New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zahoorahmad

What's your opinion about it?(IGIS reply)

You have made a complaint to the Inspector General of Intelligence and Security. We do not process visa applications or make security assessments. The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) is the agency responsible for conducting security assessments. We are able to review ASIO actions to provide assurance that they are legal and proper.

Visa applications often take more than 12 months to process, particularly if they require a security assessment. If your visa application was lodged less than 12 months ago, we do not ordinarily take any action. Also, if we have already looked into a complaint about this visa application in the last 6 months, we might not take any further action at this time.

We will use the information you have provided to investigate your complaint, and may contact ASIO or the Department of Immigration and Border Protection about this visa application in order to check the handling of any security assessment which may be associated with the application.

We can check whether or not ASIO is acting unreasonably or has made a processing error but we are not able to direct them to change the priority of a case, or make the process quicker for a particular applicant. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection may be able to prioritise your application in extenuating circumstances.

Where we identify an issue requiring resolution, we liaise with the relevant agencies about the issue. Where possible we will advise you in general terms of the outcome. Please note that it may be two to four weeks before we are able to respond to you.

zahoorahmad

What's your opinion about it?(IGIS reply)

You have made a complaint to the Inspector General of Intelligence and Security. We do not process visa applications or make security assessments. The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) is the agency responsible for conducting security assessments. We are able to review ASIO actions to provide assurance that they are legal and proper.

Visa applications often take more than 12 months to process, particularly if they require a security assessment. If your visa application was lodged less than 12 months ago, we do not ordinarily take any action. Also, if we have already looked into a complaint about this visa application in the last 6 months, we might not take any further action at this time.

We will use the information you have provided to investigate your complaint, and may contact ASIO or the Department of Immigration and Border Protection about this visa application in order to check the handling of any security assessment which may be associated with the application.

We can check whether or not ASIO is acting unreasonably or has made a processing error but we are not able to direct them to change the priority of a case, or make the process quicker for a particular applicant. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection may be able to prioritise your application in extenuating circumstances.

Where we identify an issue requiring resolution, we liaise with the relevant agencies about the issue. Where possible we will advise you in general terms of the outcome. Please note that it may be two to four weeks before we are able to respond to you.

mar1380 it is fine. It's their standard reply. Whenever you query they reply in two episodes in the 1st one they say that we will contact ASIO and get back to you and in the 2nd one after contacting ASIO they give the actual reply.

It is absolutely fine and standard.

Hi everyone, I was hoping if anyone could help me out with this. We had applied for 475 regional sponsored online on May 24,2010. One of the co-applicants was 19 so he was a dependent co-applicant. Now that he has turned 23, would he be granted the visa when it comes , along with the other applicants ? And is there any hope for us to be granted our visas anytime soon ? Can he apply for a student visa meanwhile ? Please do help me with these issues

Hi gwheng,

I took a gamble n decided to lodge a new application instead of waiting. Took less than 3 mths to be assigned a case officer for my 190. Now in the last stage of submitting my health n pcc. Good luck in ur new application. If you get a chance, grab it. It might not come your way again

Hi ChristineCHew

my mate applied same subclass as you 190 about 2 mth ago, and he told me this morning that he got a letter from the dept that they granted him with PR status already.

shocking.... ppl wait for 2mth got their PR already, believe yours will be soon too.

Hi guys,

Has anyone been granted a visa for G5 recently? It looks like DIBP hasn't started processing G5 since last year.

it said on the Immi site currently not allocating, so don't think anyone on 176,475,487,496,886 G5 are getting allocated :(

Edited by gwheng

According to the Minister's report, We may have a chance at the end of this program year. Pls read http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/sm/2014/sm217814.htm

Out of 128550 skill places, 47450 places allocated for employer sponsored, 6160 places for business innovation, 24656 places for government sponsored. At the same time 28544 invitations were made in the 2013-2014 migration program. Balance 21740 may have gone for 885 and 175 applicants. So, if the same pattern continues in this year, as there are no 175 and 885 applicants, 886 and 176 applicants will be given the balance places.

