New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear fellow 176 FS,

I will be withdrawing my 176 application as I hv received my grant for 190 today. It has been a long 6years 5months 5days of wait for us and I am glad that it has finally come to an end. I wish to thank all of my fellow friends here for the advice and replies to my queries. Please do not give up hope of coming to Australia, if one way doesn't work we just have to find another way. One day, we

might be able to meet up in OZ land. Keep the hope alive.

Hi Christine

I am a new member and came across your post which I feel encouraged to apply new application. May I know if you reapplied by yourself or thru agent?

Sorry if u had mentioned it before. I am Dec 2008 176 and no news either for so long. I am going thru an agent but they requested me to withdraw my 176 application and quoted me a shocking price for a new application.Appreciate your reply n time. Thanks.

?

Dear fellow 176 FS' date='

I will be withdrawing my 176 application as I hv received my grant for 190 today. It has been a long 6years 5months 5days of wait for us and I am glad that it has finally come to an end. I wish to thank all of my fellow friends here for the advice and replies to my queries. Please do not give up hope of coming to Australia, if one way doesn't work we just have to find another way. One day, we might be able to meet up in OZ land. Keep the hope alive.[/quote']

Congratulations to you on ypur latest grant!

Hi SSL,

First application was done by ourselves and second application lodged using an agent. It was around this time last year that I decided to look up an agent to see if there are any other possibilities instead of continuing waiting for 176. My agent didn't think it will get processsed in another 4-6years. He advised us to relodged a new application but not necessary to withdraw the old application yet. And of course, visa application fees have gone up considerably compared to 6 years ago. It was a huge gamble for me; I risk losing my new application fee if 176 did get processed. My grant letter for 190 has advised me to withdraw any pending visa application.

Everything has to be redone including IELTS, VETASSESS assessment, PCC n medicals. My occupation was dropped from the Skilled Occupation List years ago but luckily was on Queensland CSOL. Based on my agent's assesment, I stand a very good chance of getting my 190 and I have not looked back since.

Try to see if there are any possibilties available to relodge a new application. You will have to bear in mind that you will never get your application fee back if you withdraw your first application. Good luck mate!

Edited by ChristineChew

Hi SSL,

First application was done by ourselves and second application lodged using an agent. It was around this time last year that I decided to look up an agent to see if there are any other possibilities instead of continuing waiting for 176. My agent didn't think it will get processsed in another 4-6years. He advised us to relodged a new application but not necessary to withdraw the old application yet. And of course, visa application fees have gone up considerably compared to 6 years ago. It was a huge gamble for me; I risk losing my new application fee if 176 did get processed. My grant letter for 190 has advised me to withdraw any pending visa application.

Everything has to be redone including IELTS, VETASSESS assessment, PCC n medicals. My occupation was dropped from the Skilled Occupation List years ago but luckily was on Queensland CSOL. Based on my agent's assesment, I stand a very good chance of getting my 190 and I have not looked back since.

Try to see if there are any possibilties available to relodge a new application. You will have to bear in mind that you will never get your application fee back if you withdraw your first application. Good luck mate!

Many thanks Christine for your reply. Yes I have been looking for alternatives but was afraid as money is a constraint. would you mind pm me which agent you when thru and ard how much you have spent for the new application?Not sure if we are in the same country but my agent has not been updating me since a long time :( Thanks.

Many thanks Christine for your reply. Yes I have been looking for alternatives but was afraid as money is a constraint. would you mind pm me which agent you when thru and ard how much you have spent for the new application?Not sure if we are in the same country but my agent has not been updating me since a long time :( Thanks.

No update for September 2014, seems that they dont have anything to f..king update , ha ha

hI! the link to the allocation table is blocked, the following error occurs(http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-)times.aspx

401 UNAUTHORIZED

are u guys getting the same error

Yep.. since a few hours back.. it either means they are updating, or something more sinister.. i wouldn't put past anything from DIBP now!

I am using Australia Relocation Services. They service Malaysia and Singapore. A new visa application depends on what category of visa you are applying and how many dependents you are including in your application. A check using visa cost estimator will tell you how much its going to cost. My new visa application was AUD7040 as I have included my spouse and 2 children. Agent fees, VETASSESS, translations, IELTS×2, State sponsorship fee, PCC and medicals will cost another AUD5000 (estimated).

Hope this helps.

Hi everyone

I'm losing patience. I applied for 886 FS in February 2010. Can't believe it's been four years+ (almost 5!). Waiting for this PR has stopped me from taking a gap year just to travel.

Not even sure what to do now. Should we reapply for a new subclass?

My friend who applied around the same time with 885 already got his PR and citizenship. Seems like it's just us now.

Furthermore, family member keeps asking the status of my application like I don't follow it up. So frustrating.

*vent over*

Anymore 886ers in this thread?

Edited by theri

dont worry buddy,,, given the times these bastards play with the life, it aint matter dude... these C*NTS will process the app... give some breathing space... who cares who got citizen ship.. its you who matters wether you got a job or not... you need to bust u r balls to work for food dude.. citizenship aint gonna feed you... live your life happy and entertained... cheers buddy..

dont worry buddy,,, given the times these bastards play with the life, it aint matter dude... these C*NTS will process the app... give some breathing space... who cares who got citizen ship.. its you who matters wether you got a job or not... you need to bust u r balls to work for food dude.. citizenship aint gonna feed you... live your life happy and entertained... cheers buddy..

haha thanks for that ;)

I am using Australia Relocation Services. They service Malaysia and Singapore. A new visa application depends on what category of visa you are applying and how many dependents you are including in your application. A check using visa cost estimator will tell you how much its going to cost. My new visa application was AUD7040 as I have included my spouse and 2 children. Agent fees, VETASSESS, translations, IELTS×2, State sponsorship fee, PCC and medicals will cost another AUD5000 (estimated).

Hope this helps.

Many thanks Christine for your reply and advises! Will take note into it and need some real thinking what should I do next.

Wishing you and your family have a wonderful start in Australia and hope we all that are still waiting could too someday. Cheers~

Edited by SLL

Hi everyone

I'm losing patience. I applied for 886 FS in February 2010. Can't believe it's been four years+ (almost 5!). Waiting for this PR has stopped me from taking a gap year just to travel.

Not even sure what to do now. Should we reapply for a new subclass?

My friend who applied around the same time with 885 already got his PR and citizenship. Seems like it's just us now.

Furthermore, family member keeps asking the status of my application like I don't follow it up. So frustrating.

*vent over*

Anymore 886ers in this thread?

I am in the same boat dude - 487 fs- May 2010. Really stuck badly....Doing full time job but life is completely stuffed......Got married and can't sponser my wife unless they grant me a visa......I thinking to apply her student visa now as we may have to wait for another 5-10 years......who knows.......