New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Quick math, based on the 20K odd applicants waiting @$3k per app, the dept is holding $60 million dollars of our money.

They should change their moto from 'People our business' to ' People's money is our business'.

I think they changed their motto. I see on their FB page "Live the life Australia" and "If you have the skills, Australia has the lifestyle". I would add, with those free 60 mil. for sure they have a lifestyle. :) I am sure it is only a small drop in the ocean, however, 30k more migrants would also be a drop in the ocean.

I really can't figure out why they are not taking responsibility and finish what they've started, meaning processing those applications. Ok, so they will have a lower KPI for this year, but at least they would do the right thing. And the right thing is to deliver what they promised: a decision to our applications.

Sorry if I discouraged you with my post, but lately I am trying to live above water with my work. I need a fresh start, a change of environment, something, and I was hanging on this April-June period to see some good news with my application. Now I just lost my patience again.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bulg,

Just one thing I wanna know from you, when did you changed your application from 886 to 885 that you gimme a fair idea so I can also contemplate changing from 176 to 175...thxxx in advance. Also PM'ed you kindly check you inbox.

It seems that there is no hope for FS 886/487's anymore. Do anyone have any idea if we are going to be processed ever???

Gagan - You said 1 year onshore backlog will be cleared by end of december. Would you still stand with what you said?????Any chance for Immi to increase quota for this financial year???

Life is becoming a mess now.

sending you some patience... hope this helps :hug:

I think they changed their motto. I see on their FB page "Live the life Australia" and "If you have the skills, Australia has the lifestyle". I would add, with those free 60 mil. for sure they have a lifestyle. :) I am sure it is only a small drop in the ocean, however, 30k more migrants would also be a drop in the ocean.

I really can't figure out why they are not taking responsibility and finish what they've started, meaning processing those applications. Ok, so they will have a lower KPI for this year, but at least they would do the right thing. And the right thing is to deliver what they promised: a decision to our applications.

Sorry if I discouraged you with my post, but lately I am trying to live above water with my work. I need a fresh start, a change of environment, something, and I was hanging on this April-June period to see some good news with my application. Now I just lost my patience again.

I now believe all the Family Sponsored applicants are in a hopeless situation where the immi department has not made up their minds about what to do with us, except that they will only think about us when all the others are over, so we should stop having any hope, at least for this financial year. if so many 886 FS are still waiting from as far back as 2009, then we offshores have a long way to go. for the last five years they have made our life a joke and they intent to continue with this torture for at least the next financial year.

For more than 2 years now i have been following this thread and each year at this time our hopes turn to disappointments and frustrations until July comes and the long wait till the end of the financial year starts again,

I am totally disgusted!

I now believe all the Family Sponsored applicants are in a hopeless situation where the immi department has not made up their minds about what to do with us, except that they will only think about us when all the others are over, so we should stop having any hope, at least for this financial year. if so many 886 FS are still waiting from as far back as 2009, then we offshores have a long way to go. for the last five years they have made our life a joke and they intent to continue with this torture for at least the next financial year.

For more than 2 years now i have been following this thread and each year at this time our hopes turn to disappointments and frustrations until July comes and the long wait till the end of the financial year starts again,

I am totally disgusted!

:arghh:

I am totally disgusted!

I assume you are in the category of family sponsored offshore 176 just like me and my family (we applied in March 2009). We are disgusted too but in some ways at ourselves for either not applying before DIAC made drastic changes or for not being more aggressive about other options. We have been hoping and hoping that there will be movement but alas I think another five years will easily pass before we secure this visa.

I have contemplated 190 but that will cost USD $10,000 in addition to the USD 3000 already spent for the 176. I have also thought about going back to graduate school and applying to universities in Queensland.

What are your thoughts about other options?

What are your thoughts about other options?

I have no other option otherwise I would have applied for it.

The thing is that when we applied (Sept 2009), it was supposed to take about 1.5 years or 2 at the most, what is frustrationg is that a year later the policy changed and since the last 4 years they have not made up their minds about what to do with Family Sponsored or told us about how long the wait is going to be.

