Offshore Priority 5 applied in April 2009..is there finally light at the end of the tunnel?

On the other hand, when I checked the allocation table..stills says "not currently allocating"...

Are they ever going to get to these? It seems like trying to climb a slippery slope...we keep falling down...they never actually get to the top of the slope so that they can finally start allocating the lowest applications on the ladder.....Family Sponsored 176 Offshore Priority 5

Which other post have u seen except for Celeste cause I cannt find one notification about the ministers announcement except the one mentioned by Celeste.

Another post in another forum from another applicant discussing the processing of Family Sponsored 176 Offshore Priority 5 applications and in reference to the same topic.. Just general discussion and questions...I am not so obsessed as to know whether people are discussing an actual announcement or just something they dreamed of....the poster after me is actually correct...what announcement...I was just making a basic inquiry...

Edited by westwoodwizard

think there no annoucement till now... its only internal conversation amoung the departement an their registerred agent...

You are right..what announcement...I have no clue..I am just making a basic inquiry...when the other poster mentioned announcement I figured maybe there was one and I just didn't pay attention...I do not follow this that closely because I knew five years ago that it would easily take more than 5 years...I was just really responding to some posts that I read here and in one other forum so I thought I would pose a general question as to whether there maybe light at the end of the tunnel for my rock bottom category...haven't exactly stopped my life over this but still interested...

I am a family sponsored 176 offshore applicant, lodged in May 2010, and like you have gone on with my life although I am still interested in emigrating to Australia.

When I saw your post, somehow I thought maybe there was reason to believe that just maybe we are about to turn a corner here...if not...we will continue to think good thoughts...the irony is I think this entire time we could have found another visa category to apply under the current rules but we did not want to risk an additional $10,000 only to have the Australian government change the rules again retroactively....

Edited by westwoodwizard

I agree that we may be about to turn a corner. I couldn't believe it when I read the email. It really revived my hope that our applications will soon be processed and approved.

If there are just over 10 000 applications (priority 5) left in the system then sooner or later our turn will surely come.

My occupation also came up on a state sponsorship list late last year or early this year but my agents advised me that we would be looking at a ridiculous sum of money just to reapply and we would have had to sit IELTS again (although I am an English first language speaker with a degree) and redo the Aussie certification on my degree which would involve a lot of extra cash, time and energy. I decided that I'd rather sit tight and wait for our valid 176 application to processed.

Edited by Celeste

By the way, this thread has been amazing over the years. I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has taken the time to share and to encourage one another not to give up hope. Yes, we have had our ups and downs but it has provided a lot of moral support and kept the hope alive.

I agree that we may be about to turn a corner. I couldn't believe it when I read the email. It really revived my hope that our applications will soon be processed and approved.

If there are just over 10 000 applications (priority 5) left in the system then sooner or later our turn will surely come.

My occupation also came up on a state sponsorship list late last year or early this year but my agents advised me that we would be looking at a ridiculous sum of money just to reapply and we would have had to sit IELTS again (although I am an English first language speaker with a degree) and redo the Aussie certification on my degree which would involve a lot of extra cash, time and energy. I decided that I'd rather sit tight and wait for our valid 176 application to processed.

Same situation here. I did not want to go through the entire process again of IELTS even as a native English speaker, the skills assessment, application, documents, etc and spend $10,000. Just seemed like you know yes we have always been interested in emigrating to Australia but not at all costs. It is better to make the best of the present moment because the future is well...just a bunch of present moments strung together....and I guess when the time is right...it will happen...

In reference to the section " We have been advised that the “on hand” caseload of General Skilled Migration visa applications lodged before 1 July 2012 has reduced from 98,096 to 26,181 as at July 2014. This is a reduction of 73% of Priority Group 5 applications." from Celeste's post I found the below links on Google:

http://www.ilmaustralia.com/australian-skilled-migration-updates-2/

Regards,

Edited by raes

That all is perfect but after that they have just stopped allocating any category 5

Rahul!,we all are frustrated because of the time and money we have spent in getting to residency but it is what it is ,we cannot change it,we cannot alter it.we all have hopes,we come back to this forum to have a read at some good news,which I tell you is what we are getting.

we may get it we may not but our lives will have to go on.be patient.whenever I read your replies it kind of makes me feel more depressed and I believe many others feel the same way.

we have to hang on that's what we think.if you don't want to get your hopes high could you please not kill others ?

Guys..... dont take it bad! but Rahul is right....

until anyone get some news again, the news that Celste gave is still a suppusition from his agent!!!

those amoung us who spend $10,000, plz give ur agent an email or a call.. we will be fix after!!!

by the way i spend 3500$ to do my application including eilts, TRA 2times,the appication was 2060 $ at that time!!

I will stop posting if people find my posts depressing. But be real.

oh ! Being real(don't mean to start up a rant here),we all know that it's the real thing.No one knows,no one has been allocated a case officer,it has not started,no one knows when they'll start.But,hope is what we all are looking for everyone on this forum knows that deep inside it is the real thing,the uncertainty of our cases.

it is depressing they way you reply.If someone is a deep thinker then your being real has a very negative impact on them.as I said,we are looking for just that little hope,which we do get on this forum.at the end everyone knows what you are thinking and we all feel the same.

just saying.

so.... anyone here is using an a migration agent to get some news?????

The news that CELESTE gave is very interesting indeed.... i will make a complain to the departement I know it will be useless because they will not give any information.. last time i done so.. i didnt get any answer at all...