New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Dear friends, please update still only few of them in our glow board.

please every one's sent email to immigration minister. if our voice is joint then it should work otherwise this try again not useful for us...THANKS

hI! gUYS

hope most of you ;l have written to the minister

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sent the letter.

Received the automatic reply as follows:

Automatic reply: Request for starting GSM 176 and 475 Family Sponsored Category 5 (offshore) visa processing

Inbox

Minister's Mailbox

Thank you for your correspondence. Your email to the Hon Scott Morrison MP, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection has been received

Important Notice: If you have received this email by mistake, please advise

the sender and delete the message and attachments immediately. This email,

including attachments, may contain confidential, sensitive, legally privileged

and/or copyright information. Any review, retransmission, dissemination

or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the

intended recipient is prohibited. DIBP respects your privacy and has

obligations under the Privacy Act 1988. The official departmental privacy

policy can be viewed on the department's website at http://www.immi.gov.au. See:

http://www.immi.gov.au/functional/privacy.htm

Edited by RR2014

Just sent the letter.

Received the automatic reply as follows:

Automatic reply: Request for starting GSM 176 and 475 Family Sponsored Category 5 (offshore) visa processing

Inbox

Minister's Mailbox

Thank you for your correspondence. Your email to the Hon Scott Morrison MP, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection has been received

Important Notice: If you have received this email by mistake, please advise

the sender and delete the message and attachments immediately. This email,

including attachments, may contain confidential, sensitive, legally privileged

and/or copyright information. Any review, retransmission, dissemination

or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the

intended recipient is prohibited. DIBP respects your privacy and has

obligations under the Privacy Act 1988. The official departmental privacy

policy can be viewed on the department's website at www.immi.gov.au. See:

http://www.immi.gov.au/functional/privacy.htm

i got this automatic reply, from the mail has gone to his waste paper bin, f**king patetic bas*a*d..

hi Guys

just out of curiosity, I'm browsing through immi site and came across the new type subclass visa.

surprisingly they offering family sponsorship with 3mth processing time under group 4, honestly we been waiting more than 4 years now and there are no interest for Immi to process us even some of us are highly skills employee.

I just find this fxxxing stupid....., im thinking to burn another whatever fees it is and submit another application.

Processing times – skilled migration applications affected by processing priorities

The below table describes the processing times for skilled migration visa subclasses.

[TABLE=class: inline, width: 1]

[TR]

[TH]Priority Group Number

[/TH]

[TH]Visa Subclass

[/TH]

[TH]Processing Time

[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1

[/TD]

[TD]RSMS

(subclass 119, 857)

Skilled Regional

[/TD]

[TD]Low risk – 5 months

High risk – 8 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect

(subclass 187)

[/TD]

[TD]6 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2

[/TD]

[TD]ENS

(subclass 121, 856)

[/TD]

[TD]Low risk – 5 months

High risk – 8 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect

(subclass 186)

[/TD]

[TD]6 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]SMP

(subclass 176, 475, 487, 886)

[/TD]

[TD]12 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect SMP

(subclass 190 and 489)

[/TD]

[TD]3 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4

[/TD]

[TD]Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1

(subclass 175, 495, 496, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885 and 176, 475, 487 if not SMP)

[/TD]

[TD]18 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect Independent and Family Sponsored

(subclass 189 and 489)

[/TD]

[TD]3 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5

[/TD]

[TD]All visas listed in priority 3 and 4 that are not SMP or Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1

[/TD]

[TD]Assessment will commence when all cases in priority groups 1-4 are

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This shows that there are not much applicants under family sponsored category in high priority groups. Our chance should come sooner than later.

Gagan, Are you in a position to give us any hint? Frustrated by being in the pipeline for more than 5.5 years.

This shows that there are not much applicants under family sponsored category in high priority groups. Our chance should come sooner than later.

Gagan, Are you in a position to give us any hint? Frustrated by being in the pipeline for more than 5.5 years.

Hi! Guys i received the following response today after about 1 Month from writing the letter to the minister

Dear Mr .............

I refer to your correspondence of 17 July to the Assistant Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash, concerning the processing of offshore General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa applications. As the responsible business area for these applications, GSM has been asked to respond on behalf of the Minister.

In your correspondence you have expressed several concerns about the processing of family sponsored applicants for Skilled Sponsored (subclass 176) and Skilled Regional Sponsored (subclass 475) visas and requested information about when these applications will be processed further.

