New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

It does not matter that you changed jobs.....I changed and the CO did not ask anything. She did ask for work experience proof for my husband (secondary applicant) as I claimed extra points for he's job as well. He also changed industry altogether, but she clearly stated that she wanted documents for 12 out of 24 month prior to the APPLICATION DATE. So what we did after the application date was not relevant!

Thanks Southafrican. I was a bit worried as I changed my industry completely.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( so tired and exhausted :((( nothing .... This sunday aas 15th months that my case been alocated to CO !!! It is not fair for god sake

Parissa, I suppose DIBP guys become active when you call them personally. I asked my friend, who lives in Melbourne, to call them in December, he spent 20 minutes waiting on the phone and finally was told he's not authorised to make enquiries on my behalf. :) Anyway, after this call my case was probably "put on the top of dusty heap of papers" and I got a CO after holidays!

Try calling 1300-364-613 General Skilled Migration Enquires, hope this helps to get your your case pushed forward :)

Edited by wokenup

:( so tired and exhausted :((( nothing .... This sunday aas 15th months that my case been alocated to CO !!! It is not fair for god sake

this really is disgusting, first we wait for a CO and then it is worst waiting for any news from the CO! can totally sympathise with you. Are you HR?

My In-laws boss has a friend in immigration in perth and they asked about my visa (176 cat 5)

The immigration officer said the new government is still undecided about how to proceed with our category and therefore its still in limbo...

I hope the information is incorrect and they are just finishing onshore first and then moving to off-shore, if anyone else knows whats going on could they comment?

Hi Koopmaster

I'm also FS 176 (lodged May 2010) and I'm in this for the long haul. We are not giving up and trusting that the government will in the end do the right thing and process our visas. It's sad because in the meantime our own children and our family's children who are Aussie citizens now for years are growing up quickly without knowing each other.

Life is not fair but I can't help wondering what happened to Australia's ethos of everyone deserves a "fair go"?

Hi Koopmaster

I'm also FS 176 (lodged May 2010) and I'm in this for the long haul. We are not giving up and trusting that the government will in the end do the right thing and process our visas. It's sad because in the meantime our own children and our family's children who are Aussie citizens now for years are growing up quickly without knowing each other.

Life is not fair but I can't help wondering what happened to Australia's ethos of everyone deserves a "fair go"?

Do you have any other famiily members living in your country, if not you can look into remaining relative visa - http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/115.aspx

I cant do it because my family lives in the uk and my wifes lives in perth.

Hi Koopmaster

No, as we have family here in SA and abroad. We have a great immi agent who is walking this road with us and the only other option I would have had recently would be to reapply and go to Canberra but at a cost of about R100 000, which is out of the question at this stage as we have spent enough, but mainly on principle, I believe our existing applications should be processed.

Guest The Pom Queen

Admin note: Just a quick reminder please.... When mentioning case officers please do not use their full name, we are happy for you to use initials.

Thanks All and Good Luck with those visas :yes:

Just an update on our visa, meds completed on the 30 Dec and submitted police checks today, no more docs have been requested so the waiting game continues.....fingers crossed!

Hi Ghweng

Apparently there is no places for family sponsored visa for this year, that is what i have heard, no places before end of june, it s getting ridiculous

hi guys,

congratulation on those that got their PR granted, as I can see from the recent thread replied, quick few of them in class fs176 being given with PR status.

any news on FS 886?

Hi Ghweng

Apparently there is no places for family sponsored visa for this year, that is what i have heard, no places before end of june, it s getting ridiculous

Hi Guys,

176 and 475 are offshore fs and DIBP started processing for them. I think they will do the same with quota as they did last year. Keep the faith.

Gagan- Whats your thoughts on this?

How many more years do they need? Frustrated.. can't take it anymore.. what will happen to those who got case officer allocated last year for FS 886?

Hi Ghweng

Edited by endless waiting

don't loose the faith mate, do not take my words for granted, this could be wrong, you hear different stories every day

hopefully something will come up shortly

How many more years do they need? Frustrated.. can't take it anymore.. what will happen to those who got case officer allocated last year for FS 886?