New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

do we have any chinese friend on this forum who can translate

i believe 886 has case officer.....

G5。。。886.。。我是电签。2009 12 22 递交的,去年11月20日收到补交材料的通知(只有无犯罪证明),之后就没有消息了。。。问。。站内有没有朋友同样情况。。。谢谢。。

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very frankly I would not get my hopes up based on mere speculation. Gagan4321 is an optimist who tries to keep the hopes up of us unfortunate 496/176 visa applicants. Not necessary what he says will happen.

Rahul I can very well understand your feelings and since last one year I have also managed to keep my optimism based on Gagan's predictions. Waiting since 2007 is really the height of patience and frustration!

yes his predictions are are not always spot, because based on it you and I would have at least had a CO by now. but I know he is trying to help us with the best that he can find out - and it is not his fault that the immi guys just don't move according to their initial planning and everyone's hopes. I know he is not delibrately giving us false hope, and being a 176 too, his hopes are tied to ours!

I think the only thing going in our favour and that keeps us in the race is the fact that the cost of a visa now is pretty high and there are far fewer applications than there were earlier or when we applied.

Maybe, just maybe (hopefully), we should see us the untouchables in 496/176 getting COs and grants sometimes this year, 2014. I was so hopeful last year that latest by end of 2013 176 should start that i preloaded my medicals and PCC so that grant doesn't take long after CO and it may just expire now.

May God help us all and make our wait easy and short! Ameen

Edited by Arshad

I am not criticizing Gagan or anyone. What I am exprssing are the feelings I feel.

I didn't mean you were criticising Gagan, I have been on this forum for long enough to know you never speak ill of anyone, I was just trying to cheer you up so that the wait become more bearable! You are standing on the boundary line for so long, some others just a few days away from you have got grants and you are still waiting.

i can understand your disappointment and frustration and I also get dejected a lot and when someone says something here to lift the spirits it really helps me. Seriously, life has not just been on hold but circumstances have changed too since we applied. the kids are growing up, we are not setting firm roots because we don't know when we have to pack and go, we are getting older and what not! but no news of our fate....

And I want to also add that though Gagan's posts do give hope and i like to believe him (Gagan, I am not cirticising you, so pls don't misunderstand me) but now I know I should not believe anything until it is coming from the immgration guys. Let's just pray we get lucky this year and our wait ends!

Edited by Arshad

Just thought I'd update folks, I was assigned CO today for my 175 (online) app today. I applied for 175 back in 8th Feb, 2010, LR country.

It actually doesn't really matter so much for me anymore, as my employer have sponsored me since, and I've already been on a RSMS PR visa since Dec 2012. I've actually applied for citizenship already and have been approved (I had been on other visas for few years before this period). Just waiting for ceremony now...

Edited by termis

I didn't mean you were criticising Gagan, I have been on this forum for long enough to know you never speak ill of anyone, I was just trying to cheer you up so that the wait become more bearable! You are standing on the boundary line for so long, some others just a few days away from you have got grants and you are still waiting.

i can understand your disappointment and frustration and I also get dejected a lot and when someone says something here to lift the spirits it really helps me. Seriously, life has not just been on hold but circumstances have changed too since we applied. the kids are growing up, we are not setting firm roots because we don't know when we have to pack and go, we are getting older and what not! but no news of our fate....

And I want to also add that though Gagan's posts do give hope and i like to believe him (Gagan, I am not cirticising you, so pls don't misunderstand me) but now I know I should not believe anything until it is coming from the immgration guys. Let's just pray we get lucky this year and our wait ends!

Perfectly Okay Dude! I don't misunderstand anybody because life is too short for that and grudges. I always write what I come to know is concrete. It's up to the people who wanna believe or not. However, it is natural that it is been too long that we all have been waiting but the best part towards the end of the year is that many places are still remaining to be filled and few newer applications. Hence, my source again confirmed me that by the end of December this year most of Category 5 will be cleared be it onshore or offshore. The small percentage that is left will be early next year in the first quarter. Cheers!

Hi all,

I have good news, my wife applied on 13 June 2009 for 175 category and she got a case officer today.

The case officer had an interesting request and maybe someone can help. He asked for proof of functional English for myself (as secondary applicant) even though we have uploaded my IELTS results previously. I achieved a score of 7 in all areas and I thought it would be valid for 3 years. I did some research and it seems that for functional English it needs to only a score of 4.5 but it has to be done within 12 month before application. We were not aware of that and actually added myself to the application exactly 1 year and 1 day after I did my IELTS tes (missing it by 1 day!). Does anyone know if I can prove proficient English (score of 7) this will be valid for 3 years (as it is for all primary applicants) or do I need to do a new IELTS test just because it's more than 12 month between IELTS and application (even though I have a score of 7)?