Wait IS THE ONLY ANSWER AVAILABLE

weak!!!! last year this month they allocated less than 1000 places for independent, so they could allocate cat5, but this year they hvnt done that. theve only increased it.. which means no places fr cat5.

You're right, looks like they don't allocate any visa places for G5 this year. That's really weird. They wanted us to drop our application or infinite waiting.

According to the Minister's report, We may have a chance at the end of this program year. Pls read http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/sm/2014/sm217814.htm

Out of 128550 skill places, 47450 places allocated for employer sponsored, 6160 places for business innovation, 24656 places for government sponsored. At the same time 28544 invitations were made in the 2013-2014 migration program. Balance 21740 may have gone for 885 and 175 applicants. So, if the same pattern continues in this year, as there are no 175 and 885 applicants, 886 and 176 applicants will be given the balance places.

Wait IS THE ONLY ANSWER AVAILABLE

encouraging news but dont get your hopes up, until you see your respective file being allocated to co

last year invitations were as follows.

[TABLE=class: table-100, width: 691]

[TR]

[TH]Visa Subclass[/TH]

[TH]July[/TH]

[TH]Aug[/TH]

[TH]Sept[/TH]

[TH]Oct[/TH]

[TH]Nov[/TH]

[TH]Dec[/TH]

[TH]Total[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled - Independent (subclass 189)[/TD]

[TD=class: right]2300[/TD]

[TD=class: right]2300[/TD]

[TD=class: right]1842[/TD]

[TD=class: right]1900[/TD]

[TD=class: right]1866[/TD]

[TD=class: right]1774[/TD]

[TD=class: right]11 982[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Regional Provisional (subclass 489)[/TD]

[TD=class: right]200[/TD]

[TD=class: right]144[/TD]

[TD=class: right]80[/TD]

[TD=class: right]100[/TD]

[TD=class: right]66[/TD]

[TD=class: right]72[/TD]

[TD=class: right]662[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Total[/TD]

[TD=class: right]2500[/TD]

[TD=class: right]2444[/TD]

[TD=class: right]1922[/TD]

[TD=class: right]2000[/TD]

[TD=class: right]1932[/TD]

[TD=class: right]1846[/TD]

[TD=class: right]12 644

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This year July 2500 and August 2500, So , only a slight difference

Edited by suraweeraneil
grammer

Good news for Family sponsored 176 and 886

Please refer this link to read.

http://www.iscah.com/wp_files/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/newsletter195.pdf

check the content no 5.

Allocation of Priority Group 5 applications

The remaining unallocated Priority Group 5 applications are family sponsored. Family sponsored applications are part of the State, Territory and Regional Nominated category which has a total planning level of 28 850 visa places for the 2014-15 programme year. The number of Priority Group 5 applications processed in the 2014–15 programme year will depend on the number of higher priority applications received, and other factors, including the size of the Migration Programme and its composition, and any variation of the Direction.Current allocation dates for General Skilled Migration applications are available.

Also read Content 12.

Miscellaneous DIBP Information.

Some useful information from DIBP ..

The 457 minimum salary level (TSMIT) will not be raised from $53,900 for the 2014/2015 program year. The top five countries of origin for GSM applicants for this program year so far are: India, China, Pakistan, the UK and the Philippines;

The top 5 skilled occupation for this program year so far are: Accountant, Registered Nurse,

Software Engineer, Cook and Systems Administrator;

The 'onhand' caseload for Pre SkillSelect sub classes has reduced from 98,09...6 at July 2012,

to 26,181 at July 2014, a reduction of 73%

Since the introduction of SkillSelect in July 2012, the GSM pipeline for those subclasses has

reduced by 42,130 applicants or 43%;

342 primary Significant Investor Visas have been granted, resulting in 1.71 billion dollars

being invested in the Australian economy

Hope this news get some relief for fellow group 5 members.

