New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

''A new notice is now on the NSW State Government website for the next application intake for the 190 visa.Information includes that:

• NSW intake will open on 22 October with 1,000 places available
  • Revised NSW Skilled Occupation List (excluding Accountants and the majority of ICT workers for the October 2014 intake)

NSW is hoping that the numbers are less than last time and the intake is more moderated.

NSW will be moving away for the “first in, first served” approach in 2015.''

state government sponsors are taking more of the quota, This is a good news for us

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

''A new notice is now on the NSW State Government website for the next application intake for the 190 visa.Information includes that:

• Revised NSW Skilled Occupation List (excluding Accountants and the majority of ICT workers for the October 2014 intake)

NSW is hoping that the numbers are less than last time and the intake is more moderated.

state government sponsors are taking more of the quota, This is a good news for us

how is this good news?

I am in the same boat dude - 487 fs- May 2010. Really stuck badly....Doing full time job but life is completely stuffed......Got married and can't sponser my wife unless they grant me a visa......I thinking to apply her student visa now as we may have to wait for another 5-10 years......who knows.......

I hear you. I wanna get a de facto with my partner too who's currently on student visa. But that won't be possible until I get PR.

Curious what's the longest time anyone's been out with Bridging Visa B? I got granted for 3 months before but it was because of a family death.

I've got a question guys? I am currently on bridging visa A awaiting decision for 487 fs. If I apply my wife's student visa(from overseas ,provided she meets the eligibility criterion), would she face any problem due to my current visa status???

Anyone with similar scenario here in the forum??????

Your valuable suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Hi guys,....Read this,

Priority group 5 processing update ( received through Migration Institute of Australia)

We have received an update through MIA regarding the priority 5 skilled visa processing. The number of applications still in the pipeline is 10,361. The numbers of cases withdrawn over the last three program years were 1885 in 2012/13; 1776 in 2013/14; and 73 in the 2014/15 program year.

Applications that were allocated during the last program year (ending June 2014) are still being processed. Applicants will have been notified if their application was allocated.

Further information on processing priorities can be found at Fact Sheet 24a. The fact sheet also advises that applications with nominated occupations not on the SOL and not nominated by state or territory governments under a state migration plan will be processed under priority group 5 and case officers have no discretion change this priority processing direction.

10361 applicants ....In report of 2013-2014 report the total outcome is 5100 visa for skill regional in which 3321 and 1779 visa issue for onshore and offshore respectively.

thanks for the infor might consider this option too suraweeraneil.

are you considering to submit a new application?

Hi Everyone

I just received the following email from my immigration agent and I am sharing with you as there is indeed hope for us all.

"We are writing to provide you with an update on your current Subclass 176 visa application.

We wish to advise that the Hon Senator Michaelia Cash, Assistant Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, has provided an update on General Skilled Migration visa applications lodged before the introduction of SkillSelect on 1 July 2012. We have been advised that the “on hand” caseload of General Skilled Migration visa applications lodged before 1 July 2012 has reduced from 98,096 to 26,181 as at July 2014. This is a reduction of 73% of Priority Group 5 applications.

Since July 2014, the number of applications still in the pipeline is 10,361. Please see the attached document for more details regarding the current processing priority by the Department of Immigration.

As there has been a significant decrease in the number of applications still pending in the Priority Group 5, we believe that there is a likelihood that your visa application may be processed.

Based on our recent experience in the processing of the Subclass 175 visa applications, we wish to advise that there are particular documents that the Department of Immigration may request when these Priority Group 5 applications are being allocated to case officers. These documents include the following:

current passport

evidence of paid employment for the 3-4 years before your visa application was lodged

this can include tax statements, bank statements (showing payment of salary), a selection of payslips and employment references

medicals

police clearance certificates

Please note that we do not recommend applying for the medicals and police clearance certificates at this stage. These checks will only be requested if and when the Department of Immigration decides to process these applications and your file has been allocated to a case officer to be finalised..."

My agents (Aussie based) have always been cautious and conservative regarding claims about processing. This is the first time since priority processing was implemented they have said they think it is likely that our application will be processed and indicated that we need to make sure we are ready to accommodate any requests for further documents from the department. Also, look how the dept processed 16 000 category 5 applications between July 2014 and now! And there are only another 10 000 to go. I have hope that we will finally be processed.

Thanks for sharing Celeste

Hope you are right BUT let us wait until we recieve some individual communication from a CO before celebrating.

May be those who are using a migration agent should contact also just to check if they all saying the same thing!!