New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

dude you can't topple what they have set as priority. i hammered them over the phone i doubt none of you have that gut to. im not trying to be a smarty pant. but you can't change their priority and its a law. minister has the power to do so don't be fool your selves. don't be victims, even if you are just be patient don't show them as big deal. it has become a headache for them this cat 5. they will clear. by all means don't even think that they are not monitoring everything been said here as well. they not dumb, to sit down in front of a computer and click buttons. they will see how you'll react to the changes that they make. if its favour for them the;ve achieved i by doing it. if its the other way then they will understand there is no way but to process it quickly. this is my opinion.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude you can't topple what they have set as priority. i hammered them over the phone i doubt none of you have that gut to. im not trying to be a smarty pant. but you can't change their priority and its a law. minister has the power to do so don't be fool your selves. don't be victims, even if you are just be patient don't show them as big deal. it has become a headache for them this cat 5. they will clear. by all means don't even think that they are not monitoring everything been said here as well. they not dumb, to sit down in front of a computer and click buttons. they will see how you'll react to the changes that they make. if its favour for them the;ve achieved i by doing it. if its the other way then they will understand there is no way but to process it quickly. this is my opinion.

Dear, I am agree with you we can't challenge minister power but let's do little try . Just try. May be this will bring some glow in our face..if going good.

Rest of god know what we get it.

leo,

i agree but if we can Share the cost among the all suffering applicants, i think we can bear this cost, i think the intiative is worthwhile than waiting for things to happen,

hI! Guys, this is what i heard from the lawyers today,

Dirk,

I have heard back from Nick and the fees for our firm and Nick to carry out detailed research and to provide advice on the prospects of a successful action would be $A4500.00

Best wishes

Peter Bollard

Lewis and Bollard

Solicitors and migration agents

Suite 1702,Level 17

87-89 Liverpool Street

Sydney 200

Telephone 61(0) 2 92676003

Fax 61(0) 2 92676005

Email peter@lewisbollardmigration.com.au

Unquote

This is very norminal if everyone can contribute towards this

Dear, I am agree with you we can't challenge minister power but let's do little try . Just try. May be this will bring some glow in our face..if going good.

Rest of god know what we get it.

I agree with Guest1985 and Cover , if should give it a try, without trying we will not know

hI! Guys, this is what i heard from the lawyers today,

Dirk,

I have heard back from Nick and the fees for our firm and Nick to carry out detailed research and to provide advice on the prospects of a successful action would be $A4500.00

Best wishes

Peter Bollard

Lewis and Bollard

Solicitors and migration agents

Suite 1702,Level 17

87-89 Liverpool Street

Sydney 200

Telephone 61(0) 2 92676003

Fax 61(0) 2 92676005

Email peter@lewisbollardmigration.com.au

Unquote

This is very norminal if everyone can contribute towards this

I have done this before. I personally met a lawyer and gone through every possible scenarios.

After about an hour of consultation I believe that we did not have a case.

I decided not to go ahead but some people did and they started making contribution, BUT by the end of the day it was NOTHING.

My advice, safe your money, go on with your life.

You will get the visa one day.

I have done this before. I personally met a lawyer and gone through every possible scenarios.

After about an hour of consultation I believe that we did not have a case.

I decided not to go ahead but some people did and they started making contribution, BUT by the end of the day it was NOTHING.

My advice, safe your money, go on with your life.

You will get the visa one day.

hello Yc1ten , I am agree with you , we get nothing at end but that's way we sit at silent daily waiting for some good news watching in the forum people comment , everyday taking tension when our application is open . Money is important life is important .my advice is you should also come with us to taking some action .

hello Yc1ten , I am agree with you , we get nothing at end but that's way we sit at silent daily waiting for some good news watching in the forum people comment , everyday taking tension when our application is open . Money is important life is important .my advice is you should also come with us to taking some action .

Guys, if most of us, agree, then we will have to prepare a worksheet with everybodys name so that we will know who many cases are suffering at least a rough count, be coz all applicants will not be in this Formu, guest1985 can u pls organize this for us,

Hi there, as I said I decided not to go ahead....and wait.....and on 23 May 2013 I got my visa. It was 4 years in the making.

Trust me, better safe the money.

Just wondering, how many applicant still be there to be allocated roughly. probably 10,000.??

Probably more with 886 not been allocated since 2009,

so guys are gonna wait til we are saved by DIAC someday, it wont happen, until we make a move to be noticed by them.

Probably more with 886 not been allocated since 2009,

so guys are gonna wait til we are saved by DIAC someday, it wont happen, until we make a move to be noticed by them.

Dear Vanddiri

I agree we need to do something but personally, I am not interested in hiring a lawyer for it and dishing out more money, Last year I was as aggitated as you are now and pumped up everyone here to write to DIAC and whcih we did, though it didn't make any difference - i guess because it was an temperory government and elections were just around the corner, and they really don't know what to do with us! but we all got replies, though same 'Please wait' ones.

