New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to give an update regarding my 175 application

My CO has been waiting for me to get Offshore since late Nov 2013 to grant me the visa and I finally have the chance do to so last Saturday. I haven't actually received any letter from DIBP yet but both VEVO and Electronic application status page stated that my PR was granted today 30/1/2014 and I need to enter australia before late March 2014. What puzzles me is that the visa comes with an expiry date exactly the same date of the 'enter before' date...

anyway.. it's has been a long time coming. Good luck to you all.

Yes, also wanted to ask what the date was for your police clearance and your medicals. Those are the factors in determining when your last entry date will be. They are both valid for 12 months, but they take the first one's date as the start of the 12 months

congratz on the visa!!! It has been a long time coming

Just to give an update regarding my 175 application

My CO has been waiting for me to get Offshore since late Nov 2013 to grant me the visa and I finally have the chance do to so last Saturday. I haven't actually received any letter from DIBP yet but both VEVO and Electronic application status page stated that my PR was granted today 30/1/2014 and I need to enter australia before late March 2014. What puzzles me is that the visa comes with an expiry date exactly the same date of the 'enter before' date...

anyway.. it's has been a long time coming. Good luck to you all.

What is the link to the VEVO site? I don't know about that one, only the electronic application status page

Today is Chinese New Year Eve, i just posted the grant news in a hurry. Forget to wish u all good luck! I have been waiting for 5 years and 2 months. I know it's just a start, but as a G5, we really should appreciate ourselves and celebrate! Wish everyone here all the best in 2014!

Another thing DIBP will be clearing backlog as much as possible since they have to meet the numbers by end of June. There are few new applications so mostly people who are waiting will get there turn :)

Thanks Gagan4321 and Bulg. You guys are really very helpful and whoever u getting info from please give our best wishes to him/her.

Yes, also wanted to ask what the date was for your police clearance and your medicals. Those are the factors in determining when your last entry date will be. They are both valid for 12 months, but they take the first one's date as the start of the 12 months

congratz on the visa!!! It has been a long time coming

Thanks and you are right. The expiry/enter by date corresponds to the date printed my home country PCC. I hope they will amend the expiry date when i return to Aus next Sunday as it doesn't make sense to have a PR visa expires in two months. Otherwise I may have to apply for RRV when i leave the country

Here's the VEVO link, although I'm not sure it would work for you if haven't been granted a visa.

https://online.immi.gov.au/evo/firstParty?actionType=query

Edited by Patient175er

Thanks and you are right. The expiry/enter by date corresponds to the date printed my home country PCC. I hope they will amend the expiry date when i return to Aus next Sunday as it doesn't make sense to have a PR visa expires in two months. Otherwise I may have to apply for RRV when i leave the country

Here's the VEVO link, although I'm not sure it would work for you if haven't been granted a visa.

The entry date that expires in12 months is only the time you have to first enter the country and activate your visa. Then it is valid for 5 years as permanent resident. What happens after 5 years when the visa expires? Do you get another one?

Ps. I actually got my visa today so we are super excited!

Another thing DIBP will be clearing backlog as much as possible since they have to meet the numbers by end of June. There are few new applications so mostly people who are waiting will get there turn :)

Thanks for the info Gagan.

What do you think about 886 application will DIBP processed & clear all it application that submitted in 2010.

i'm so tempted to submit another application under employer sponsorship, please advise if it is good idea or should i just wait if you think DIBP is going to deliver some good news soon for those that under 886 subclass.

Looking forward to hear from you. thanks.

The entry date that expires in12 months is only the time you have to first enter the country and activate your visa. Then it is valid for 5 years as permanent resident. What happens after 5 years when the visa expires? Do you get another one?

Ps. I actually got my visa today so we are super excited!

Congrats mate.

We are 175 too, and we got case officer in Oct 2013. we lodged July 2008. I contacted the immi because we are in AU based on student visa. They told me that no news from case officer. We have an agent and we do not have access to case officer. Do we need to upload the PCC and medical before the case officer asks. Did u do the same? Lots of people who applied after us got PR and we are still in wait and no news from case officcer!!!

Thanks

We are 175 too, and we got case officer in Oct 2013. we lodged July 2008. I contacted the immi because we are in AU based on student visa. They told me that no news from case officer. We have an agent and we do not have access to case officer. Do we need to upload the PCC and medical before the case officer asks. Did u do the same? Lots of people who applied after us got PR and we are still in wait and no news from case officcer!!!

If you got a CO in OCt 2013 did they not ask for your pcc and medicals then? When we got our case officer, an email was sent to us to introduce herself to us and with this email came three attachments. In that she clearly stated what was needed for us (like pcc and medicals) and that we had 28 days to submit it. South Africa takes very long with police clearance so I forwarded her our proof of application and told her it would probably only come in 2 months. Well, two months later it came, we submitted it and the next day we got our visa. We also did the medicals in the mean time.

Just double check all the detail the CO sent...ask your agent to send you the emails, as they were supposed to tell you what is needed from the CO.

I would think that you should do your medicals and pcc...seriously ask your agent to forward you the email from the CO.

I have also noticed that applicants from certain countries have a longer wait after they submitted their final documents. But you actually have to first submit your outstanding documents before you will hear anything again.

Sophie, thanks for info.

I applied 21 March 2009 online, I don't have any letter from officer. But allocation table contains information

[TABLE=class: inline, width: 654]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]175 Skilled – Independent (e-lodged)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]N/A[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]All applications allocated[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]25 May 2009[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

rachiru - Apr 2009

phearn007 - Apr 2009

jvkster - May 2009

fahdmugal - May 2009

Rachiru, phearn007, jvkster, fahdmugal, please, tell me do you have any news?

Yes, well at least something's moving! And it is moving pretty fast, so whenever they start with other categories, we can expect similar speed may be! Also I reckon paper based 885 was still showing some 2011 date till last month, but now it seems that is also all apps allocated.. Which means after 175, all independents are done so only sponsored and regional categories will be left, so they have to process us..