Processing of GSM visa applications

The subclass 176 and subclass 475 are GSM visas and the processing of GSM visa applications is subject to both visa planning levels as expressed in the Migration Programme and priority processing arrangements affecting the order in which applications are processed.

Your correspondence is in relation to applications in priority group 5 under the current Ministerial Direction and part of the State/territory and regional nominated category (STRN) category, which includes family sponsored applications, under the Migration Programme.

The total planning level for the STRN category for the 2014-2015 programme year is 28 850 visa places and these places are allocated in accordance with priority processing arrangements as follows:

• state and territory nominated subclass 190 and 489 applications; then

• state and territory nominated subclass 475, 487, 176 and 886 applications; then

• family sponsored subclass 489 applications; and then

• any other STRN GSM applications.

The department cannot advise when further family sponsored priority group 5 applications will be processed as this remains subject to the number of higher priority applications received under the current direction.

Information on the processing of STRN applications and priority group 5 applications can be found on the department’s website.

See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/processing-srs.html

See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/gsm-priority5-processing.htm

Processing of priority group 5 applications in the 2013-2014 programme year

With respect to the processing of priority group 5 applications in the 2013-2014 programme year I can advise that Migration Programme planning levels take precedence over the Ministerial Direction in determining the order in which applications are considered.

In accordance with Migration Programme planning level requirements, the department did process some applications in priority group 5 with the majority of applications processed being those for Skilled Independent visas.

Payment of the visa application charge and refund requests

The payment of the visa application charge (VAC) is a requirement to make a valid visa application and is not a processing fee.

Requests for refunds of the VAC are considered in accordance with migration legislation but are generally not payable where an applicant decides to withdraw their application because of extended processing times.

Processing of illegal maritime arrivals

In relation to your comments regarding processing of illegal maritime arrivals I can assure you that processing of applications in the Refugee and Humanitarian Programme has no impact on the processing of skilled migration applications.

The department acknowledges your concerns about the time it has taken to process these applications; however, the department is required to process applications in line with the Migration Programme planning levels and the Ministerial Direction. Information about processing of GSM applications will continue to be published on the department’s website and can be accessed using the links given above.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact the Assistant Minister. If you have any further queries in relation to this matter you can contact me by replying to this email address.

Colin Drysdale

Director - General Skilled Migration

Adelaide

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Email: GSM.Business.Support@immi.gov.au

Hi! Guys i received the following response today after about 1 Month from writing the letter to the minister

Dear Mr .............

I refer to your correspondence of 17 July to the Assistant Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash, concerning the processing of offshore General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa applications. As the responsible business area for these applications, GSM has been asked to respond on behalf of the Minister.

In your correspondence you have expressed several concerns about the processing of family sponsored applicants for Skilled Sponsored (subclass 176) and Skilled Regional Sponsored (subclass 475) visas and requested information about when these applications will be processed further.

Processing of GSM visa applications

The subclass 176 and subclass 475 are GSM visas and the processing of GSM visa applications is subject to both visa planning levels as expressed in the Migration Programme and priority processing arrangements affecting the order in which applications are processed.

Your correspondence is in relation to applications in priority group 5 under the current Ministerial Direction and part of the State/territory and regional nominated category (STRN) category, which includes family sponsored applications, under the Migration Programme.

The total planning level for the STRN category for the 2014-2015 programme year is 28 850 visa places and these places are allocated in accordance with priority processing arrangements as follows:

• state and territory nominated subclass 190 and 489 applications; then

• state and territory nominated subclass 475, 487, 176 and 886 applications; then

• family sponsored subclass 489 applications; and then

• any other STRN GSM applications.

The department cannot advise when further family sponsored priority group 5 applications will be processed as this remains subject to the number of higher priority applications received under the current direction.

Information on the processing of STRN applications and priority group 5 applications can be found on the department’s website.

See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/processing-srs.html

See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/gsm-priority5-processing.htm

Processing of priority group 5 applications in the 2013-2014 programme year

With respect to the processing of priority group 5 applications in the 2013-2014 programme year I can advise that Migration Programme planning levels take precedence over the Ministerial Direction in determining the order in which applications are considered.

In accordance with Migration Programme planning level requirements, the department did process some applications in priority group 5 with the majority of applications processed being those for Skilled Independent visas.