Apart from that, the case officer was only asking for police checks so far (we already did medicals)

Hi all,

I have good news, my wife applied on 13 June 2009 for 175 category and she got a case officer today.

The case officer had an interesting request and maybe someone can help. He asked for proof of functional English for myself (as secondary applicant) even though we have uploaded my IELTS results previously. I achieved a score of 7 in all areas and I thought it would be valid for 3 years. I did some research and it seems that for functional English it needs to only a score of 4.5 but it has to be done within 12 month before application. We were not aware of that and actually added myself to the application exactly 1 year and 1 day after I did my IELTS tes (missing it by 1 day!). Does anyone know if I can prove proficient English (score of 7) this will be valid for 3 years (as it is for all primary applicants) or do I need to do a new IELTS test just because it's more than 12 month between IELTS and application (even though I have a score of 7)?

Apart from that, the case officer was only asking for police checks so far (we already did medicals)

Probably you'll have to give the test again mate.. just book the closest date and get done with it I say!! and Good luck.. Btw, is your wife's app paper based? Since its June 2009, and we have another member just posting his Feb 2010 (online) got CO..

To other forumers, I think this is good news to all of us.. Feb 2010 175 being allocated CO, things are moving fast huh!! I wish they'd start 176 soon and take that ahead at the same speed, or even more!!

Probably you'll have to give the test again mate.. just book the closest date and get done with it I say!! and Good luck.. Btw, is your wife's app paper based? Since its June 2009, and we have another member just posting his Feb 2010 (online) got CO..

To other forumers, I think this is good news to all of us.. Feb 2010 175 being allocated CO, things are moving fast huh!! I wish they'd start 176 soon and take that ahead at the same speed, or even more!!

I think it's pretty ridiculous that my English test fulfills the requirements for primary applicant but not for secondary applicant (which is supposed to be lower requirements) but I know there is no point arguing with them if it makes sense or not.

I am going to book a test for this Saturday and throw some more money at the test industry, but hopefully this will be the last step to the PR.

I think it's pretty ridiculous that my English test fulfills the requirements for primary applicant but not for secondary applicant (which is supposed to be lower requirements) but I know there is no point arguing with them if it makes sense or not.

I am going to book a test for this Saturday and throw some more money at the test industry, but hopefully this will be the last step to the PR.

I know.. but as you said there's no point arguing with them.. Each time I came to Aus or when i applied for my 176, I had to give IELTS again coz the previous one expired!! Already given it 3 times, hope I don't have to give it again in life.. Good luck with your test and the application process.

Did not know there was an expiration date on IELTS. For the rest of us who applied for gsm175 up to 5 yrs back, does that mean we need to resit IELTS? I last sat for the test in 2009 at point of visa application.

Did not know there was an expiration date on IELTS. For the rest of us who applied for gsm175 up to 5 yrs back, does that mean we need to resit IELTS? I last sat for the test in 2009 at point of visa application.

No we don't have to sit for IELTS again.. Even I thought IELTS was valid for 3 years (before it used to be 2 years), as "waitingsince2009" pointed out, his research showed that the application process states: "it has to be done within 12 month before application", and he was unlucky that his IELTS test at the time of application was exactly 1 year and 1 day old (for which reason his CO is asking again). As long as your IELTS were current when you had applied, it should be alright I reckon..

Hi everyone, need your opinion!

I am a 176 category 5 applicant, May 2009. I thought my application would never be processed and had started to look into filing in another application. I am in the midst of waiting for reply for my 190 ACT SS, submitted only in late Jan 2014. After reading the posts here, I realized that there is a possibility that my 176 application might be processed after all. So, my question is, should I just wait for my 176 to be processed eventually, or should I proceed with my 190 ACT SS new application?

176 would allow me to go to any city whereas 190 limits me to ACT.

Any idea?

Thanks!

No we don't have to sit for IELTS again.. Even I thought IELTS was valid for 3 years (before it used to be 2 years), as "waitingsince2009" pointed out, his research showed that the application process states: "it has to be done within 12 month before application", and he was unlucky that his IELTS test at the time of application was exactly 1 year and 1 day old (for which reason his CO is asking again). As long as your IELTS were current when you had applied, it should be alright I reckon..

Thanks shirishcharo:)