Why did they have to backdate the change? esp a change that that is implimented without first planning when they are going to process which group!

had i known at the time of applying that if will take 5 plus years, i would have lived life fully in the meantine knowing that there is a long wait, there have been so many everyday decisions that are kept on hold, house change, school change, job change and even buying household things becasue i always felt that ok next year our turn will come. living in uncertainity, growing older and shifting and job searching not seeming as easy as it did 5 years ago, and family in OZ waiting for us to join them are some of the hardest part of the waiting in limbo situation.

I could have applied a year earlier and would not have had to take up family sponsoreship points becasue of better age points but i am not mad at myself for not doing so, what makes me mad is that the immi guys consider us, those with family waiting there to be with us and help us settle down, as the untouchables, worst than the boat people or anyone else for that matter. I really don't understand why we are so undeserving? we have a better chance of untigrating into the systemi and settling becasue of our sponsores.

My profession is just not in the state sponsored or the other list to make me eligible to apply, otherwise I would spent the additional amount to end this mindless wait.

I am waiting, I am waiting, oh yeah, oh yeah

Waiting for someone to come out of somewhere

You can't hold out, you can't hold out, oh yeah, oh yeah

You can't hold out, you can't hold out, oh yeah, oh yeah

See it come along and don't know where it's from

Oh, yes you will find out, well, it happens all the time

It's censored from our minds, you'll find out

Slow or fast, slow or fast, oh yeah, oh yeah

End at last, end at last, oh yeah, oh yeah

Stand up coming years and escalation fears

Oh, yes we will find out, well, like a winter storm

Fears will pierce your bones, you'll find out

Oh, we're waiting, oh, we're waiting, oh yeah, oh yeah

Oh, we're waiting, oh, we're waiting, oh yeah, oh yeah

Oh, we're waiting, oh we're waiting

Oh, we're waiting, oh were waiting

I hereby declare this as the anthum of all Family Sponsored Cat 5s and to be sung each time any of us is feeling down, when the allocation timetable list is updated without any change in our status and on each July 1, at 8am according to our individual timezones, we should sing this to welcome the new financial year with all due respect.

Now time for me to sing this:

I have no other option otherwise I would have applied for it.

The thing is that when we applied (Sept 2009), it was supposed to take about 1.5 years or 2 at the most, what is frustrationg is that a year later the policy changed and since the last 4 years they have not made up their minds about what to do with Family Sponsored or told us about how long the wait is going to be.

Why did they have to backdate the change? esp a change that that is implimented without first planning when they are going to process which group!

had i known at the time of applying that if will take 5 plus years, i would have lived life fully in the meantine knowing that there is a long wait, there have been so many everyday decisions that are kept on hold, house change, school change, job change and even buying household things becasue i always felt that ok next year our turn will come. living in uncertainity, growing older and shifting and job searching not seeming as easy as it did 5 years ago, and family in OZ waiting for us to join them are some of the hardest part of the waiting in limbo situation.

I could have applied a year earlier and would not have had to take up family sponsoreship points becasue of better age points but i am not mad at myself for not doing so, what makes me mad is that the immi guys consider us, those with family waiting there to be with us and help us settle down, as the untouchables, worst than the boat people or anyone else for that matter. I really don't understand why we are so undeserving? we have a better chance of untigrating into the systemi and settling becasue of our sponsores.

My profession is just not in the state sponsored or the other list to make me eligible to apply, otherwise I would spent the additional amount to end this mindless wait.

Even for me and my family the situation is similar to what you have described. I too do not understand why they backdated their changes. Making changes in the law is common in any country but it is not usually done retroactively to impact people negatively.

Also, what is the big deal for them in not just clearing out their family sponsored backlog. Why are they so hesitant? What is there to debate? It is ironic that most people in the family sponsored category are actually excellent fits for Australia both professionally and culturally even if their occupations are not on the skills list.

Hi,

do you have any update?

hello,

no update mate, got auto reply co out of the office till end of this month.