Payment of the visa application charge and refund requests

The payment of the visa application charge (VAC) is a requirement to make a valid visa application and is not a processing fee.

Requests for refunds of the VAC are considered in accordance with migration legislation but are generally not payable where an applicant decides to withdraw their application because of extended processing times.

Processing of illegal maritime arrivals

In relation to your comments regarding processing of illegal maritime arrivals I can assure you that processing of applications in the Refugee and Humanitarian Programme has no impact on the processing of skilled migration applications.

The department acknowledges your concerns about the time it has taken to process these applications; however, the department is required to process applications in line with the Migration Programme planning levels and the Ministerial Direction. Information about processing of GSM applications will continue to be published on the department’s website and can be accessed using the links given above.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact the Assistant Minister. If you have any further queries in relation to this matter you can contact me by replying to this email address.

Colin Drysdale

Adelaide

Hello Vanddir1,

Could you please reply him,

ask as per immigration planning said cat 5 application would be process when all higher priority application is finalised ( fake hope)

how to higher priority application is finalised because every day's , every week's , every month 's Department receiving lot of higher priority application such as 190, 489, it means this would be never finalised until stop new application. that's way our turn never would be come.

On the other side DIBP say they will not bear fake immigrant but now what they are doing. published fake hope in their website . so no one challenge them.

According to this wording we can say( I will do but I don't know when will be do). so nobody can challenge this. So department play same game with us directly they are saying our application will be process when higher priority application be finalised but department know that this application never finalised due to daily new too many application receiving by department.

ask This question to Mr Colin may be they explain.

Pls don't be dismayed by the mail recieved. at least it is a polite mail, asking us to wait which we are already doing, but the main thing here is that by they have had to notice us on recieving our mails. so everyone who has not written before please do send a mail so that they are bombarded by our mails and realise that we are not ready to sit quietly, and they may just reach some decision about what to do wtih us in their next planning meeting.

Our main aim is to make them notice us which we are successful in doing, and which is the most we can do in our situation.

But a question: why write only to the assistant minister for immigration? why not the minister himself? pls can someone post all the email addresses you have sent the mails to, to make it easy for others to just copy and send?

Keep mailing, but only those who haven't cos otherwise it will become spamming,

Pls don't be dismayed by the mail recieved. at least it is a polite mail, asking us to wait which we are already doing, but the main thing here is that by they have had to notice us on recieving our mails. so everyone who has not written before please do send a mail so that they are bombarded by our mails and realise that we are not ready to sit quietly, and they may just reach some decision about what to do wtih us in their next planning meeting.

Our main aim is to make them notice us which we are successful in doing, and which is the most we can do in our situation.

But a question: why write only to the assistant minister for immigration? why not the minister himself? pls can someone post all the email addresses you have sent the mails to, to make it easy for others to just copy and send?

Keep mailing, but only those who haven't cos otherwise it will become spamming,

HI! Arshad

I did write to the Minister also on the 12th , but havent heard from him todate, only the Director of General Skilled Migration has managed to reply my mail on behalf of the Assistant Director

btw Guys here are the e mail ADDRESS i have

Minister - minister@immi.gov.au (Scott Morrison MP, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection)

Assistant Minister-assistantminister@immi.gov.au (Michaelia Cash

Assistant Minister for Immigration and Border Protection)

Colin Drysdale

Adelaide

HI! Arshad

I did write to the Minister also on the 12th , but havent heard from him todate, only the Director of General Skilled Migration has managed to reply my mail on behalf of the Assistant Director

btw Guys here are the e mail ADDRESS i have

Minister - minister@immi.gov.au (Scott Morrison MP, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection)

Assistant Minister-assistantminister@immi.gov.au (Michaelia Cash

Assistant Minister for Immigration and Border Protection)

Colin Drysdale

Adelaide

Good, let everyone email to all the three email addresses. and dont worry, the minister is a big shot, he will not reply, even i got a reply from the director at Adelaide last year, that is fine, at least we are bugging them politely! and they did not pretend we don't exist!

Good, let everyone email to all the three email addresses. and dont worry, the minister is a big shot, he will not reply, even i got a reply from the director at Adelaide last year, that is fine, at least we are bugging them politely! and they did not pretend we don't exist!

Correct. Emailed to all 3 addresses.

