New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Dear Forums Member,

yesterday one of my friend grant his 886 fs visa. Applied Sept2010 File open May 2013, Again file open August 2014 ( New case officer) yesterday 20 August 2014 Grant his Fs 886 Visa.

Hope so our turn will come next ....

cat 5??

i had applied on 22 April 2010 i haven't heard anything till date. now that arises few more questions.and it's 886 fs too

I guess at the moment they are just finishing up the few 886 applications they allocated earlier, but got stuck due to end of financial year. If they'd started allocating 886 or 176 again, we'd probably know. As to why a September 2010 was allocated (and granted now) and you haven't head since April 2010 I don't know, but could it be because of online and paper application? Paper application I reckon lags online by few months usually.. anyway good luck man, try calling them may be?

they've increased eoi quotas for family sponsored,, another hit for cat 5.

No, they have not. This is the last invitation round details.

The table below shows the number of invitations issued in the SkillSelect invitation round on 11 August 2014.

[TABLE=class: table-50]

Number of invitations issued in the SkillSelect invitation round on 11 August 2014 [TR]

[TH]Visa subclass[/TH]

[TH=class: text-align-right]Number[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled - Independent (subclass 189)[/TD]

[TD=class: text-align-right]1250[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled - Regional Provisional (subclass 489)[/TD]

[TD=class: text-align-right]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Good effort of data collection. but let me add something here, 1 invitation and application lodged does not mean 1 visa, there are more than one persons in one application and if it is a family of 4 then 4 available allocations are given to them

13825 nominations for state government sponsorship means at least double number of allocated places were used by them, but most likely more. the numbers of visas the govt is going to give each year is not the number of applicants approved but total number of people included in the applications approved.

It's a pity but that's how it works, and that's why they finish so early!

This is so funny. They process 175 and 885 but not 176 and 886, Same group 5 professions. They will have some point if they would have done on the other way. Because they are saving some money through them as they will not give financial assistance for family sponsor migrants in first 2 years. If they do not want group 5 applicants , they would have rejected us earlier. Only answer they have is the word 'Quota' and 'ministers directions'. It shows Australian policy makers are stupid nuts.

This is so funny. They process 175 and 885 but not 176 and 886, Same group 5 professions. They will have some point if they would have done on the other way. Because they are saving some money through them as they will not give financial assistance for family sponsor migrants in first 2 years. If they do not want group 5 applicants , they would have rejected us earlier. Only answer they have is the word 'Quota' and 'ministers directions'. It shows Australian policy makers are stupid nuts.

Waiting period doesn't apply to family assistance payments.

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/newly-arrived-residents-waiting-period

Regardless you are Independent or Family sponsor, if you have children you will receive financial assistance from the government through:

1. Family Tax Benefit. http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/family-tax-benefit-part-a-part-b

2. Child Dental Benefit. http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/medicare/child-dental-benefits-schedule

Good effort of data collection. but let me add something here, 1 invitation and application lodged does not mean 1 visa, there are more than one persons in one application and if it is a family of 4 then 4 available allocations are given to them

13825 nominations for state government sponsorship means at least double number of allocated places were used by them, but most likely more. the numbers of visas the govt is going to give each year is not the number of applicants approved but total number of people included in the applications approved.

It's a pity but that's how it works, and that's why they finish so early!

Arshad is right. I have 3 secondary applicants included in my application.

Waiting period doesn't apply to family assistance payments.

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/newly-arrived-residents-waiting-period

Regardless you are Independent or Family sponsor, if you have children you will receive financial assistance from the government through:

1. Family Tax Benefit. http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/family-tax-benefit-part-a-part-b

2. Child Dental Benefit. http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/medicare/child-dental-benefits-schedule

What is required of sponsors?

You must be either an Australian citizen or a permanent resident and must be aged 18 years or over. However, if you are under 18 years and sponsoring a spouse, parent or fiancés or fiancées, your parent or close relative, guardian and in some cases even a community organisation may sponsor. In many cases (but never spouse cases) you must also have been resident here for a reasonable period (currently regarded as two years by DIAC unless exceptional circumstances exist). You must ensure that your relative will have accommodation and sufficient money to look after themself for at least 12 months after arrival. A promise is required that you will provide general information and advice to help your relative settle

has anyone checked their immi account yet ?? they have changed the layout now.And i was wondering if it's just mine or has everyone been getting "processing (wait for the department to contact you)" ?

Same for me too.....I think this is a positive sign.....Lets see what happens next??????:smile:

has anyone checked their immi account yet ?? they have changed the layout now.And i was wondering if it's just mine or has everyone been getting "processing (wait for the department to contact you)" ?

Hmm...interesting. Mine is still showing "in progress" however, when looking to "Next steps" section I see the list of my documents and their status as "received". Last week when I checked, at the section "next steps" I had the message "No next steps available".

At the end of this week, if they update the allocation table, maybe we will understand more. Or maybe not.

Hmm...interesting. Mine is still showing "in progress" however, when looking to "Next steps" section I see the list of my documents and their status as "received". Last week when I checked, at the section "next steps" I had the message "No next steps available".

At the end of this week, if they update the allocation table, maybe we will understand more. Or maybe not.

which visa subclass are you ? and when did you apply ? .also,can you check below,where there's your name and all?

which visa subclass are you ? and when did you apply ? .also,can you check below,where there's your name and all?

30.05.2008, online, 176 FS (cat5), offshore, ASCO 2299-79; High risk country;

22.05.2012 - app. processed further;

05.06.2012 - checked by phone employment details;

I checked where is my name and all documents, but I didn't see anything looking like your message.