I don't know how long I have to wait after "finalisation" of medical.

in CO's last email I can see " TRIM " in subject line, so hopping something positive soon.

Even for me and my family the situation is similar to what you have described. I too do not understand why they backdated their changes. Making changes in the law is common in any country but it is not usually done retroactively to impact people negatively.

Also, what is the big deal for them in not just clearing out their family sponsored backlog. Why are they so hesitant? What is there to debate? It is ironic that most people in the family sponsored category are actually excellent fits for Australia both professionally and culturally even if their occupations are not on the skills list.

that is exactly what's on my mind, even my mother who is my sponsor. She is eagerly waiting for us to be reunited. Each day asking for any news, and if we are waiting, she said she feels the same or even more, because she's longing for us to be near each other again. Last year we went to visit her and that feeling that you don't wanna leave anymore.

This is not only about the visa, but also about being with our family. But at the end of the day, since we were trapped with no choice, all we can do is wait, hope and pray... And only people in this thread can understand us...

that is exactly what's on my mind, even my mother who is my sponsor. She is eagerly waiting for us to be reunited. Each day asking for any news, and if we are waiting, she said she feels the same or even more, because she's longing for us to be near each other again. Last year we went to visit her and that feeling that you don't wanna leave anymore.

This is not only about the visa, but also about being with our family. But at the end of the day, since we were trapped with no choice, all we can do is wait, hope and pray... And only people in this thread can understand us...

sophie1219...I started the following thread recently:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/209756-any-insight-into-offshore-family-sponsored-176-priority-5-a.html

The Category 5 threads are too broad because all visas under the same priority are not the same so when a person says that a case officer has been allocated and then I read on that they were a 175 visa, I sigh because it has no real bearing on those of us who are truly rock bottom...offshore family sponsored 176. Even onshore family sponsored 176 is higher on the ladder within priority 5. So, I am hoping the new thread will work better with postings only related to our specific situation rather than trying to search and scan through this thread because of the variety of visas being discussed under priority 5.

Unfortunately I agree with you about being trapped without a viable choice. I might barely qualify under 190 (assuming Queensland does not remove my occupation from their list in July) but it will cost USD 10,000 for a new application in addition to the USD 3000 we already paid five years ago and who is to say after lodging that application that there won't be some drastic changes in the laws as what occurred five years ago.

My brother (who lives in Melbourne) called DIBP recently and asked them about when do they plan to start 176FS. The lady on the phone said that they are not sure as of now as the Immigration Minister will make the decision. She refused to give out any other info as expected.

Later I spoke to my migration agent who is based in Sydney and he said we should expect 176 Category to start within this year. Most likely by end of the year we will get a case officer assigned. I have submitted forms to him for adding my recently born Son in the existing application. I need to wait more but I really really hate waiting. The IMMI guys are really testing our patience. I wish they could see this forum and understand our pain because we are not just "cases", we are real people, God dammit.

Dear All,

Did you check the online status? I check today and I find that there are more information shown on the IMMI website.

1) My famaliy member (PR of AU) is showen as person 3.

2) My visit visa information is added to onlne status.

Are the IMMI changing their system in order to review all the 176?

I have a long time waiting since Sep 2008, I hope all the things will go better.

Hi all,

So after a 5 and a half year roller coaster ride I received the so long awaited news, VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

I received my South African Police Clearance on the 16th of April 2014. I submitted it and next day had the approval message in my inbox. The wife and I are over the moon, thank goodness that part of the process is finally over. Now for the next chapter, the move itself.

Good luck to all those still waiting, holding thumbs for everybody.

Oh and see you all on the other side ;)

Hi all,

So after a 5 and a half year roller coaster ride I received the so long awaited news, VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

I received my South African Police Clearance on the 16th of April 2014. I submitted it and next day had the approval message in my inbox. The wife and I are over the moon, thank goodness that part of the process is finally over. Now for the next chapter, the move itself.

Congrats Marconi!

Hi all,

Congrats marconi, list updated, hope the rest, 175 and all other classes, have good news in the pipeline!