I am ready for two options, writing to them again - which I know you have already done, but if more people will do it at least they will notice us and it will make them come up with a plan and announce it just to make us sit quiet. the other option is wait, what else? I can't even file a new application cos my job in not in the required list. If I had the option of applying agian, i would have and I feel if any FS folks do have this option please do before your jobs disappear from the lists!

And note: I already mentioned there were some Cat 5s who already filed a case or petition somewhere when this priority processing thing started, I don't think it helped them because if it had, someone would have known about it. But those of you who are ready for it, please don't be discouraged and go for it if you have the money and strength to see it through, it just might help.

I totally understand your frustration, I have experienced it for the last two years, it became so bad now that i have given up on being frustrated because I am not going to let it spoil my life.

Edited by Arshad

Dear Vanddiri

I agree we need to do something but personally, I am not interested in hiring a lawyer for it and dishing out more money, Last year I was as aggitated as you are now and pumped up everyone here to write to DIAC and whcih we did, though it didn't make any difference - i guess because it was an temperory government and elections were just around the corner, and they really don't know what to do with us! but we all got replies, though same 'Please wait' ones.

I am ready for two options, writing to them again - which I know you have already done, but if more people will do it at least they will notice us and it will make them come up with a plan and announce it just to make us sit quiet. the other option is wait, what else? I can't even file a new application cos my job in not in the required list. If I had the option of applying agian, i would have and I feel if any FS folks do have this option please do before your jobs disappear from the lists!

And note: I already mentioned there were some Cat 5s who already filed a case or petition somewhere when this priority processing thing started, I don't think it helped them because if it had, someone would have known about it. But those of you who are ready for it, please don't be discouraged and go for it if you have the money and strength to see it through, it just might help.

I totally understand your frustration, I have experienced it for the last two years, it became so bad now that i have given up on being frustrated because I am not going to let it spoil my life.

HI! ARSHAD,

i wrote to them (Minister/Assistant Minister) on 12th July 2014, but they havent replied, probably they dont have anything to put in writting, its a share that a country like as australia has so much of unfairness, i never expected it, i shouldnt have applied in the first instance if i knew it, now i am regretting my decision, i have wasted so much time,

Btw i understand your point of view,

anyways guys if most of you are not interested , lets drop it, be coz i cant afford the fees by myself, will send guy a e mail and tell him to drop the idea

cheers

HI! ARSHAD,

i wrote to them (Minister/Assistant Minister) on 12th July 2014, but they havent replied, probably they dont have anything to put in writting, its a share that a country like as australia has so much of unfairness, i never expected it, i shouldnt have applied in the first instance if i knew it, now i am regretting my decision, i have wasted so much time,

Btw i understand your point of view,

anyways guys if most of you are not interested , lets drop it, be coz i cant afford the fees by myself, will send guy a e mail and tell him to drop the idea

cheers

hello arshad, Vanddir1,

ok if you guys are dropping idea to lodge any petition that's ok.. Hello vanddir1 could you draft a letter and post in this forum then same letter is sent by every forum members to immigration minister. At least more than 100 forum members sent this letter. Hope so this will work for us.

thanks

Thanks Gagan for support this , hello venddir1, could you please drafting a letter and post there so same letter we guys sent to immigration minister..on same .

i have appeal to every forum member's please support this idea.thanks.

hI!

Here are the two letters i sent to the Assistant Minister and Minister

assistantminister@immi.gov.au

Request for starting GSM 176 and 475 Family Sponsored Category 5 (offshore) visa processing

Dear Honorable Michaelia Cash Assistant Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection

I want to bring your attention to the plight of GSM 176 and 475 Family Sponsored Category 5 (offshore) visa applicants whose processing has been on hold since the last 5 years, and there has been no news of the Immigration Department plans to do with them, except the statement that the processing of this class has not started that they will face considerable wait due to limited number of visas in the Family Sponsored stream.

Some of us have been waiting since 2007 and in the last financial year onshore people in Category 5 were processed, which is fair, and we waited and hoped for our turn. However, not a single off-shore Family Sponsored Cat 5 was processed and there was no update about when to expect their cases to be processed. This wait is really frustrating.

Madam, we have been living in limbo for very long and are unable to make many important decisions about job, residence, family, children and finances because we just don’t know when we have to pack and move to Australia, expecting it to be this year, each year.

We deserve at least an update about when to expect our cases to start processing and while new changes in the immigration policies have been announced, still the 176 and 475 Family sponsored visa class are totally ignored as if they don’t exist, which is very unfair.

Just because we are sponsored by family doesn’t mean that we don’t have skills, in fact, besides skills we have the advantage of family and its contacts in Australia that will mean in us getting jobs faster and integrating in society faster than those who arrive here without knowing anyone and in boats. We and our family/sponsors are desperate to be united and have our wait come to an end.

Please start processing our cases soon and, in the meantime, an update on what is being planned for us should be announced.

