New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know specifically for your wife, but I had no problem for myself. I went back from Aus and applied for 176 (offshore, so no bridging visa) in 2008. Since I had to wait for so long, in 2012 I applied for a student visa to come to Aus. I had mentioned in the student visa app about my 176 application. In the interview they asked me about it, and I told them I did apply for a PR but since it's been stuck for a very long time with still no prospect, I cannot hold my further studies longer as I was wasting years waiting. They gave me the student visa. Now m in Aus on a student visa, still waiting for my 176.. So it shouldn't be a problem. Hope it helped, cheers.

And guys no movement yet with 176, or other FS categories. Sincerely hoping for something positive soon :)

For Sure FS gonna be processed in this financial year. There are many numbers still left to be filled this year and few new applications so backlog gonna be cleared with FS that I confirmed.

Wow. To think that in this time, we have got relationships forged, babies made, degrees completed, and yet granting just one visa seems to beat all of that. The absurdity of it all. I hope immigration clears all pending cases asap and get their act together for future applicants. No one deserves to wait this long ever and that too for a visa.

you got my respect, have you consider other option maybe employer sponsorship?

yes when we decided to take further actions (18 months ago), our case been allocated Case Officer, therefore we didn't want to cancel the application. But since past 18 months we haven't heard anything... we emailed 4-5 times... all the answer were "this appllication is under routine check" which I assume is on security check. 8 months ago We asked our lawyer to send complaint to AGIS/ASIO, they said, there is no problem and it is under routine procedures, if you haven't heard by April e-mail us again. OUr Lawyer reckons we need to wait till 15th April and if nothing happend we will shoot another e-mail. But I hope we hear good news soon.

THanks for your suggestions. :) :ssign16::policeman:

Edited by parissa

yes when we decided to take further actions (18 months ago), our case been allocated Case Officer, therefore we didn't want to cancel the application. But since past 18 months we haven't heard anything... we emailed 4-5 times... all the answer were "this appllication is under routine check" which I assume is on security check. 8 months ago We asked our lawyer to send complaint to AGIS/ASIO, they said, there is no problem and it is under routine procedures, if you haven't heard by April e-mail us again. OUr Lawyer reckons we need to wait till 15th April and if nothing happend we will shoot another e-mail. But I hope we hear good news soon.

THanks for your suggestions. :) :ssign16::policeman:

hi Parissa, thanks for sharing your story.

if you don't mind me asking about your application, which subclass you have applied?

did you actually engaged with a lawyer to lodged a case against the Immi dept for taking long time to processed your application? will this work? i will might it a shot.

hi Parissa, thanks for sharing your story.

if you don't mind me asking about your application, which subclass you have applied?

did you actually engaged with a lawyer to lodged a case against the Immi dept for taking long time to processed your application? will this work? i will might it a shot.

As you see in my signature I applied for 175. We haven't complaint against immigration yet.... IGIS/ASIO suggested we can address ombudsman who oversee the immigration. But I am not sure if this is the good idea or not... But we are very seek of immi to be honest. I am from HR country....

Good News Case officer assigned today team 32

GSM 175 Online / Jan 2010 / CO allocated 07-04-2014

Congrats!

You've got same team as me.

Were you asked to submit further documents?

Meds are done and I uploaded pcc last week. Now I'm waiting for the grant. Hope it won't be too long.

Keep us posted.