Edited by saras712

Dear Saras712

This is really nice of you to post any news that you have even after you have got your grant becasue most people just disappear after getting their ticket to OZ, but that is understandable and ok. I just wanted to say thanks buddy.

As for what this update means, it needs too much analysis which i am just not inclined to do becasue at the end of the day, its only when you get a mail from a CO it really means someone has moved the dust from your file. so I would rather wait then get my hope high on logic and past trends because nothing really works in the case of Family Sponsored. but it is clear that we are almost the only people left in Cat 5, something most of us guessed. thanks again.

Please refer this link to read.

http://www.iscah.com/wp_files/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/newsletter195.pdf

check the content no 5.

Allocation of Priority Group 5 applications

The remaining unallocated Priority Group 5 applications are family sponsored. Family sponsored applications are part of the State, Territory and Regional Nominated category which has a total planning level of 28 850 visa places for the 2014-15 programme year. The number of Priority Group 5 applications processed in the 2014–15 programme year will depend on the number of higher priority applications received, and other factors, including the size of the Migration Programme and its composition, and any variation of the Direction.Current allocation dates for General Skilled Migration applications are available.

Also read Content 12.

Miscellaneous DIBP Information.

Some useful information from DIBP ..

The 457 minimum salary level (TSMIT) will not be raised from $53,900 for the 2014/2015 program year. The top five countries of origin for GSM applicants for this program year so far are: India, China, Pakistan, the UK and the Philippines;

The top 5 skilled occupation for this program year so far are: Accountant, Registered Nurse,

Software Engineer, Cook and Systems Administrator;

The 'onhand' caseload for Pre SkillSelect sub classes has reduced from 98,09...6 at July 2012,

to 26,181 at July 2014, a reduction of 73%

Since the introduction of SkillSelect in July 2012, the GSM pipeline for those subclasses has

reduced by 42,130 applicants or 43%;

342 primary Significant Investor Visas have been granted, resulting in 1.71 billion dollars

being invested in the Australian economy

Thanks heaps for providing this statistics Saras.....I strongly beleive that fs backlog will be cleared soon.

One of my friend got 487 fs granted yesterday.....Applied Dec 09 and case was opened in Dec 2013, decided yesterday........

Dear fellow 176 FS,

I will be withdrawing my 176 application as I hv received my grant for 190 today. It has been a long 6years 5months 5days of wait for us and I am glad that it has finally come to an end. I wish to thank all of my fellow friends here for the advice and replies to my queries. Please do not give up hope of coming to Australia, if one way doesn't work we just have to find another way. One day, we might be able to meet up in OZ land. Keep the hope alive.

Edited by ChristineChew

Yes, things are not moving in our favor. Out of 29000+ places for sponsored category, state nominations are getting the major share. amalgamation of the state sponsor and family sponsor ,resulted in loosing more places from FS category to State sponsorship. Last year 24656 places are gone for them. This year 2737 places are gone in first 2 months. So, same results could expect. Also Higher backlog of state sponsor category.

Last year first 3 months 6866 invitations for the first 3 months. This year 7777, 911 increase

Only hope is get some quota from independent category. As they clear the 175 and 885 backlog last year, there can be some space for us. Also around 25,000 pre-select applicants remaining in the pipe line.

Waited July, August- no result, Waiting another 5 days for September allocation table announcement. If they do something , as per the last years experience they should start something in October or November.

'May God Bless us"

Dear fellow 176 FS,

I will be withdrawing my 176 application as I hv received my grant for 190 today. It has been a long 6years 5months 5days of wait for us and I am glad that it has finally come to an end. I wish to thank all of my fellow friends here for the advice and replies to my queries. Please do not give up hope of coming to Australia, if one way doesn't work we just have to find another way. One day, we might be able to meet up in OZ land. Keep the hope alive.

hi Christine

Congratulation :)

I'm in the process of preparing all my documents to submit 189 application , seating for my ielts exam mid next mth.