Hi, I just gathered some information which I thought I should share with the forum members. Also to get corrected if my information is wrong.

our category quota is 28850 ,in which we are fighting with high priority applicants, basically 190 and 489 applicants. Last year there are 13825 nominations from state governments and from the balance some or all must have given to 886. I cannot find any other visa category. But according to DIBP our quota is finished in February i.e. within 8 months.

Now they finished granting visa for march 190 and 489 applicants. Allocated case officers for 489 and 190 low risk applicants who were nominated in April and may. There are 705 and 855 applicants in that 2 months. July there are 918 nominations. So, basically they will be able to finish the backlog in high priority groups within another 1 or 2 months. Figures are going to continue like last year . So , I personally believe some 886 applicants and few 176 applicants will have some chance at the latter part of this year. may be our quota will be finished next year at the same period.

It's not like skilled independent category. 43990 allocations and only 23132 invitations of 189 applicants. Most of them just score 60 points. very less applicants in 189 category. That's why all the 885 applicants and 175 applicants got grants in last year.

Unless they increase the quota, we may have to wait for some time. This is my personal view. Comments are welcome.

Hi, I just gathered some information which I thought I should share with the forum members. Also to get corrected if my information is wrong.

our category quota is 28850 ,in which we are fighting with high priority applicants, basically 190 and 489 applicants. Last year there are 13825 nominations from state governments and from the balance some or all must have given to 886. I cannot find any other visa category. But according to DIBP our quota is finished in February i.e. within 8 months.

Now they finished granting visa for march 190 and 489 applicants. Allocated case officers for 489 and 190 low risk applicants who were nominated in April and may. There are 705 and 855 applicants in that 2 months. July there are 918 nominations. So, basically they will be able to finish the backlog in high priority groups within another 1 or 2 months. Figures are going to continue like last year . So , I personally believe some 886 applicants and few 176 applicants will have some chance at the latter part of this year. may be our quota will be finished next year at the same period.

It's not like skilled independent category. 43990 allocations and only 23132 invitations of 189 applicants. Most of them just score 60 points. very less applicants in 189 category. That's why all the 885 applicants and 175 applicants got grants in last year.

Unless they increase the quota, we may have to wait for some time. This is my personal view. Comments are welcome.

Good effort of data collection. but let me add something here, 1 invitation and application lodged does not mean 1 visa, there are more than one persons in one application and if it is a family of 4 then 4 available allocations are given to them

13825 nominations for state government sponsorship means at least double number of allocated places were used by them, but most likely more. the numbers of visas the govt is going to give each year is not the number of applicants approved but total number of people included in the applications approved.

It's a pity but that's how it works, and that's why they finish so early!

Thank God.

886 FS, June 2009. Today I have got my visa grant.

sorry guys details to follow coz i am busy in office.

thanks to all of you and ur help.

hI! ssa

Thanks for sharing the good news with us, when were you allocated a co, probabaly before 30th June 2014

hi endless waiting

can you please provide more details about your visa,

thanks

Hi, here is the details

FS886 CAT5 HR LODGED ON APRIL 2009, CO team8 MARCH 2013, FORM 80 on May2013,may 2014 asked for futher documents and police clearence.june 2014 asked for medical and submitted. Was contacted by team 13 and asked formore documents on july2014. Haven't heard anything since then...

hI! ssa

Thanks for sharing the good news with us, when were you allocated a co, probabaly before 30th June 2014

hi, guys thank you for every thing it was gr8 experience to be here, I always read this forum.

886FS, Jun2009, CO allocation date 19/4/13. received emails from co in June 2013, Oct 213, Nov 2013, Jan 2014, March 2014, April 2014, July 2014, August 2014. ( asked F80 in Jun13, More info regarding F80, referred for security check in Oct13, PCC in Nov13, Med in March14,F1229 in Aug14).

AGAIN I Rang up to that processing centre and got GRANT Yesterday in 1 hour after that call.

* just to share more info.... all GSM individual co finished in July. now files are processing by main processing centre.

any co from that processing centre can take up file and would follow up with client. and it is good news for all of you because they are processing and doing their best with limited staff. so, please just keep your hope alive you will get there soon.

don't rush or get upset because I had all this previously. (I have experienced everything) I had email to tony, C7, C9, current affair, sunrise on C7, immi complaints, human rights commission, more thn 50 email to immi co. But they will process when they are able to do it. no matter visa quota running out or not.

I always remember this long journey, with good and bad experience. but this journey is over now and Hope for a good future with peace and blessing of God. (please pray for my parent and for everyone)

Regards