I have also written to Honourable Scott Morrison MP, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection on 12th July 2014, I am hoping that under both of your stewardships things will be sorted out, the backlog cleared and the system of immigration will become better.

Thanking you in anticipation of your help in resolving our concerns.

Regards,

Name

Country

File Number/ TRN nUMBER

Date of Lodgement

Unquote

minister@immi.gov.au

Request for starting GSM 176 and 475 Family Sponsored Category 5 (offshore) visa processing

Dear Honourable Scott Morrison MP, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection

I want to bring your attention to the plight of GSM 176 and 475 Family Sponsored Category 5 (offshore) visa applicants whose processing has been on hold since the last 5 years, and there has been no news of the Immigration Department plans to do with them, except the statement that the processing of this class has not started that they will face considerable wait due to limited number of visas in the Family Sponsored stream.

Some of us have been waiting since 2007 and in the last financial year onshore people in Category 5 were processed, which is fair, and we waited and hoped for our turn. However, not a single off-shore Family Sponsored Cat 5 was processed and there was no update about when to expect their cases to be processed. This wait is really frustrating.

Sir, we have been living in limbo for very long and are unable to make many important decisions about job, residence, family, children and finances because we just don’t know when we have to pack and move to Australia, expecting it to be this year, each year.

We deserve at least an update about when to expect our cases to start processing and while new changes in the immigration policies have been announced, still the 176 and 475 Family sponsored visa class are totally ignored as if they don’t exist, which is very unfair.

Just because we are sponsored by family doesn’t mean that we don’t have skills, in fact, besides skills we have the advantage of family and its contacts in Australia that will mean in us getting jobs faster and integrating in society faster than those who arrive here without knowing anyone and in boats. We and our family/sponsors are desperate to be united and have our wait come to an end.

Please start processing our cases soon and, in the meantime, an update on what is being planned for us should be announced.

I am hoping that under your stewardship things will be sorted out, the backlog cleared and the system of immigration will become better.

Regards,

Name

Country

File Number

Date of Lodgement

Unquote

You guys could use this same letters with modification to suit you , hope this helps

hI!

Here are the two letters i sent to the Assistant Minister and Minister

assistantminister@immi.gov.au

Dear Honorable Michaelia Cash Assistant Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection

Madam, we have been living in limbo for very long and are unable to make many important decisions about job, residence, family, children and finances because we just don’t know when we have to pack and move to Australia, expecting it to be this year, each year.

I have also written to Honourable Scott Morrison MP, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection on 12th July 2014, I am hoping that under both of your stewardships things will be sorted out, the backlog cleared and the system of immigration will become better.

Regards,

Name

Country

File Number/ TRN nUMBER

Date of Lodgement

Unquote

minister@immi.gov.au

Dear Honourable Scott Morrison MP, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection

Sir, we have been living in limbo for very long and are unable to make many important decisions about job, residence, family, children and finances because we just don’t know when we have to pack and move to Australia, expecting it to be this year, each year.

I am hoping that under your stewardship things will be sorted out, the backlog cleared and the system of immigration will become better.

Regards,

Name

Country

File Number

Date of Lodgement

Unquote

You guys could use this same letters with modification to suit you , hope this helps

I emailed this letter to immigration minister today On 12:20 pm Australian Time.

Please every one update this. Thanks

I emailed this letter to immigration minister today On 12:20 pm Australian Time.

Please every one update this. Thanks

Please guys at least try writing to them if u dont want to take any action, at least they will know that we are stil around and then we will at least get noticed ,

hi Guys

just out of curiosity, I'm browsing through immi site and came across the new type subclass visa.

surprisingly they offering family sponsorship with 3mth processing time under group 4, honestly we been waiting more than 4 years now and there are no interest for Immi to process us even some of us are highly skills employee.

I just find this fxxxing stupid....., im thinking to burn another whatever fees it is and submit another application.

[h=2]Processing times – skilled migration applications affected by processing priorities[/h]The below table describes the processing times for skilled migration visa subclasses.

[TABLE=class: inline, width: 1]

[TR]

[TH]Priority Group Number[/TH]

[TH]Visa Subclass[/TH]

[TH]Processing Time[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]RSMS

(subclass 119, 857)

Skilled Regional[/TD]

[TD]Low risk – 5 months

High risk – 8 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect

(subclass 187)[/TD]

[TD]6 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]ENS

(subclass 121, 856)[/TD]

[TD]Low risk – 5 months

High risk – 8 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect

(subclass 186)[/TD]

[TD]6 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]SMP

(subclass 176, 475, 487, 886)[/TD]

[TD]12 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect SMP

(subclass 190 and 489)[/TD]

[TD]3 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1

(subclass 175, 495, 496, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885 and 176, 475, 487 if not SMP)[/TD]

[TD]18 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect Independent and Family Sponsored

(subclass 189 and 489)[/TD]

[TD]3 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]All visas listed in priority 3 and 4 that are not SMP or Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1[/TD]

[TD]Assessment will commence when all cases in priority groups 1-4 are [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]